Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The TDC v6..

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Resubscribed...
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by tiresmokindad View Post
    Thanks for the information. I learned about the concepts of V6 version of the Olds 2.3L "quad 4".
    Welcome.. I did'nt write the article but the info it sound.. I'm currently building a TDC twin turbo all one offs. You can find my build thread in this (v6) section as well.. Glad you enjoyed! Thanks for your time..

White
    2008 Hummer H3

I have also done extensive research on trany types (consider this my revision) for performance applications. The North Star 4T80e can also be used but it's huge! Like having nearly 2 4t60e's under the hood huge. The Muncie getrag 284 as afore mentioned and recently I've added the Munie(only) m19 4spd from the early "X" cars. BUT the m19 MUST be rebuilt to handle high revs and more HP or you'll scatter it all over the road today... Oh and forget the 4t60e, 4t65e HD. TDC will eat them and burp out the leftovers..lol ....and that's only a stock TDC too. Not that they have oodles of torque but it's more about the high reving nature of the TDC. There are only a hand full of after market parts but numbers for the crank, pistons (3.4 only), and connecting rods can be crossed with the other 60* v6's 2.8. 3.1, and the 3.4 single cam. However the TDC has a different starter location so unless you work some machine magic it won't work in a RWD application. When I said hand full I ment there are some (3) chips for the obd1 ecm's and well that's about it really.. However, the obd1.5 and later obII have a few more options in the realm of tunning. Obd1's can be worked a little by having chips burned..
    Last edited by Smittro; 05-29-2010 at 06:27 PM.

Thread Information