Black
    1999 Trans Am M6

Killed by BMW 335i

So I raced my friend on the highway last night. He has the 2 door coupe rear wheel drive 335i with a $2000 tuning upgrade package straight from BMW. He told me it adds 50% boost and puts him at 380 hp and 420 ft-lbs. well anyways, we did two different roll races... one from 25 and one from 50. I kept up until about 100 in each race but he pulled about three cars on me. My speedo is of due to 4.10 gears but it said I went up to about 150 mph and he must have gone to about 170. those damn rich kids, I wish daddy spent $50,000 on my first car. looks like i'll have to get a cam and have a rematch.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Nice, nobody expects those cars to be fast. They just think its a low level BMW but the inline 6 twin turbo is a beast with a little modding.

Those cars can get into the 12s with nothing but an ECU reflash.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Well if you dont have a tune yet with all the mods you have that will wake your car up even more and get your car closer to that 335.

Black
    1999 Trans Am M6

just got tuned today... time for a rematch. i wanna do a dig race cuz my 4.10's dont let me go past 155 and his beamer goes to about 175.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

It would be interesting, if your a m6 your gonna need a good launch as those cars leave very well if its the auto.

Black
    1999 Trans Am M6

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    It would be interesting, if your a m6 your gonna need a good launch as those cars leave very well if its the auto.
    I know...my t/a is an m6, so i'm gonna have to practice my launches a bit for next time. his beamer is an auto with the pussy paddles

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

i have to agree, they take off really clean. Hell, my m3 i had with a 6speed would take off clean at 3500 rpms dumping the clutch. So a 335 with more torque and it taking off clean is a bit of a challenge. Try to race him from a dig but also a roll and see how much better your car can do now after the tune its cool to know the before and after racing the same car.

black
    1993 mustang

get some drag radials and practice your launch. maybe if u get him out of the hole and u have enough of a lead and he's not gaining, u won't have to take it to 155mph!

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

I forgot to mention but the 380hp that they say is actually to the wheels in most cases with a good chip upgrade, exhuast and intake in some cases just with a tune they are easily at 360rwhp. From the factory tune which i havent heard of to be honest it could be 380hp to the fly but they can easily pull that at the wheels with 3 upgrades.

Black
    99 Formula

Yeah those things with minor mods and tune can take out M3's.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

I actually had a M3 Vert 01 manual and raced a vert 335, he took off the hoses from his waistgate i guess to boost a bit higher and not lose too much boost between shifts, anyway atleast thats what he told me. Either way it didnt help him at all and he got walked. Ive seen vids of them stock to stock keeping up with e46 M3's in some cases but im a bit suprised on that because on my old M3 it was critical at what rpms you race from and what gear your in if not its a totally different outcome more so with the M then some other cars ive driven. A modded up 335 and now the 135 are hella fast and will easily keep up and beat the new E92 M3, but the sound of the new M3's are insane especially with a good exhuast. Either way dont worry OP, they are paying in some cases 500+ a month for those cars and looks can be decieving, barely making payments. Atleast were i live the first job a 16 year old gets they cant wait to by a M3 or 335 and then have the bank take it away after a few months, to those that can afford it easily more power to them.

red
    2002 Trans Am

those tuned 335's move out pretty good

Black
    1999 Trans Am M6

Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post
    I actually had a M3 Vert 01 manual and raced a vert 335, he took off the hoses from his waistgate i guess to boost a bit higher and not lose too much boost between shifts, anyway atleast thats what he told me. Either way it didnt help him at all and he got walked. Ive seen vids of them stock to stock keeping up with e46 M3's in some cases but im a bit suprised on that because on my old M3 it was critical at what rpms you race from and what gear your in if not its a totally different outcome more so with the M then some other cars ive driven. A modded up 335 and now the 135 are hella fast and will easily keep up and beat the new E92 M3, but the sound of the new M3's are insane especially with a good exhuast. Either way dont worry OP, they are paying in some cases 500+ a month for those cars and looks can be decieving, barely making payments. Atleast were i live the first job a 16 year old gets they cant wait to by a M3 or 335 and then have the bank take it away after a few months, to those that can afford it easily more power to them.

I'm sure it is expensive, but they rich as F*ck... his bro drives a 911 turbo and his dad has a 7 series beamer and a cls 500 (that i roasted! ) I'm pretty much 100% sure that hes car is bone stock except for the tune. i'll race him again after i break in my ls7 clutch...

Thread Information