Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Blk/gld,Blu,Blk
    78TA,92RS,02Hawk

Quote Originally Posted by BadBlueBuggy View Post
    This is correct, the upgraded suspension became nothing more than Larger front swaybar and 17" wheels. can't even buy the rear 1LE (130-180lbs)springs any more.

Check the Part numbers on the Springs for verification. Late '00-'02 WS6 will have # 10305134 or #22077421 which is the Standard V-8 Rear Springs from '98-'02 and I'd guess the Front spring will be #22077197, #22077195 or # 22197229.

#22132562 or #22132889 is the rear 1LE spring.

#22132561 or #22132887 for the front 1LE spring.
    These guys are right. The 1LE components were dropped around 2000 leaving only the larger swaybar as the "upgraded suspension". Of course you still got the 17in wheels/tires, the badges, and Ram Air with the montrous hood that gave it that wicked look.
    Seems the stiffer ride was a compaint from average buyers, thus being changed much like how they changed to the wimpy thin steering wheel some time back due to female buyers complaining.

black,blue,red
    97 lt4 ws6,98firehawk,91z

just get a ta buy the hood, some rims, lower it and its even better and you save money for ther mods

Blk/gld,Blu,Blk
    78TA,92RS,02Hawk

socal...97 lt4 ws6,98firehawk,91z ??

Awesome cars. I love 91/92 Z28s and LT4s are awesome, but '98 hawk?
    I beith confused..
    And weren't the only LT4 F-bodies the SSLT4 and Firehawk LT4?

Sorry but if you really think a TA is the same as a WS6 you guys need help .... ALL a WS6 is a hood lol .... SMH.. Ill just say this hp is about 75 more hp in the WS6!!! THE cars look the same and thats it... Dont believe what you read. .Put both on the dyno .. Then you'll know. . LMFAO THE SAME ...

Black
    2000 Firebird Formula WS6

Smile Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Carmine lucchese View Post
    Sorry but if you really think a TA is the same as a WS6 you guys need help .... ALL a WS6 is a hood lol .... SMH.. Ill just say this hp is about 75 more hp in the WS6!!! THE cars look the same and thats it... Dont believe what you read. .Put both on the dyno .. Then you'll know. . LMFAO THE SAME ...
    The last time someone posted in this thread was almost 10 years ago. (12-11-2006) You are correct though, there are some fundamental differences.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

They are the same engine, transmissions, & rear ends (A4/M6). Only difference between a Non WS6 and a WS6 are bigger sway bars, springs, an increase of 1" on the air lid tray, Ram Air Hood and badging. There was no special "tune" or cam for WS6 cars. Even if you throw in the Firehawks they had the SLP suspension just a different hood, badging, exhaust, Blackhawk air lid and a birth certificate from SLP. and that gave you a +5 on hp numbers.

"75 more" would have to be a cam and heads package that did not come from GM. Even if you used a C5 cam and heads during that time frame (98-02) you would still only net maybe.....20+ hp gain.

To get that 75 number you would need a MS3 or 4 cam, aftermarket heads and a serious good tune.

My 403ci is at 450hp & tq with all in my signature. My biggest hold back is my non p&p 243 heads and the cam that I had spec'd for a 370 build. I have plenty left in the engine, I just need to invest in aftermarket heads for and intake based on LS3 design.
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f7/my-6-liter-build-174257/

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f8/my-8-8-rear-build-165553/

6.0L Block - Forged 403ci , Polluter Stg3 Cam, FAST 102mm Intake, NW102 TB, MSD wires, NGK TR6 plugs, Truck Coil Packs, LS3 Fuel Injectors, CC Pacesetter LT Headers, TS&P ORY, QTP e-Cutout, Magnaflow Muffler, 104mm Air Lid & Line Lock, Catch Can, Stage 2 T56 w/Viper shaft, PRO 5.0 Shifter, Tick MC, SPEC Stg3+ Clutch, QT SFI BH, MWC DSL, Full UMI Performance Suspension, Belstein Shocks, Hotchkis Springs (1" Drop), YR1 Snowflake Wheels wrapped in NT555 tires & Custom Fab Ford 8.8 rear w/Wavetrac Diff 3.73 Yukon Gears, WSQ Hood, 3"CM Strange Eng Drive Shaft.

00 FB Vert - Stock

78 FB - Just getting started......

Horsepower never lies, but is often lied about!

Lol wrong did you do any dyno numbers .???. I don't think so!!! So you can repeat what you read like a parrot. There's 75 hp different easy . Heads are different. Rear ends different . Intake different. Cam ls3. Intake ls3. Injectors are bigger. . Sob get a real ws6 and a ta . Do a side by side on the whole car . Lol internet mechanic. You can tell you have no experience working on this car's. And dont know the difference on the ls family. .

Pewter
    2002 WS6 TA

Subscribed.....

