Thread: Dont get it

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Dont get it

Well this is a basic question but ill be as specific as i can be, what i dont get is when i race a G37 Auto against my 01Z28 M6, when we go from a dig 0-70mph or you can say 1st-3rd gear i can barely pull a half a car on him. Here is when it gets more confusing its not like im loosing much traction in 2nd and none in 3rd when we race from a dig. Now if we race from 2nd gear roll or 3rd gear roll or even 4th gear roll, i absolutly rape him its like 2 different races. This isnt like this with just this Z ive had. My 93Z from a roll 20mph keep up with a 01 Audi S4 Manual all the way through 3rd gear barely and yes it was modded S4.

Then as soon as we hit the highway and start off in 3rd gear it was a joke and couldnt figure out why this keeps happening over and over again. I could understand if im just keeping up in 1st gear due to traction and maybe the begining of 2nd but top of 2nd and all the way through 3rd gear from a dig and im only keeping up is a mystery to me. The only thing i can think of is that the car looses momentum and its a up hill battle to gain it back and start pulling or something just dont know. I even have proof were i easily pull on the G37 from 2nd gear roll but not the vid were he is keeping up with me from a dig 1st-3rd gear but its like he has a completly different car or i do from a dig to a roll at any gear. The G37 shocked me when we raced from a dig and thought im gonna get my a** handed when we race from a roll but it was to my suprise a different outcome.
    1993 Z28 M6: K&N Intake, 52mm TB, TB Bypass, No Cats, Exhaust Cutout, Flowmaster Muffler, 3.90 Gears, 160 Thermo, Tune, BMR Springs, Bilstein Shocks, 3 Point SFC,s & MGW Shifter.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

sounds like bad traction from the start...then the car has to catch again....then start to pull..that takes time when the car that has good traction is constantly gaining ...remember what separates 9 sec cars and our cars stock ???? 4 seconds...its not much in all reality..so what i am saying is a bad launch(no traction) is alot to over come when dealing with the other car that gets a good launch

Black
    BLK TA modded 12.2@113mph

aGREED

I agree I berat a Corvette 2005 last week at the track not on time but side by side race and I killed hime but as soon as we passed the line he flew by me and we did that twice

Thread Information