Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Arrow '00 Z28 Vs. Evo 8

Tonight Tom killed me in his "Electric Blue" Evo 8... Vids soon to come. I also raced a modded STi who beat me by one car length, and a '02 Mustang GT w/ a intake and exhaust which I beat from a stop and a 40mph roll. Great bunch of people to mess around on the road w/...

03 Terminator

do u know what the STi and Evo had done?

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

That's what ya get for having a hypertech tune and a blowmaster

Quote Originally Posted by LS1Power06
    do u know what the STi and Evo had done?
    STi has:
    Intake
    Turboback Exhaust (no cats)
    02 External Dump
    Injectors/Pump
    UTEC
    21psi
    some other little stuff not sure

EVO:
    Intake
    02 Turboback Exhaust (no cat)
    Tubular Ex.Manifold
    Intercooler & Piping
    272 Cams
    Fuel Pump
    Custom Flash
    22psi

It was a good time havin you down Mike, now you know where to go for some runs on the weekends! It will also be nice when you get some more mods and we can do it over again!

-Tom
    Last edited by EE1983; 02-03-2006 at 08:20 AM.

NBM
    '00 Z28

can't wait to see the vids.

Platinum Silver Metallic
    2005 WRXImpreza STi

Quote Originally Posted by EE1983
    STi has:
    Intake
    02 External Dump
    Injectors/Pump
    UTEC
    21psi

EVO:
    Intake
    Tubular Ex.Manifold
    Intercooler & Piping
    272 Cams
    Fuel Pump
    Custom Flash
    22psi

It was a good time havin you down Mike, now you know where to go for some runs on the weekends! It will also be nice when you get some more mods and we can do it over again!

-Tom

Close, but not quite right. I wish i had injectors, i only have a fuel pump. Im only on 19lbs. Utec-crappy tune (running really rich), boost is not consistent either. I also blew out my external wastegate dump gasket, so it kinda leaks out the up-pipe sometimes. But thats it,i have all sorts of bushings and stuff, and other gizmos, nothing fancy though.

It was really fun Mike, you should come down more often, youd have a lot of fun, i know a bunch of us will be out there tonight. I was so mad at myself when i bogged off the line. to winter tires lol. Yea, it was a really good race, i thought we were going to be dead even. If you ever want, call me up, ill PM you my cell, im always out.

-Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by EJTwentyfiveSTi
    Close, but not quite right. I wish i had injectors, i only have a fuel pump. Im only on 19lbs. Utec-crappy tune (running really rich), boost is not consistent either. I also blew out my external wastegate dump gasket, so it kinda leaks out the up-pipe sometimes. But thats it,i have all sorts of bushings and stuff, and other gizmos, nothing fancy though.

It was really fun Mike, you should come down more often, youd have a lot of fun, i know a bunch of us will be out there tonight. I was so mad at myself when i bogged off the line. to winter tires lol. Yea, it was a really good race, i thought we were going to be dead even. If you ever want, call me up, ill PM you my cell, im always out.

-Anthony
    My bad, I thought you told me you had injectors for some reason, I was thinking EVO boost... 21psi lol

05 Wrangler

Sounds like a awesome race you guys had

Mikesomething you need to rethink your mods though...you could of got a used ls6 intake manifold for what you paid for that MAF...if you bought the MAF new that is. Flowmasters are really restrictive, if I was you i'd ditch it or get a qtp cutout. Also hypertech....eh....not so great. With the ls6 manifold..better catback and tune you should be able to walk'em up top...depending on how bad they beat you in your current form. Also port your TB

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSomething
    Tonight Tom killed me in his "Electric Blue" Evo 8... Vids soon to come. I also raced a modded STi who beat me by one car length, and a '02 Mustang GT w/ a intake and exhaust which I beat from a stop and a 40mph roll. Great bunch of people to mess around on the road w/...
    Sounded like a good time fella's.

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
    Sounds like a awesome race you guys had

Mikesomething you need to rethink your mods though...you could of got a used ls6 intake manifold for what you paid for that MAF...if you bought the MAF new that is. Flowmasters are really restrictive, if I was you i'd ditch it or get a qtp cutout. Also hypertech....eh....not so great. With the ls6 manifold..better catback and tune you should be able to walk'em up top...depending on how bad they beat you in your current form. Also port your TB
    Flowmasters are gonna be switched over to Magnaflow...Only paid $200.00 for the MAF from a guy on here, so I made out. As far as tuning, u suggest a Diablo Predator, LS1edit, or me going crazy looking for a Dyno Tune?

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

STi has:
    Intake
    02 External Dump
    Injectors/Pump
    UTEC
    21psi

EVO:
    Intake
    Tubular Ex.Manifold
    Intercooler & Piping
    272 Cams
    Fuel Pump
    Custom Flash
    22psi

-Tom
    You 2 man, I'm gettin more stuff done to it, especially since I know now that SLP is RIGHT THERE!!! LoL!

