Black/Black
    '00 Firebird WS6 T/A

my friend's buick vs rt charger

sounded like the charger had exhaust. the buick is a park avenue, n/a 3.8. charger takes off at light, i punched it while still in first and held even. it pulled me a little bit but jesus christ i almost bought one of those to replace my old v6 firebird. i was depressed.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by richard head View Post
    sounded like the charger had exhaust. the buick is a park avenue, n/a 3.8. charger takes off at light, i punched it while still in first and held even. it pulled me a little bit but jesus christ i almost bought one of those to replace my old v6 firebird. i was depressed.

Something is wrong here cause a R/T is only a low 14 second car but there is no way in hell your park avenue is a 14 second car, most likely 16 second.

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Something is wrong here cause a R/T is only a low 14 second car but there is no way in hell your park avenue is a 14 second car, most likely 16 second.
    actually if you read on challenger forums, all r\t's run low 13's.

actually if you read on challenger forums, all r\t's run low 13's.
    haha .. isn't that the truth!!

One of the guys I work with has one of those yellow rumblebee charger R/T thingys. He swears he stomps G8's and Mustang GT's all the time. Has never been beaten; he's quite amazing to listen to. Yet, amazingly, whenever I mearly suggest taking the cars to a country road and "playfully" seeing what they can do... he has to meet his wife, or get gas, or whatever.

willys srt8
    Quote Originally Posted by fox1x View Post
    haha .. isn't that the truth!!

One of the guys I work with has one of those yellow rumblebee charger R/T thingys. He swears he stomps G8's and Mustang GT's all the time. Has never been beaten; he's quite amazing to listen to. Yet, amazingly, whenever I mearly suggest taking the cars to a country road and "playfully" seeing what they can do... he has to meet his wife, or get gas, or whatever.
    if it's a "super bee" it's an SRT-8 and is capable of stomping stock G8 GTs and mustang GTs. SRT-8s are low 13 sec cars.
    Last edited by willys srt8; 07-25-2009 at 05:55 PM.

It has no "hood scoop" and no "SRT" badge on the back... It says rumblebee... I don't think it says "superbee".

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by richard head View Post
    haha why did that depress you? maybe disappoint you but i wouldnt be depressed, also he prolly wasnt even racing you he was just accelerating and you thought y'all were racing

Red
    1999 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by blue02Z View Post
    haha why did that depress you? maybe disappoint you but i wouldnt be depressed, also he prolly wasnt even racing you he was just accelerating and you thought y'all were racing
    i get that alot with civics...i take off normally at a light and they wind those weedwackers out like no tomorrow and slowly passing me, thinking they just beat a muscle car. sad sad times we are in

Black/Black
    '00 Firebird WS6 T/A

i've been doing this sort of thing for years. the charger was revving at a stingray to its left and i was on the right. i was excited to see a good run and went aggressive on the throttle but didn't want any lawdogs to think i was part of the fun so i took off but then the stingray didn't go - so i went wot asap and yeah, the charger put about a length on me to 60 but jesus i was in the grandma mobile. my trans am would have been about 15 bazillion carlengths ahead. Maybe it was a v6 all badged up to look r/t but it didn't sound like a v6.

Thread Information