Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

NBM
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by kevnstac View Post
    Blkcloud, being the racer you are, during my best run (and only run actually)in the Z and that was when I lived in Ohio was on a 74 degree day, I ran a 12.02 at 123.04mph. I couldn't shift the car and I only ran it once.
    The best run with the P51 was 1.533@60', 4.609@330', and 7.068@ 1/8th trap speed was 97.48mph. I hit the rev limiter as I tried to run out the 1/8th in 3rd gear.
    With that mph you should see bottom 11's easily.
    02 Camaro
    PRC Stg 2.5 5.3's, Futral F14, PP Typhoon intake, True duals, Performabuilt tranny, & 3500 convertor, HSW plate kit.
    *Old Time* 10.90@ 125mph

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Quote Originally Posted by kevnstac View Post
    I've been a member here since 2006.
    I originally joined the old version in the spring of 98. So what?

I barely post at all since I have better things to do with my life then sit behind the computer arguing with people who obviously KNOW IT ALL.
    There are quite a few folks that say very similar things....yet they still do exactly what you're doing.

The P51B has more then 510 crank HP, call 1-800-59-roush, press #3 for customer service, ask for Joe since he knows the P51 series the best, and ask what crank HP that car has. Anyone who believes blkcloud, call. The call is free, it'll only cost you a few minutes time.
    Dude - I quoted the Roush website. I didn't post numbers that I pulled out of the blue, or numbers that I asked someone to believe based on pure faith. I got it from them from the virtual horses mouth, so to speak.

But I agree...call and ask if you like.

Doing research on a car that only 51 were made is hard. You won't find magazine times on them, nor many videos of them racing.
    Which makes it real easy for people like you to come here and claim outrageous numbers and make it difficult for those of us that are skeptical (and I use to the term lightly) to say otherwise. But we do note how defensive you get.

I think youtube has 1 P51B model walking away from a Z06 and Callaway Corvette.
    Wow. But a stock C6 Z06 vs a "stock" P51B? Not a chance. Once again, a stock C6 Z06 is capable of ~130 mph 1/4 mile passes. By your own admission, your car does ~120 mph.

The A model was short on HP and (may have had) 510 crank but I doubt it. They were pig rich tuned and clogged the cats.
    Ok. And? What's the point? Why does the ROUSH webpage say that YOUR car has 510 crank HP?

As for taking a GT and modding it, I agree 110%. It would be a sh!tload cheaper. I bought this car because of the story behind it, the fact that my now deceased Dad fought in that war, and the fact that there are only 51 of them...ever.
    Personally, I don't care why you bought it. It's your money - spend it the way you wish.

Talking about racing a Roush, most of them are either 427's or Stages 1,2 & 3. maybe pushing 445HP, or 390rwhp. Modded up with the CAI and smaller pulley on the M90 blower, probably 440rwhp. This is a completely different car and to compare it to a M90 equipped Roush is like me comparing a Z06 to a ZR1.
    I certainly wouldn't compare a Mustang anything to a Z06....that includes your wundercar. There is no comparison, and there was never meant to be. It's a knife at a gunfight....even if the knife is longer and sharper than all the others.

Once again, I am a GM man as well. I'm not against a Z06 and I loved mine. I'm still waiting for them to build the Z/28 and I'll own one of them too. I'm not trying to say this car is better then anything,
    Sure you are. Want me to quote you?

I'm just trying to inform the public that these cars are in fact seriously fast for a factory car.
    I think they are over-priced boats. But then again, that's just my opinion....though you have had little positive influence on it...given that you were trying to inform me, the public.

Why in the world would you want to lambaste me for posting such? Its not like I'm threatening global nucler destruction for God's sake. Why would you take this so personally to waste your time posting negative attacks against me? Especially you blkcloud??
    Why do you care why I "waste my time"? I replied to you like I did because I think you're trying to blow smoke up the arses of everyone here. Worse, you're a Mustang owner trying to blow that smoke.

So there you go - that's why.

Blkcloud, being the racer you are, during my best run (and only run actually)in the Z and that was when I lived in Ohio was on a 74 degree day, I ran a 12.02 at 123.04mph. I couldn't shift the car and I only ran it once.
    I'll buy that. So with a good driver it would have gone much quicker and much faster. At 123 mph, it was already running better traps that you said your P51B did (120 mph - on a tire, in case you need reminding). Yet you still claim it would walk away from a Z. Huh?

The best run with the P51 was 1.533@60', 4.609@330', and 7.068@ 1/8th trap speed was 97.48mph. I hit the rev limiter as I tried to run out the 1/8th in 3rd gear.
    A Mustang with a road racing suspension and nothing but ET Streets went 1.533 60 fts?

Bologna. Sorry.

That's what it did, I really don't give a sh!t if you or anyone else believes it or not at this point.
    I think you do, or you wouldn't be posting here.

Now make no mistake....I have no doubt a street-prepped P51B (or any other properly-modded) Mustang can (and have) run that kind of 60 ft and ET. I just don't believe that you did it with a bone-stock version.

All I was trying to do was post some info on an incredible car, whether it be Ford, Chevy, or Dodge.
    I think you were trying to pull the wool over the eyes of the ignorant.

Look at it this way....the words "I don't believe you" are the most sincere form of flattery. Whilst I am quite secure in my belief that you are full of it....if you are just as sure that you did what you say, then take it as a compliment.

Have a nice day.
    Bob

Black
    1999 WS6

Have a nice day Bob.

Black
    1999 WS6

Hey, btw..I checked out your photobucket pics, nice bike!

Maybe one day we can meet up and you can inspect the car closer. You're not too far away. I certainly would love to have you see the car for yourself, but I completely understand your hesitance with believing anything I said.

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

Funny thing is, I can remember all the stangs that've beaten me, but I can't remember all the stangs that I've beaten

Black
    1999 WS6

Truth be told...so can I and I bet I could count them on 1 hand. I think my Trailblazer SS can run with most of them.

Thread Information