Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Gray
    2000 Camaro GT Street V6

Vroooommmmm.

green
    1994 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by M-ManLA View Post
    Vroooommmmm.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA i wish.. i picked up the motor last night and this computer and wiring harness will be a pain in the .

its a 1995 4.3L vortec out of a trailblazer. the engine swap will be cake. but figuring out the wiring harness and computer will be hard. and i cant seem to find any wiring harness diagrams or anything so if anyone could help out i would appreciate it. im gonna go pull the old computer and stuff tonight and see exactly wat shit i got myself into this time lol

goodnight to all (or at least i hope its a good night) lol for me it looks like a Long night with just me and my baby.. well the car that is

Gray
    2000 Camaro GT Street V6

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalinejunkie View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA i wish.. i picked up the motor last night and this computer and wiring harness will be a pain in the .

its a 1995 4.3L vortec out of a trailblazer. the engine swap will be cake. but figuring out the wiring harness and computer will be hard. and i cant seem to find any wiring harness diagrams or anything so if anyone could help out i would appreciate it. im gonna go pull the old computer and stuff tonight and see exactly wat shit i got myself into this time lol

goodnight to all (or at least i hope its a good night) lol for me it looks like a Long night with just me and my baby.. well the car that is
    HAHAHA Let me know the progress. An update for me I will finally get paid on Friday, and I am taking my car to the Rydell/Chevy mechanics to see what is going on under the hood. I miss driving my baby, and I am sick to my stomach about everyone telling me to get an import. No I'm not trading in my car for a Japan car. I love all makes of cars, don't get me wrong, but I've been wanting a Camaro since I was little. That is what I love and I don't regret buying it one bit. Besides, I have more power upfront in the Camaro V6 than most V6 Imports stock.

green
    1994 camaro

HAHAHA Let me know the progress. An update for me I will finally get paid on Friday, and I am taking my car to the Rydell/Chevy mechanics to see what is going on under the hood. I miss driving my baby, and I am sick to my stomach about everyone telling me to get an import. No I'm not trading in my car for a Japan car. I love all makes of cars, don't get me wrong, but I've been wanting a Camaro since I was little. That is what I love and I don't regret buying it one bit. Besides, I have more power upfront in the Camaro V6 than most V6 Imports stock.
    nice!! im ready to find out wats going on under there. i know wat you mean. camaro is my dream car too and i love mine.. even if it is a pain while its broke. i hope its nothing to serious. and your right you do. i just have more torque than them. but if everything goes right with this swap i will be pushing just as much power as you. even thoughm mines a 94. lol

ok so im elbow deep trying to pull this motor. i found out the hole was really in the tip top of my oil pan. now i wana know what the hell punched a hole out the side of my oil pan lol

im actually trying to get the damn flywheel bolts off right now and they are tight like jessica alba man. i cant figure out how to get them off. it doesn;t help im a big guy under a low low low car even when its jacked up i don't have much room to get leverage. any tips on how to pop those suckers lose?

Gray
    2000 Camaro GT Street V6

nice!! im ready to find out wats going on under there. i know wat you mean. camaro is my dream car too and i love mine.. even if it is a pain while its broke. i hope its nothing to serious. and your right you do. i just have more torque than them. but if everything goes right with this swap i will be pushing just as much power as you. even thoughm mines a 94. lol

ok so im elbow deep trying to pull this motor. i found out the hole was really in the tip top of my oil pan. now i wana know what the hell punched a hole out the side of my oil pan lol

im actually trying to get the damn flywheel bolts off right now and they are tight like jessica alba man. i cant figure out how to get them off. it doesn;t help im a big guy under a low low low car even when its jacked up i don't have much room to get leverage. any tips on how to pop those suckers lose?
    Yea I wanna know what is going on too. I hate having my car sitting there.

And yea I am a big guy too. At 6'5" 300lbs, I'm nothing small. and Jessica Alba, mmmmmmmmmm......

green
    1994 camaro

Yea I wanna know what is going on too. I hate having my car sitting there.

And yea I am a big guy too. At 6'5" 300lbs, I'm nothing small. and Jessica Alba, mmmmmmmmmm......
    lmfao! wow i guess i can no longer give myself the title of a big guy. im only 6" 180 pounds. and i still have trouble under there.

well good news is i got the flywheel bolts off finally after putting just about all i had into it. they were stuck bro. lol i also pulled my motor mount bolts took off hoses got computer off unhooked most of the harness and completely dissassembled the front clip. its been a busy week. but now i gotta wait for my ex boss to pay me so i can go buy a cherry picker to pull the freakin thing. then it should just be fuel lines and misc. wires and its out. then i can start work on wiring up and installing the 4.3l vortech. o yeah and i gotta pull my old manifolds out. its still a long way but im getting there slowly. man when i get this new motor runnning its gonna be bitchin

Gray
    2000 Camaro GT Street V6

lmfao! wow i guess i can no longer give myself the title of a big guy. im only 6" 180 pounds. and i still have trouble under there.