05 Wrangler

Flowmasters are gonna be switched over to Magnaflow...Only paid $200.00 for the MAF from a guy on here, so I made out. As far as tuning, u suggest a Diablo Predator, LS1edit, or me going crazy looking for a Dyno Tune?
    Depends on how far deep your future mod plans go....for a basic bolt-on car the predator is awesome. You can get a custom tune through the predator for bigger mods also. I'd definatly get a dyno tune if you do FI or H/C in the future though.

I think you'll like magnaflow...it kinda grows on you though. WOT sounds great and lower rpms have a good tone and isn't obnoxiously loud...seems to sound better the longer it's on too

You 2 man, I'm gettin more stuff done to it, especially since I know now that SLP is RIGHT THERE!!! LoL!
    Yeah I think its better I dont have an LS1 because theyre so close theyd just OWN my Amex card. They do have a dyno there too so you should check them out. I belive that kid Mark with the SS got his head/cam package installed and tuned there.

BTW do you have vids? My friend has them from my car but says their kinda dark.
    -Tom

Mike, stop throwing you're money away. Find a good machine shop (if you can't find one, lemme know). Have you're stock heads worked properly. For that $200.00 that you forked over for the MAF, I could have gotten you a used (but good) LS6 intake w/ matching cam. My buddies run a local boneyard (being that you don't really mind buying parts that are already used)...

Raced Guy
    Evo with bolt ons and 272's =low 12's, good runs !

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal
    Mike, stop throwing you're money away. Find a good machine shop (if you can't find one, lemme know). Have you're stock heads worked properly. For that $200.00 that you forked over for the MAF, I could have gotten you a used (but good) LS6 intake w/ matching cam. My buddies run a local boneyard (being that you don't really mind buying parts that are already used)...
    Awesome, I appreciate it. I was wonderin if I should just hold out and save for the FAST intake manifold and TB? I can't install the Cam myself and my mechanic offered to install it for $975.00 for the 13hrs labor. Anyother suggestions man?

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Yeah I think its better I dont have an LS1 because theyre so close theyd just OWN my Amex card. They do have a dyno there too so you should check them out. I belive that kid Mark with the SS got his head/cam package installed and tuned there.

BTW do you have vids? My friend has them from my car but says their kinda dark.
    -Tom
    I didn't get anything on tape man. Your friend got some good footage of me beating the Stang I saw, anything you can send my way would be great, thanks again Tom!

Awesome, I appreciate it. I was wonderin if I should just hold out and save for the FAST intake manifold and TB? I can't install the Cam myself and my mechanic offered to install it for $975.00 for the 13hrs labor. Any other suggestions man?
    Although I'm sure you're mechanic is a good guy, I would never encourage someone to throw away one thousand dollars towards a simple cam swap. Also, "FAST" is very overrated. Believe me when I tell you that you're stock heads and throttle body will easily support the horsepower that you're looking for (after the heads are worked, and TB is ported).

Focus you're attention on getting the power to the pavement. Spohn torque arm, Koni shocks, bigger meats out back, etc. Then focus you're attention on the valvetrain. I'm running a stock LS1 with an SLP lid, K&N filter, FRA mod, and stall speed converter... and I absolutely raped a burnt orange SRT4 the other night on Route 9. Again, my LS1 is bone stock, and I barely had any traction. What good would be adding more and more, when I can't even get what I already "got" to hook?

Get the power that you already have to the ground. As for installing the cam, I'm a true DIY'er. We'd be more than happy to help you out anytime bro....

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal
    Although I'm sure you're mechanic is a good guy, I would never encourage someone to throw away one thousand dollars towards a simple cam swap. Also, "FAST" is very overrated. Believe me when I tell you that you're stock heads and throttle body will easily support the horsepower that you're looking for (after the heads are worked, and TB is ported).

Focus you're attention on getting the power to the pavement. Spohn torque arm, Koni shocks, bigger meats out back, etc. Then focus you're attention on the valvetrain. I'm running a stock LS1 with an SLP lid, K&N filter, FRA mod, and stall speed converter... and I absolutely raped a burnt orange SRT4 the other night on Route 9. Again, my LS1 is bone stock, and I barely had any traction. What good would be adding more and more, when I can't even get what I already "got" to hook?

Get the power that you already have to the ground. As for installing the cam, I'm a true DIY'er. We'd be more than happy to help you out anytime bro....
    I know what you mean w/ the traction problems... Please PM me about a cam...Thanks again man!

Mike if you want me to send the vids, let me know. I have them on putfile.

Thread Information