Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    '99 -- Z/28 -- Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    People with GTRs have hit 120mph trap speeds. I have yet to see a gt500 trap 120mph. And as far as ET, people have gone mid 11s in GTRs, noone can even go low 12s with a gt500.
    Pretty much what I came up with.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

People with GTRs have hit 120mph trap speeds. I have yet to see a gt500 trap 120mph. And as far as ET, people have gone mid 11s in GTRs, noone can even go low 12s with a gt500.
    I'n not talking 1/4 mile ET's. The GTR can't even make it down the track wihtout blowing its trans. I'm talking real world driving. Put the GTR next to the GT500 on the highway and watch the GTR get walked.

'99 -- Z/28 -- Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    I'n not talking 1/4 mile ET's. The GTR can't even make it down the track wihtout blowing its trans. I'm talking real world driving. Put the GTR next to the GT500 on the highway and watch the GTR get walked.
    Racing (that counts) is either 1/4 mile or road course/tracks. The GT500 loses

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by LS1Jason View Post
    Racing (that counts) is either 1/4 mile or road course/tracks. The GT500 loses
    And how many people who buy these cars actually race them on a track??

You'd be much more likely to see a highway match up then to see these cars facing off on a road course. And the GT500 is the more powerful car, for half the price.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

And how many people who buy these cars actually race them on a track??

You'd be much more likely to see a highway match up then to see these cars facing off on a road course. And the GT500 is the more powerful car, for half the price.
    Why do you think it would pull it? The GTR traps 4mph higher than the gt500.

I think road courses are more popular than you think. I know guys with all kinds of cars that take them there and there a gtr would rape a gt500 for sure. There are low level events for guys off the street that alot of everyday people race at as a hobby.

If power is all that concerns you then you dont know what makes a car a performer. The suspension system on the GTR would baffle the people who designed the gt500 suspension. The brakes is a no contest as the gtr would rape the gt500. 4 piston vs 6 piston. The GTR has alot more to offer than the gt500, thats why its more. And its still faster in the 1/4mile
    Last edited by Zinergy; 07-02-2009 at 12:46 PM.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Why do you think it would pull it? The GTR traps 4mph higher than the gt500.

I think road courses are more popular than you think. I know guys with all kinds of cars that take them there and there a gtr would rape a gt500 for sure. There are low level events for guys off the street that alot of everyday people race at as a hobby.
    GTR's have trapped anywhere from 112MPH to 116MPH to 120MPH. It all depends on which tune Nissan loaded for the magazine that they were sending the car to. They are all ringers, thats been proven. Even Porsche called out Nissan on their 'Ring times, and Nissan couldn't back it up. They are all about cheating, because they can't build a sports real car. GT500 puts down almost 500WHP stock. GTR isn't even close to that with its overburdened, thrashy V6.

The GTR is nothing more than a robot that basically drives itself. With all the electronic nannies, all you have to do it point the wheel and the car will make it around the turn. What happened to the art of driving?? Apparently Nissan thinks people would rather have the car drive them then let them drive the car.

'99 -- Z/28 -- Pewter

The GTR is nothing more than a robot that basically drives itself. With all the electronic nannies, all you have to do it point the wheel and the car will make it around the turn. What happened to the art of driving?? Apparently Nissan thinks people would rather have the car drive them then let them drive the car.
    I do have to say this part is entirely true. Anyone find the gearing ratio's for the GTR vs GT500?

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

GTR's have trapped anywhere from 112MPH to 116MPH to 120MPH. It all depends on which tune Nissan loaded for the magazine that they were sending the car to. They are all ringers, thats been proven. Even Porsche called out Nissan on their 'Ring times, and Nissan couldn't back it up. They are all about cheating, because they can't build a sports real car. GT500 puts down almost 500WHP stock. GTR isn't even close to that with its overburdened, thrashy V6.

The GTR has many modes, 2 of the modes have almost no assistence turned on. And im not talking about magazines, im talking real world owners have hit 120mph and ran high 11s. Who cares what they put down, the gt500 doesnt trap as high as the GTR, dyno nubmers mean nothing when put next to real times. Stock vs stock a GTR will beat a GT500 at everything performance related.

Also im not sure how you think the engine is overburdened with 11psi on average size turbos.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 07-02-2009 at 01:05 PM.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

The GTR has many modes, 2 of the modes have almost no assistence turned on. And im not talking about magazines, im talking real world owners have hit 120mph and ran high 11s. Who cares what they put down, the gt500 doesnt trap as high as the GTR, dyno nubmers mean nothing when put next to real times. Stock vs stock a GTR will beat a GT500 at everything performance related.

Also im not sure how you think the engine is overburdened with 11psi on average size turbos.
    And nobody ever uses the "no assist" modes, because then they would actually have to drive that pig of a car, which would probably be something like hot lapping a Ford E-series.

Depending on which ringer you're referring to, the GT500 can trap faster than the GTR. See, the GT500 puts down consistant numbers, Ford didn't need to lie about the power or capability to get customers to buy them.

I guess we won't know the truth until someone puts up a Youtube video of a stock 2010 GT500 walking a GTR.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Closest i can find is that vid, with pulley, exhuast and intake with stock blower meaning not ported the highest RWHP ive seen is about 480 on a mustang cobra. The average would be about 450RWHP. The new GT500 with 540HP would have atleast 450 to the wheels easy, i would say weight would matter but since both are pigs, its anyones guess.

This vid i just found which proved me wrong and im editing this post but it pulled 511rwhp which is very impressive.
    Last edited by karpetcm; 07-02-2009 at 02:41 PM.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post

Closest i can find is that vid, with pulley, exhuast and intake with stock blower meaning not ported the highest RWHP ive seen is about 480 on a mustang cobra. The average would be about 450RWHP. The new GT500 with 540HP would have atleast 450 to the wheels easy, i would say weight would matter but since both are pigs, its anyones guess.
    Cobra with basic bolt ons laying a whoopin...and the Terminators aren't that light either, at around 3700-3800lbs. Most Cobra with those bolt ons dyno 440-460WHP at the most. I love how the Nissan get the jump with its retardedly short gears, and then the Cobra just reels it in. Silly ricers.

This vid i just found which proved me wrong and im editing this post but it pulled 511rwhp which is very impressive.
    You found the 2010 model...nice improvement over the '09 and earlier, and no heat soak issues
    Last edited by Wesman; 07-02-2009 at 04:25 PM.

Red
    2001 Trash Can

IBFTL! And I personally like this video, especially the end...

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 01ws6er View Post
    IBFTL! And I personally like this video, especially the end...

The ZR1 makes mince meat of the GTR. Nissan's supposedly "unbeatable" car gets beat down.

Thread Information