Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

white
    2000 Z28

I thought chevy engines in ford were normal. Now one thing I for sure, I've never heard of a ford Motor in a chevy. There might be some but I've never heard of it

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

ls1 in a foxbody is a pretty common thing. Like i said i have seen a hand full at my local track alone. And a chevy engine in general in a stang/ford is super common. Obviously those guys understand the pros out weigh the cons in thsoe engine swaps.

Quote Originally Posted by 00z28bubba View Post
    I thought chevy engines in ford were normal. Now one thing I for sure, I've never heard of a ford Motor in a chevy. There might be some but I've never heard of it
    You are right. It's been common since the 50's. Even today, go to any show and you'll see ford street rods of 30's and 40's vintage,,,,and 90% of them all run a chevy drivetrain of some combination.

It's been going on since the V-8 was invented guys. Why would the fox body be any different??

It makes perfect sense really if you think about it. Not being bias here at all. But you take a automobile platform that is cheap to buy, has a rearend that takes abuse and a suspension that is cheap and easy to hook,,,,,,couple that with for instance a gen 1 sbc. It's been around since 1955,,,over 50 years of parts availability that interchange with one another is key here,,,,one of the cheapest if not THE cheapest V8 you can build from, easy to make power with for little money.

You put the 2 together and you have a cheap hotrod thats fast. And that's what hotrodding is all about.
    Building a ford engine I can understand,,,,but they don't have the swapability of a chevy small block, parts don't interchange as easily, and generally are more expensive as well. Hence the reason the small block chevy has always been a popular swap in any vehicle.

On the other hand,,,the LS series engines just haven't had the advantage of being around 50+ years,,,,and they are already showing parts swap problems everytime GM wants to improve something so things don't interchange as easily. They are still expensive due to still being relatively new (only been around 12 years) even though the aftermarket is strong they still aren't as cost effective from a price standpoint.

It's all about what you like and what you can afford.

So now we're in grammar school? So what if someone typed "tons".......that is totally irrelevant to the original posting....
    Yes it is irrelevant to the original posting, I agree with that. That's because it is in response to someone elses irrelevant post to the original topic. And now we're talking about the history of Ford engines in Chevy's and Chevy engines in Fords... how is that relevant to the original post?

These posts always go off topic, but they are usually tastefully done(at least here at ls1.com I think they are) Does this mean we have to stop talking about Chevy engines in Fords or Ford engines in Chevy's?

Arctic White, red/gray

A forum discussion is like any real conversation, most long conversatiosn tend to split off into other littlse subjects that in some way connect but arent directly relevant. Its good for all i think, this is when i tend to learn many new things

And for all those people who just keep poping into a heated yet respectful debate(not this one just debates in general) and say back to topic please, this is for you

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    A forum discussion is like any real conversation, most long conversatiosn tend to split off into other littlse subjects that in some way connect but arent directly relevant. Its good for all i think, this is when i tend to learn many new things

And for all those people who just keep poping into a heated yet respectful debate(not this one just debates in general) and say back to topic please, this is for you
    I think you mean the moderators.....

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
    I think you mean the moderators.....
    I dont see mods coming in and say back to topic unless someone is getting out of hand. Thats why i added in heated yet RESPECTFUL

Hopefully the mods dont punish me lol

2000 Trans Am

I dont see mods coming in and say back to topic unless someone is getting out of hand. Thats why i added in heated yet RESPECTFUL

I know man I was just kidding! NOW BACK ON TOPIC

I agree, it's healthy to chit chat, some of it is rather interesting in my opinion.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

oh fuck... i killed it... keep posting!!! dont' be sissys... it's not my section to moderate anyway...

Silver
    04 Cobra

I agree chevy engines in fords, it cheaper more chevy motors in supply more parts. I have been a chevy guy my whole life, I just don't understand the reason for a swap in a late model stang 85 and newer. You can build a 302 or a 281 to get the same power, and I would think it would be cheaper! I must admit now that I think about it's kinda cool I quess! Personaly I would put a 03/04 cobra motor in one!
    04 Cobra
    634.4rwhp 647.8rwtq
    Yea I own a Cobra now, so what!!

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

Quote Originally Posted by stangereater View Post
    THATS THE DUMBEST SH*T I HAVE EVER HEARD! I guess some dumb redneck might try it. I don't care thats just the first I have heard. Show me some!!! It don't really seem cost effected to me! But Oh well anything is possible on the internet!
    here you go. right from my own home track. does high 10s. now, you might want to calm down some.

Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    here you go. right from my own home track. does high 10s. now, you might want to calm down some.

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

i hope to never line up next to one of them...

white
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    i hope to never line up next to one of them...
    i definitely share your hopes with my bolt on only motor, and all stock suspension lol.

Black
    99 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 99 Kobra View Post
    It only has 225hp, but it has 300 ft. lbs. of torque. You calling the 5.0 a "shitty motor"? I'll be polite and not trash your rice.
    my roommate has a 1990 fox body, he can get heads/cam/intake for a few grand and be at the same level as our ls1s...he's really playing with the idea of the ls1. it would be a little cheaper than the route he was taking with the 5.0.

you will see chevy motors in mustangs but never ford motors in a fbody

Alot of my mustang friends and many others on the streets didn't really bother with the little 302's.

When it was just as cost effective to do a 347 stroker kit. Those are the little fox bodies you have to watch out for. There were literally dozens of those things around Cinci. One of the machine shops I frequented always had 4-5 347 builds in process at any given time. They sold like hotcakes.
    A well built 347 easily put the little fox body in the 11's on motor only. There were alot of those running around. Had to choose your battles carefully, you just never knew.

Quote Originally Posted by ls1wallen View Post
    so i have a all stock formula nothing done to it. he has a 98 gt mustang with a bigger throttle body, bigger injectors and manifold. he has been giving me shit about driving a GM for years. so i finally call him out. we do a 30 pull. we are head to head for about 2 seconds then i just slaughter him.
    Kick him in the nuts for thinking injectors give the engine more power.

Quote Originally Posted by iwannagofast View Post
    my roommate has a 1990 fox body, he can get heads/cam/intake for a few grand and be at the same level as our ls1s...he's really playing with the idea of the ls1. it would be a little cheaper than the route he was taking with the 5.0.

you will see chevy motors in mustangs but never ford motors in a fbody
    That combo would prob run a stock ls1. But how many ls1's are stock? A cammed ls1 would still eat him up.

Thread Information