Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: blue wrx

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    dont bring mods into it. you can do that with any car. stock it's still an ugly POS
    That's your opinion, but the numbers and times speak for themselves.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    ... and you're in every single thread trying to prove otherwise. Are you no different?
    He keeps it real when the ricers come in and exaggerate how fast their shitty 4 cylinders are. So yes, he's different, as am I. Theres a difference between talking up a car and real performance.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    The pre 05 trannys are the problematic ones. I agree with that. But the 5 speed in the 05+ wrx and legacy gt has taken 400whp on many many setups.
    Thats all heresay. WRX trannies are garbage, I have no reason to believe the 05+ are any better.

I guess its gutless before 2500rpms when the turbo spools but when racing when are you ever below 2500rpms? Im not saying they are race cars by any means, they are just fun cars that you can use as a DD in any weather.
    Please re-read that statement you made, you contradict yourself. A DD that is gutless below 3,000RPM is worthless, thats where you spend the majority of your time, below 3K RPM.

PS its hard to take what you say seriously about any car that isnt a lsx car because you give no repect to any 4 cylinder car. Not to mention you just whine about how more boost hurts the engine when last time we spoke you didnt even know how boost/turbo size was relevant. As i remember after superluminal chimed in and told you how you were wrong you wrote nothing in that thread afterwards.
    Maybe you should bother to read some of my posts. I give props to real engines, not shitty Subaru non-forged 4 bangers that blow up and leak oil like its their job. I give props to the LNF, which is impressive for a 4 banger. It produces 260ft/lbs at 2,000RPM, which makes the car very driveable. No jap 4 banger can touch that.

You repair engines but you seem to have very little understanding about how a turbo setup actually works and can be made powerful and reliable.
    I fully understand how turbo setups work, please save your BS for someone who might believe that you know what you are talking about.

Stockitie Stock Stock 95camaroZNC's Avatar

Red
    1999 Trans Am

Grats to the OP on the kill.

As far as the RICERS being tools, your much less likely to go to a Import forum and get props for owning a ls1 car that makes power then you are to come here and have a car that is built correctly and makes power. If your arguement is that its a solid car because it can run a 13.5 the high ends on STOCK ls1 cars was a 13.5, which is what, 7 years ago now since the last one was made, and the lowest time run was a 12.9 stock inless im making a mistake. So how is it impressive a brand new car that costs 3X as much as a slightly used ls1 car makes less hp and runs slower times........ thats technological innovation right there.

Quote Originally Posted by 95camaroZNC View Post
    Grats to the OP on the kill.

As far as the RICERS being tools, your much less likely to go to a Import forum and get props for owning a ls1 car that makes power then you are to come here and have a car that is built correctly and makes power. If your arguement is that its a solid car because it can run a 13.5 the high ends on STOCK ls1 cars was a 13.5, which is what, 7 years ago now since the last one was made, and the lowest time run was a 12.9 stock inless im making a mistake. So how is it impressive a brand new car that costs 3X as much as a slightly used ls1 car makes less hp and runs slower times........ thats technological innovation right there.

Really? Maybe some shitty ricer forum, but most import forums give respect where respect is due. Regardless, you'll always have some turd on both sides of the fence who won't give any respect regardless of a vehicle's achievements. Hrmmm.... sounds like someone if particular...

silver
    2002 ws6

... and you're in every single thread trying to prove otherwise. Are you no different?
    yes. i'm not over on the ricer forums trying to talk up my v8's.

yes. i'm not over on the ricer forums trying to talk up my v8's.
    I'm talking this forum. I wouldn't be here if I didn't have an LS1.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS SLP M6

"blue wrx"
    Aren't they all blue?

Good kill to the OP.
    2002 SS M6 Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by Redegal View Post
    "blue wrx"
    Aren't they all blue?

Good kill to the OP.