well good news is i got the flywheel bolts off finally after putting just about all i had into it. they were stuck bro. lol i also pulled my motor mount bolts took off hoses got computer off unhooked most of the harness and completely dissassembled the front clip. its been a busy week. but now i gotta wait for my ex boss to pay me so i can go buy a cherry picker to pull the freakin thing. then it should just be fuel lines and misc. wires and its out. then i can start work on wiring up and installing the 4.3l vortech. o yeah and i gotta pull my old manifolds out. its still a long way but im getting there slowly. man when i get this new motor runnning its gonna be bitchin
    LOL nice. Well my news is not so great. I just now got a call about 10min ago from Rydell Chevy where I took my car. There is metal shavings in the oil. Pretty much they said I will need a new engine. Estimated cost after labor and parts is about $5200.

green
    1994 camaro

LOL nice. Well my news is not so great. I just now got a call about 10min ago from Rydell Chevy where I took my car. There is metal shavings in the oil. Pretty much they said I will need a new engine. Estimated cost after labor and parts is about $5200.
    o shit.. that sux.. well for those of us who wait on paychecks and don't have 5 grand to drop just like that there are other options. i started with looking in scrap yards for someone who had a good camaro but didn't know how to drive and totaled it. that will save alot on engine cost. and if you have the time and know how you can do like me and put it in yourself. but if thats not an option you can take it somewhere that doesn't have the name chevy in the title. that in itself will save money. try finding a more locally owned shop. they tend to wheel and deal with you alot better. i bet if you do that you will save alot.

in fact i looked at brand new crate engines online shopping aroundand found some for 2 grand delivered to my door. and a local shop qouted me 1200 in labor to do the swap. so there ya go. 3200 is alot better than 5200 and its still done be pros. but i still don't have that coin. so i found a local guy who had an engine i could make fit. and here we are. i should get it done in under a grand. IMO i wouldn;t go the 5200 route.

Gray
    2000 Camaro GT Street V6

o shit.. that sux.. well for those of us who wait on paychecks and don't have 5 grand to drop just like that there are other options. i started with looking in scrap yards for someone who had a good camaro but didn't know how to drive and totaled it. that will save alot on engine cost. and if you have the time and know how you can do like me and put it in yourself. but if thats not an option you can take it somewhere that doesn't have the name chevy in the title. that in itself will save money. try finding a more locally owned shop. they tend to wheel and deal with you alot better. i bet if you do that you will save alot.

in fact i looked at brand new crate engines online shopping aroundand found some for 2 grand delivered to my door. and a local shop qouted me 1200 in labor to do the swap. so there ya go. 3200 is alot better than 5200 and its still done be pros. but i still don't have that coin. so i found a local guy who had an engine i could make fit. and here we are. i should get it done in under a grand. IMO i wouldn;t go the 5200 route.
    Yea I am already ahead of you man. We think alike lol. My uncle hit me up and said his old mechanic will do it for about $1800-2500 parts and labor (Price dependent on the motor). That is a hell of a lot better, and he has done repairs for my whole family in the past. I'll rather go that route. The good thing about all of this, I will have a brand new motor, and that should last a long time.

green
    1994 camaro

Yea I am already ahead of you man. We think alike lol. My uncle hit me up and said his old mechanic will do it for about $1800-2500 parts and labor (Price dependent on the motor). That is a hell of a lot better, and he has done repairs for my whole family in the past. I'll rather go that route. The good thing about all of this, I will have a brand new motor, and that should last a long time.
    lol great minds think alike! lol thats good to hear. and you have it done be someone who has proven hisself through your family. thats always comforting. how long did he say it will take?

mine is going good so far. motor mounts are pulled the only thing holding it in are the tranny casing to motor back bolts (don't know what they are called actually thas just what the hell they do lol) i got one but the firewall is in the way for the rest bcuz they are way up there and none of my tools can get them. sooooooo i gotta get a new wrench set. im hopeing they make a set that is curved in the actual shaft itself. that would be a dream. but gotta wait to get paid. boss man stopped by last night and picked up my last time sheet so i should get the moolah in a couple days. till then its a standstill project.

while its in the garage though im gonna get new power window motors and tint all the glass illegal dark

Gray
    2000 Camaro GT Street V6

lol great minds think alike! lol thats good to hear. and you have it done be someone who has proven hisself through your family. thats always comforting. how long did he say it will take?

mine is going good so far. motor mounts are pulled the only thing holding it in are the tranny casing to motor back bolts (don't know what they are called actually thas just what the hell they do lol) i got one but the firewall is in the way for the rest bcuz they are way up there and none of my tools can get them. sooooooo i gotta get a new wrench set. im hopeing they make a set that is curved in the actual shaft itself. that would be a dream. but gotta wait to get paid. boss man stopped by last night and picked up my last time sheet so i should get the moolah in a couple days. till then its a standstill project.

while its in the garage though im gonna get new power window motors and tint all the glass illegal dark
    LOL. Same here. Gotta wait for the check. I was going to get some tints with my BONUS check coming but that's not going to happen lol.

