Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

I feel bad for my buddies 06 STI

Well finally my mom let me take out the Z and i have two of my friends with me and we cruisin just lookin for stuff. I see my friend cruisin in his STI which just got it back from gettin a Blouche 20g turbo new fly wheel and re tuned with supporting mods, 331AWHP 373AWT. Well i see him like twice and he kept gettin beside me and kept letting me hear his BOV. Im all stock besides SLP lid, smooth air bellow, and TB bypass (m6) btw. So its about midnight and i was about to head home untill i heard my friend say he saw the STI heading towards the highway so i hurry up and get behind him and follow him we get up to 75 and i put it in third and hit it just to mess with him, and then he hit it and pulled on me just a hair. He tells me to slow down to 55 so i did and put it in second i honk and the third time he go and are neck and neck then he misses a gear. Then he says 45 which isnt a great choice for me but i put it in second and i dumped the clutch and feel horrible for doin it but i did and pulled all the way till 100 just about half a car. It was damn close. He gets beside me and screams 35 then i got excited cuz thats a great hit in 1st. So i get her in 1st and my first honk i start hearing his turbo spool, sure enough he starts brake boosting me and we both hit it and stayed even i hit second and broke them loose into a slight skid and hit 3rd and pulled till 100 where his nose was at my rear tire. He was very pissed cuz this kid is the biggest anti v8 person i know, despises rear wheel drive. Then i get a call from him and he starts comparing weight how he had his amp and subs in the back and i laughed and he started sayin he wasnt taking it all the way to red line, there isnt a way he held boost that good between shifts unless he was in RPM's the whole time. It was a hell of a race and happy my basically stock car kicked some ass.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

he should be pissed cuz he cant drive

with his numbers he should end up pulling at least 2 cars on you by 100, i raced a similarly numbered STI and EVO and they walked me by like 2 cars or so, granted it was a slow pull

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss View Post
    he should be pissed cuz he cant drive

with his numbers he should end up pulling at least 2 cars on you by 100, i raced a similarly numbered STI and EVO and they walked me by like 2 cars or so, granted it was a slow pull
    not really. his car should be pulling close to the same hp #'s too, and without the disadvantage of AWD could = to a slow pull.

1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

those cars are lighter tho, trust me, he shoulda pulled you

silver
    2002 ws6

those cars are lighter tho, trust me, he shoulda pulled you
    they're barely lighter if anything. he didn't pull, so i guess it shouldn't have pulled.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

The STI and EVO's, agreed with above are hardly lighter and especially the new EVO is heavier. Lot of people think because its a jap car its lighter and because its an american car its heavier and our cars are not that heavy. If you compare it to the new Camaro thats came out even to the V6, we are definitly lighter. A E46 M3 2001-2006 weighs about 3415 and the vert weighs 3781 lbs and hardly anyone says anything about the weight of those cars. I wanted to race my old friend GST Turbo Eclipse which is lighter then the STI at about 3150 LBS and he came up with 2 different excuses as to why he couldnt, basically a bunch of BS atleast you lucked out and got a chance to race your buddy.
    Last edited by karpetcm; 06-12-2009 at 06:22 PM.

1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    they're barely lighter if anything. he didn't pull, so i guess it shouldn't have pulled.
    driver mod

plus i doubt the SS is puttin 330 to the wheels, and the STI is lighter

silver
    2002 ws6

driver mod

plus i doubt the SS is puttin 330 to the wheels, and the STI is lighter
    perhaps you are the one who needs a driver mod?

Did all of you not catch that he had two friends in the car?

So you're saying your bolt ons Camaro, 3 deep, pulled a 330whp STI?

Hrmmm.... I'm going to have to go with B.S. on this one, if it really did make 330whp.

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post

Hrmmm.... I'm going to have to go with B.S. on this one, if it really did make 330whp.
    Call B.S all you want i wouldnt make up something like that and post it on here. 1st. yall know he should have beat me he just cant drive all that well.
    2nd. Why the hell would i waste my damn time writing some B.S story. I was actually considering not even puttin this story on here cuz i had a feelin someone would call B.S. Im doin a re match and gonna try to video it, with just the drivers in the car and a camera guy at the end.

3-Time F-Body Offender doozjamann's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 SS Camaro

I wouldn't waist my time with a rematch you beat him 3 times. 0/3 = not worthy of a rematch. Nice kill BTW.

If it's your lie, ride it out.

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

lol thanks, i just want to re match, im sure he will edge me out this time just how it goes, i lucked out simple as that, he couldnt drive.

NBM
    99 TA

Im telling your mom you were racing in her car!!!!

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post

easy bud, i know 100% this story is true, my brother failed to mention the STi had 4 peeps in it and the guy in question, also my bud, called me about 10 minutes afterward to tell me the story. told me he was edged out. the reason he called me is cuz this is the same fella that i whooped a couple of months ago. its posted on here, he gets real nervous when racing. i even beat him from a dig with my stock 245 tires. i know the z28 won, i also know the STi SHOULD have won

Quote Originally Posted by KyleLs1 View Post
    Im telling your mom you were racing in her car!!!!
    its his car, he is just 16 and drives a dodge pickup and my mom lets him drive the z sometimes just cuz she is mom

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

BTW good race clint now we have both beat dalton

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by blue02Z View Post
    easy bud, i know 100% this story is true, my brother failed to mention the STi had 4 peeps in it and the guy in question, also my bud, called me about 10 minutes afterward to tell me the story. told me he was edged out. the reason he called me is cuz this is the same fella that i whooped a couple of months ago. its posted on here, he gets real nervous when racing. i even beat him from a dig with my stock 245 tires. i know the z28 won, i also know the STi SHOULD have won

its his car, he is just 16 and drives a dodge pickup and my mom lets him drive the z sometimes just cuz she is mom
    gets real nervous when racing??? what???? thats the excuse??? what just happened here??

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by blue02Z View Post
    BTW good race clint now we have both beat dalton
    lol thanks aj, true. Then me and you will run after this summer

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by TransAm11973 View Post
    gets real nervous when racing??? what???? thats the excuse??? what just happened here??
    it aint an excuse, he has never used it, u can just tell he does. Blue02Z took him from a dig cuz he was parked goin down a hill and had to use his e brake to keep from rollin so he could be at 4500 rpm, but he let the clutch out a lil too soon and kinda bogged down but caught up just a nose while the camaro was spinning. Once the camaro hooked he put about 3 cars on him.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by TransAm11973 View Post
    what are you talking about? the STi kid has street raced maybe a total of 5 times. he gets nervous/the jitters... hell like i said, when i ran him from a dead stop i out launched the kid and he is AWD.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

A sti comes in just over 3300lbs, about 200-300lbs less than your camaro. And whoever made the AWD is slower at high speeds comment is silly. 330whp is 330whp. Its already been calculated to whp. The only thing AWD hurts is getting power to the wheels but we already know what this car is making.

Camaro SS- 300whp 310wtrq on a mustang dyno like his 20g sti was on. 3500-3600lbs
    STI- 330 whp 370wtrq- 3300lbs

The odds are in the way of the STI, but if you won good race.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information