Navy Blue Metallic

Lol wrong did you do any dyno numbers .???. I don't think so!!! So you can repeat what you read like a parrot. There's 75 hp different easy . Heads are different. Rear ends different . Intake different. Cam ls3. Intake ls3. Injectors are bigger. . Sob get a real ws6 and a ta . Do a side by side on the whole car . Lol internet mechanic. You can tell you have no experience working on this car's. And dont know the difference on the ls family. .
    Show me this magical WS6 that comes 75hp more than every single WS6 in existence that ever came stock. Not even the C5 LS1's or LS6 engines had that much of a bump.

You obviously can comprehend what I wrote. I did state in my post...

75 more" would have to be a cam and heads package that did not come from GM. Even if you used a C5 cam and heads during that time frame (98-02) you would still only net maybe.....20+ hp gain.

To get that 75 number you would need a MS3 or 4 cam, aftermarket heads and a serious good tune.
    Now your words...
    Heads are different. Rear ends different . Intake different. Cam ls3. Intake ls3. Injectors are bigger.

I think that makes it not stock?

Uh oh...here comes those pesty facts....

No LS1 or LS6 can use LS3 intake or cam, period. You would need LS3 style heads to use the intake.

The only GEN III & IV blocks that can use LS3 heads, cam and intake are.....LS2, LQ4 & Lq9's.....why you ask......they all start with a 4.00" cylinder bore and will need to be bored out to at least 4.030". LS1's start with a 3.898" bore, LS3's 4.06"

Now regarding the internet mechanic comment - Everything on my car I've done, everything From the nose to the tail I've done every single mod with one exception. I don't rebuild transmissions. Built the engine = me, built the rear = me, I've done more to my car then any "mechanic" or factory worker has ever done to it.

Where's your car?
    Last edited by SMWS6TA; 10-27-2016 at 06:18 AM.

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

WTF are you smoking it's obv you don't know the difference ls3 wasn't even around when these cars were out lol. It's obvious you are a troll and have nothing else to do. If you want to be a good troll actually come up with something that could be plausible.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk
    1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

BRR
    2002 SS LE

Nicely trolled .....

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Somebody must have been really bored to come in and troll on a 10 year old thread... Scott, I don't even know why you bothered
    If it's not a troll, it deserves a ban just for stupidity. Wonder if this guy can help me with the Opti-Spark on my "LT1"?

Wondering why I'm commenting 4 days later?... I'm bored

2016 Summit White 1SS - The DD - Mishimoto catch can, Solo axleback & secondary cat delete, LED sidemarkers & reverse lights, head/taillight blackout, RCC custom badges
    2001 NBM Trans Am WS6 - Torquer V2 cam, Yank 3000 stall, Transgo kit, Racetronix fuel pump, TSP LTs, Magnaflow catback, Strano Springs/Koni STR.T shocks, 17x9.5/17x11 TTII's
    2000 Arctic White SS #1667 - Sold

2001 WS6

This is the difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navy Blue Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS View Post
    Somebody must have been really bored to come in and troll on a 10 year old thread... Scott, I don't even know why you bothered
    If it's not a troll, it deserves a ban just for stupidity. Wonder if this guy can help me with the Opti-Spark on my "LT1"?

Wondering why I'm commenting 4 days later?... I'm bored
    I only responded so those that are new to our cars later on will realize that he was posting bad info...

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    I only responded so those that are new to our cars later on will realize that he was posting bad info...
    That makes sense.

BLACK
    1998 WS6, ASC BUILD #206

Quote Originally Posted by 01WS6_4_ME View Post
    Ok Z-Driver1, again you win and I stand corrected and am Man enough to admit it. After following up with pontiac on the WS6 upgrade, this is what they sent me. You are correct sir.

The "Ram Air" Performance Package included 325HP Ram Air induction system, functional air hood scoops, 5 spoke aluminum wheels, P275/40ZR17 highway high performance blackwall tires, specific front and rear suspension modification - larger front stabilizer bar, higher front and rear spring rates, unique shock valving and stiffer panhard bar bushings, dual oval exhaust outlets, and unique WS6 rear fascia badging and Ram Air hood scoop decals.

That is the difference between regular and WS6 right from the horses or GM's mouth.

Justin
    WOW!!! There's something you don't see everyday. Someone admitting they were in error.
    I find that to be totally awesome and honorable.

I haven't been on board in a L O N G time but it's outstanding to see it still here and doing well.
    Still have my baby and still enjoy it now and then.
    This T/A WS6 is Factory modified by ASC at the Lachine facility on March 13, 1998 and is identified to be
    ASC build #206.
    We took delivery from Pontiac dealer April 7th, 1998.
    ASC Factory letter provided from them.

Love of money is the root of all evil.
    Send $19.95 for more information.

Red
    2003 GMC Sierra

Will it be better to close an old thread then create a new one for inquiry?

Navy Blue Metallic

Go ahead and ask in a new thread that way it's directed to your inquiry instead of being tied to this one.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information