Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper101 View Post
    That guy just better be glad he didnt line up against the 10 sec 4cyl sr 240sx lol

He prob would have went and traded it back into the dealer
    I felt the car was truly a 9 second car with the 140mph trap. I just could not get her to get in. It's so difficult with a 5 speed manual. If I were to run 30psi on the street, on street tires, I'd better be looking for another set of tires since pretty much all of it will be layed down on the pavement.

Stockitie Stock Stock 95camaroZNC's Avatar

Red
    1999 Trans Am

Ultimate sleeper build i think, you and the guy with the ls6 for sure id love to have one of those cars like that or a FD with a ls in it. Nice kill for sure man.

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    3.69 final drive. You can't trap 140mph without it. I ran 3.92 final from the J30 for a while, but even that was too short. On high boost I would run out of gear in 4th. However, if you aren't making a good amount of power, that 3.69 final might slow a down a bit.
    yeah, Thats kinda what im figuring. I have yet to get a final dyno number since I been tuning but its in the 500's somewere at the rear wheels. It acts like it wants alot more gear.

I might look into the q45 rear end. Although I really dont wanna convert to a 5 lug due to my wheel and brake combo I already have.

Quote Originally Posted by 95camaroZNC View Post
    Ultimate sleeper build i think, you and the guy with the ls6 for sure id love to have one of those cars like that or a FD with a ls in it. Nice kill for sure man.
    With some minor weight reduction the car is sitting in low 2500lb range. It could get lighter if it went on a serious diet, but I still need some stuff for the street.

..... and yes, my 240SX has completely stock exterior. It's lowered a bit, and has some tire in the back... the only way you can tell.... and of course the sound.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

With some minor weight reduction the car is sitting in low 2500lb range. It could get lighter if it went on a serious diet, but I still need some stuff for the street.

..... and yes, my 240SX has completely stock exterior. It's lowered a bit, and has some tire in the back... the only way you can tell.... and of course the sound.
    I remember one of the first sleepers i raced back when i started racing with my 79 malibu 355 semi built, side pipes, turbo 350 trans with stall and shift kit and 3.73 gears made 380whp. It was a 95ish 240sx dark green with a red front bumper, black rear and a black door, we were rolling on the freeway(not too good for the malibu already lol) but i slammed it into 2nd at 70mph and when he spooled all i could hear was turbo and he was gone. Later found out it was a 500whp 240. God did that open my eyes to the power of some imports.

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    I remember one of the first sleepers i raced back when i started racing with my 79 malibu 355 semi built, side pipes, turbo 350 trans with stall and shift kit and 3.73 gears made 380whp. It was a 95ish 240sx dark green with a red front bumper, black rear and a black door, we were rolling on the freeway(not too good for the malibu already lol) but i slammed it into 2nd at 70mph and when he spooled all i could hear was turbo and he was gone. Later found out it was a 500whp 240. God did that open my eyes to the power of some imports.
    I've been beaten by Hondas from the dig and a roll, on the street, against my LS1 240SX. There are plenty of fast imports to go around. My buddy with a '92 Civic hatchback, bone stock K20 swap, and a GT35R turbo kit on 12psi, spanked my LS1 240SX. He runs mid 10s@135mph though.

From my experience I always under and over estimate cars. I've raced domestics that sound mean as shit, only to destroy them. I've also raced imports that I've laughed at, that put a hurting on my car as well. It's all in the game.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

I've been beaten by Hondas from the dig and a roll, on the street, against my LS1 240SX. There are plenty of fast imports to go around. My buddy with a '92 Civic hatchback, bone stock K20 swap, and a GT35R turbo kit on 12psi, spanked my LS1 240SX. He runs mid 10s@135mph though.

From my experience I always under and over estimate cars. I've raced domestics that sound mean as shit, only to destroy them. I've also raced imports that I've laughed at, that put a hurting on my car as well. It's all in the game.
    Yes i have raced many cars that sound meaner but arent and have been taken many times since then by cars i didnt think were fast. But that was really the first time i had raced a sleeper of that speed. My malibu wasnt slow it ran low-mid 12s which was scary fast for me as me, my uncle and my cousin built that car when i was 15 turning 16. It was my first and only car at the time and yes i drove it in these Wisconsin winters lol. So needless to say i thought i was pretty hot shit back then when i had the 2nd fastest car in my school, so it did suprise my ignorant ass mind lol.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 07-07-2009 at 12:15 PM.

Blue
    09 Nissan Altima

Superluminal, do you have any pics of the 240?

Thread Information