green
    1994 camaro

hey bro. updates on my swap. got all my accesory hoses lines and just about everything you can think of taken off or unhooked. all i got left is my tranny casing bolts. im going to look for a special wrench that is bent in the shaft to make this bitch easier. because a can barely fit my hands up there lol but after that i guess im gonna have to rent a chery picker to swap the motors because i left mine in my hometown and can't find anyone to borrow from up here. hindsight is 20/20 i guess. running into a couple of conversion probs read on..

one prob is the 3.4L has internal oil cooling as best i can tell because it doesn't go into the radiator. just the tranny fluid does. but the 4.3LV has a remote oil resevoir. so im gonnna order a perma-cool oil cooler and mount that at the front of my radiator. so that prob is essentially solved. (gotta love performance hehe) im still crossing fingers that my motor mounts somewhat match up and that the 4.3Lv is not to tall to fit.

the other prob is fuel lines. obviously the 3.4L SFI lines wont match up to the injection system on the 4.3Lv. so im gonna cut those back at the hard rubber and seal the rubber over a version of the hard lines meant for the 4.3L system. they should seal up fine and no probs. theoretically. lol the only thing is there is a mysterious third fuel line that didn;t go to the fuel rail... it got unhooked somehow i don't remember and now i don't know if that is like an air inlet line or if its really gonna shoot gas... if it does i'll just seal it. but im uncertain. guess i'lll find out in a few weeks lol

green
    1994 camaro

any update on yours?

Gray
    2000 Camaro GT Street V6

any update on yours?
    I did get it back home, and started it enough to get it in the garage. I have pics I will post tomorrow nite.

green
    1994 camaro

I did get it back home, and started it enough to get it in the garage. I have pics I will post tomorrow nite.
    thas good. i can't get my 3 tranny casing bolts i have left. not enough room to get leverage and pop them lose. so im dropping driveshaft and gonna slide motor and tranny forward enough to pop them lose then slide it back and pull the motor. its been tough finding time to work on it.

Gray
    2000 Camaro GT Street V6

Here is the pictures. And Yes I almost leak a tear too lol. My poor baby...

I called the bank and I will see about a loan in the morning.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wink

thas good. i can't get my 3 tranny casing bolts i have left. not enough room to get leverage and pop them lose. so im dropping driveshaft and gonna slide motor and tranny forward enough to pop them lose then slide it back and pull the motor. its been tough finding time to work on it.
    Hey bud, Put them bolts you could reach back in the trany. Raise the rear of the car up and support it as high as is safe for you to get under there. Drop the drive shaft, then place a jack under the trans to support it. After the trans is supported real good, remove the cross member and torque arm. After that go up front and remove all but @ least one (on each side) on the engine side that secure the motor to the mounts, then loosen the last one a couple of turns, (DO NOT OVER LOOSEN) just get them so they are not still super tight. Cap the rear of the trans @ the tail with a 20oz pop bottle (cut in half). Duck tape it on real good by wraping it around a number of times a couple of shopping bags will work too. With all that done get up top and make sure there is nothing between the motor and the fire wall. Now get back under the car, begin to (SLOWLY) lower the jack and trans will begin to come down and tilt the motor and all. Then STOP after only a couple of inches of lowering. Look up to the bolts that you could'nt reach, they should be visible now, if they are not, see if there is @ least enough room to get the tools you have in there and remove them. Once they are removed jack the trans back up and put the cross member back on and replace some of the motor mount bolts to keep it from falling when you remove the rest of the bell housing bolts. After everthing is secure and safe, get under and remove all the torque converter bolts, BEFORE you remove the last of the bell houseing bolts. Then move the jack closer to the bell houseing and prop the trany (PROP NOT RAISE). Now get that cherry picker hooked to the motor and support it with good tension on the chains but not raising the motor. Now, back under and remove those last bolts holding the trans to the motor leaving the jack in place. Once that is done, remove the remaining motor mount bolts and you're golden for engine removal. May wanna remove the hood before you get started. Hope this helps bud. Be safe and take it slow..good luck. The only thing though is I'm not so sure a 90* v6 will bolt up the your trans, since you have a 60* motor. You may need a 4l60e trans but I have no clue about the 4.3v6. Definetly sounds like a cool swap, never heard of the 4.3 used in a Camaro before.
    Last edited by Smittro; 07-23-2009 at 02:38 PM.
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Here is the pictures. And Yes I almost leak a tear too lol. My poor baby...

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._4141145_n.jpg[/thumb]

I called the bank and I will see about a loan in the morning.
    Click for full size
    yeah the site of your toyz being flat bedded sucks. Saw this myself a couple of weeks ago when me fuel pump died in my 01. Good luck with her man.

Gray
    2000 Camaro GT Street V6

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    yeah the site of your toyz being flat bedded sucks. Saw this myself a couple of weeks ago when me fuel pump died in my 01. Good luck with her man.
    Really though. I can't wait to get it back up so people can stop telling me to sell it.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Really though. I can't wait to get it back up so people can stop telling me to sell it.
    Heard that man! Hell my 6er runs f'in great, and I still get that BS that I should sell it and buy an LS1. Anyway it gets sliced they are still Camaros.

Thread Information