Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567824 ... LastLast

Silver
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    I have searched and searched to find what Wesman has on a black SS but to no avail.
    here is some one a NBM camaro http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/wheels...l#post11778018

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

I have searched and searched to find what Wesman has on a black SS but to no avail.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Your machine faced C6 Z06 wheels on a black camaro SS. Can't find a picture of that on the whole internet. Got about 3 hours of searching

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Your machine faced C6 Z06 wheels on a black camaro SS. Can't find a picture of that on the whole internet. Got about 3 hours of searching
    Oh ok...can't say I've seen one either...

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Oh ok...can't say I've seen one either...
    I sent you a PM. What size are your rims and tires? I want to upgrade my brakes and same rims as you. I read up on your brake thread also...good write up. What was the offset of your wheels?

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

I sent you a PM. What size are your rims and tires? I want to upgrade my brakes and same rims as you. I read up on your brake thread also...good write up. What was the offset of your wheels?
    I tried to reply but it wouldn't go thru...is your PM box full??

I send you an email instead, check your email you should have one from me

Rims are 18x9.5" with a 56mm offset on all 4 wheels and I have 15mm front wheel spacers to clear the CTS-V calipers.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

I tried to reply but it wouldn't go thru...is your PM box full??

I send you an email instead, check your email you should have one from me

Rims are 18x9.5" with a 56mm offset on all 4 wheels and I have 15mm front wheel spacers to clear the CTS-V calipers.
    I'll do some cleaning out and check my email, thanks. I want at least 10" in the back for some 315's but the fronts will be perfect. Any issues with your set up? How much better is braking?

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

I'll do some cleaning out and check my email, thanks. I want at least 10" in the back for some 315's but the fronts will be perfect. Any issues with your set up? How much better is braking?
    No issues whatsoever, everything went together well once I got the proper caliper clearance with the front wheel spacers.

Braking is excellent, huge improvement over the stock brakes. You won't notice it around town, but the first time you get on them from higher speeds you won't believe the stopping power of this setup.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

No issues whatsoever, everything went together well once I got the proper caliper clearance with the front wheel spacers.

Braking is excellent, huge improvement over the stock brakes. You won't notice it around town, but the first time you get on them from higher speeds you won't believe the stopping power of this setup.
    I could check back to your other thread but where did you get all of the brake parts and spacer from.?

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

I could check back to your other thread but where did you get all of the brake parts and spacer from.?
    Got the calipers off of ebay as a pair (loaded with pads and hardware), got the rotors from GM Parts Direct, and got the lines from Flynbye performance. Wheels spacers I got from Advance Auto, had to special order them from Eibach. However, you won't need the wheel spacers if you get 40mm offset wheels.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Got the calipers off of ebay as a pair (loaded with pads and hardware), got the rotors from GM Parts Direct, and got the lines from Flynbye performance. Wheels spacers I got from Advance Auto, had to special order them from Eibach. However, you won't need the wheel spacers if you get 40mm offset wheels.
    Thanks alot. I'm going to refer back when I start my ordering

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Oh, two more things. In your write up you say that you can go with either 4 piston Caddy or 6 piston Z06, why would the caddy be better for the track with 2 less pistons? And will the Z06 fit with that spacer that you know of? Are you lowered or stock height with all of this. Thanks again, I appreciate it.
    Last edited by blackSS01; 09-28-2009 at 11:45 PM.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Oh, two more things. In your write up you say that you can go with either 4 piston Caddy or 6 piston Z06, why would the caddy be better for the track with 2 less pistons? And will the Z06 fit with that spacer that you know of? Are you lowered or stock height with all of this. Thanks again, I appreciate it.
    From what I've read, its not the number of pistons thats the issue. The 4 piston CTS-V calipers are Brembos, while the 6 piston Z06 calipers are made by PBR, which is the same company that makes the stock F-body and standard (non-Z06) calipers. While PBR makes great products, the Z06 calipers just aren't as good for the track due to their design. One issue is the pads design - instead of using 2 pads, the Z06 calipers have 6 pads (3 on each side), which isn't as good for track use (uneven wear apparently?) and there are much less aftermarket pads options. The pads are also very expensive, at around $300 a set.

Both are excellent calipers, its more a matter of personal perference and budget than anything else. Also note that the CTS-V caliper is a direct bolt on, while the Z06 caliper needs an adaptor bracket to work.

The Z06 calipers should fit the same as the CTS-V calipers in terms of wheel spacers, I don't think the calipers are any wider, but you would have to check the measurements to be sure.

As far as ride height, my car is stock.

Black
    2000 Pontiac WS6 Trans Am

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

From what I've read, its not the number of pistons thats the issue. The 4 piston CTS-V calipers are Brembos, while the 6 piston Z06 calipers are made by PBR, which is the same company that makes the stock F-body and standard (non-Z06) calipers. While PBR makes great products, the Z06 calipers just aren't as good for the track due to their design. One issue is the pads design - instead of using 2 pads, the Z06 calipers have 6 pads (3 on each side), which isn't as good for track use (uneven wear apparently?) and there are much less aftermarket pads options. The pads are also very expensive, at around $300 a set.

Both are excellent calipers, its more a matter of personal perference and budget than anything else. Also note that the CTS-V caliper is a direct bolt on, while the Z06 caliper needs an adaptor bracket to work.

The Z06 calipers should fit the same as the CTS-V calipers in terms of wheel spacers, I don't think the calipers are any wider, but you would have to check the measurements to be sure.

As far as ride height, my car is stock.
    Excellent info thanks How much of a drop do you think I could get away with if I go same exact set-up. I would like 1" if possible or maybe 1.25"

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Excellent info thanks How much of a drop do you think I could get away with if I go same exact set-up. I would like 1" if possible or maybe 1.25"
    Either one should be fine

Black
    2001 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 00BlackBird View Post
    Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size
    I really like how aggressive that hood looks

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

I agree. Always seems to me that the non t/a bumper comes out farther and looks aggressive as hell with a ra hood.

00 blackbird, Is that a formula firebird?

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by 00BlackBird View Post
    Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size
    That car is pretty damn sweet

SOM
    2002 SS

Here's my Z

Last edited by 5abivt; 10-11-2009 at 10:29 AM.

Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567824 ... LastLast

Thread Information