Nah, you can get vomit yellow if you want.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS SLP M6

Click for full size

Nah, you can get vomit yellow if you want.
    Nice car. Not a bad color.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 SS Camaro

dont bring mods into it. you can do that with any car. stock it's still an ugly POS
    that's F'ed up I like our 02 WRX and I know it's not LS1 fast. But some of the WRX at Capital 1/4mile are running slow. I need to take ours up there and launch it and see what it does. Stock had a 8.75 1/8mile

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Thunder 42 View Post
    that's F'ed up I like our 02 WRX and I know it's not LS1 fast. But some of the WRX at Capital 1/4mile are running slow. I need to take ours up there and launch it and see what it does. Stock had a 8.75 1/8mile
    Tell you the truth. I had a buddy that had a '02 wagon WRX, rack and all. That thing was such a fun car. It's just to bad those year models had glass transmissions.

If I had to get a Subaru, I'd get one of these:

Forest 2.5XT

They basically took the WRX chassis, dropped a Forester body on it, and gave it a detuned STI motor with a smaller turbo. It weighs the same as a WRX, and can get down the track in high 13s stock. Add the STI intercooler, turbo, and computer with bolt ons and this would be a fun SUV to rock.

silver
    2002 ws6

I'm talking this forum. I wouldn't be here if I didn't have an LS1.
    oh i'm sorry. i didn't know i was supposed to be a fan of an ls1 on an ls1 site.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

oh i'm sorry. i didn't know i was supposed to be a fan of an ls1 on an ls1 site.
    Sticking up for anything with 8 cylinders (or any nice car) in this section of the forum is a sure fire way to earn you domestic fanboy status. Amazing.

Stockitie Stock Stock 95camaroZNC's Avatar

Red
    1999 Trans Am

Really? Maybe some shitty ricer forum, but most import forums give respect where respect is due. Regardless, you'll always have some turd on both sides of the fence who won't give any respect regardless of a vehicle's achievements. Hrmmm.... sounds like someone if particular...
    Wesman is fine I have no problems with what comes out of his mouth and his ignorance is his problem and is entitle to his ideas. However, you dont need to come in here and trash on people for saying it was a nice kill or that ls1's are nice. I wont hate on imports but most of the ones ive raced, minus one, has done dumb shit after a race. Ricer fly bys, hazard lights, flexing out the window, trying to drag race in a curve. WRX/STI guys are the worst sometimes and think just because they have a AWD car they can do anything. Ive had one do a ricer fly by when i wasnt even racing and put it in a ditch. Point being ive seen alot more dumb ricers then dumb domestic guys. Most of the ones that buy the cars arent buying them either, its mommy and daddy buying their high school age kid a "fast car".

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Sticking up for anything with 8 cylinders (or any nice car) in this section of the forum is a sure fire way to earn you domestic fanboy status. Amazing.
    oh well. it's an acceptable title to live with.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 SS Camaro

[IMG][/IMG]

I think they are all blue? I like them just fine, bad ass all weather vehicle. I can't get anywhere in the snow in my SS but with the WRX it's like a 4X4 truck. In the rain it's almost scary how good it pulls and takes corners. Ours has 127k on it and no trans problems. I know when people mod them and drive the shit out of them the trans are a weak link in them, but the STI's 6spd is very good/strong from what I hear.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS SLP M6

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Thunder 42 View Post
    Click for full size[/thumb]

I think they are all blue? I like them just fine, bad ass all weather vehicle. I can't get anywhere in the snow in my SS but with the WRX it's like a 4X4 truck. In the rain it's almost scary how good it pulls and takes corners. Ours has 127k on it and no trans problems. I know when people mod them and drive the shit out of them the trans are a weak link in them, but the STI's 6spd is very good/strong from what I hear.
    Yeah, blue seems to be the trademark color. I'm sure it's a good all year round car as well. I actually thought about getting one but I needed something that would get good gad mileage for my everyday driving so I'm gonna stick with my 4cyl Grand Am for now.

Also, there's gonna be weak links once you start modifying anything. What about the rear ends in our Fbodys?

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 SS Camaro

Also, there's gonna be weak links once you start modifying anything. What about the rear ends in our Fbodys?

Exactly "Redegal", broke mine after the 4.10's went in, I get 27mpg in the WRX on road trips.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

oh well. it's an acceptable title to live with.
    Ageed

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information