Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Silver
    1998 hardtop SS

5.0 cobra mustang kill

Lined up with a kid in a 94 cobra tonight. I was leaving the local ice cream place with my girl and just so happened to be following a black cobra that i have seen around before. So we get out on the the main single lane road where he proceeds to punch it a few times and let off... I was just cruising behind him in 5th. Well long story short the the road turns into two lanes he waits till Im next to him and gets on it again. I was just cruising with my girl making fun of him. Finally i decide to catch up and give him a run... First pull was at about 50MPH and was pretty funny... the passenger of his car just told me to "go ahead" like they where going to catch up or something lol. (i figured great its probably supercharged or something and he was planning on running me down) Went 2nd-3rd-4th and put atleast a good bus length on him. Then we slowed down and his passenger asks if i wanted to run again... this time from 1st. So again we line up i got the jump and spun hard into 2nd. He either missed a gear or let out, im not too sure. either way it was pretty funny... I slowed down again and his passenger just waves at me and says "oops" lol. I'm not too sure what this car has done to it, but its clean as hell. Ive seen the car before at local car shows and is really nice. The driver was a bit cocky trying to call me out but oh well. Killed him dead.
    Last edited by km346; 06-03-2009 at 06:39 PM.
    -98 Camaro SS hardtop stripper M6
    Corsa Catback, Ls6 intake, SLP lid, Ls6 pcv conversion, mike norris catch can, UMI suspension & SFC's, TunedByFrost tune.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Good kill km346, he was probably modded up real good and still got owned. I dont know why maybe there is more of them but everytime i run into a mustang owner i get the same thing cocky as hell and they almost always get owned unless they are highly modded. The coolest stang owner i ran into was a 03-04 termi vert bone stock. Took a little while to get the race going but he was a real good sport about it. I have to admit it was his first sports car and only had it for 2 months so he was fresh fish and not yet corrupted, lol. Well if you ever get beat by one pull out your 03 GSXR and call it a day, hehe.

Stockitie Stock Stock 95camaroZNC's Avatar

Red
    1999 Trans Am

I got compliments from stang owners before, but everyone thatd run the Z-28 would get raped. Even the newer ones. Its funny stuff.

Silver
    1998 hardtop SS

I was unsure at first because the car sounded pretty mean and had some big ol' 315's on it... Not to mention he was power shifting the piss outta it trying to keep up lol. the first run when we were slowing down i remember my girl saying to me... are you sure he was going? that made me laugh pretty hard.
    Last edited by km346; 06-04-2009 at 05:57 AM.

99 Z28 04 Corvette

LMAO.. "are you sure he was going?" Thats hilarious. Mustangs sound so mean.. but so slow..

pewter
    99 vette

Ok, I'm a huge mustang fan. I've had 6 of them. I have raced countless races against LS1's in mine. The older 5.0s need to be pretty modded to take on a stock LS1, and the 96-99 two valver 4.6s are straight turds, the 99-04 2 valve gts are ok with a gear and some pullies, exhaust, I used to run 13.50s on street tires in my 01, but my Mach straight owned LS1's stock for stock. When I put gears, shifter, and long tubes on it I was getting some impressive times out of it. With M/T et streets I would cut 1.60 60' with it. I got a vette now I got tired of the stangs. It's going to be strange beating the cars I loved for so many years now. I still love stangs though and someone mentioned the exhaust note they make. They do sound amazingly sweet. I think dollar for dollar though they are the best bang for your buck. They make so much crap for them and the parts are cheap. You can dish out a good beating to them and they hold up well also. Just my 2 cents.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by MachWon View Post
    Ok, I'm a huge mustang fan. I've had 6 of them. I have raced countless races against LS1's in mine. The older 5.0s need to be pretty modded to take on a stock LS1, and the 96-99 two valver 4.6s are straight turds, the 99-04 2 valve gts are ok with a gear and some pullies, exhaust, I used to run 13.50s on street tires in my 01, but my Mach straight owned LS1's stock for stock. When I put gears, shifter, and long tubes on it I was getting some impressive times out of it. With M/T et streets I would cut 1.60 60' with it. I got a vette now I got tired of the stangs. It's going to be strange beating the cars I loved for so many years now. I still love stangs though and someone mentioned the exhaust note they make. They do sound amazingly sweet. I think dollar for dollar though they are the best bang for your buck. They make so much crap for them and the parts are cheap. You can dish out a good beating to them and they hold up well also. Just my 2 cents.
    Yah but we still get beter gas mileage

pewter
    99 vette

this is true, Iv'e been enjoying getting 27 mpg in the vette, my 5.0s and even my mach I was lucky to see anything over 20 in all of them. Only time I would see 20 or better would be on road trips.

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by MachWon View Post

me thinks you ran into some pretty bad drivers. mach 1's just arent the world beaters ford boys make them out to be.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Ive seen mach 1's with LT's, exhuast and intake pull about 290 rwhp im sure there are some that will be higher. Those are impressive but going up against a lightly modded LS1 is another thing. Many LS1 cars with very light mods pull 310+rwhp, with LT's and other bolt ons will be easily 340+rwhp with no issues. I raced a exhuast and intake Mach 1 in my 93 LT1 with all bolt ons but shorty headers instead of LT's and with a bad clutch was able to pull, not a fast pull but wasnt hard to beat either and that car pulled 274 rwhp at its best. I one time ran into a mustang GT owner i think it was a 01 model that with just an intake said he beat SS camaro's all the time, lol.

At that time for him and it was very disappointing to say the least i told him really i have a 01SS 6speed lets go at it and see how bad youll beat me and on top of it i had 2 people watching just in case. I admit he was a very good driver but as soon as i got into 2nd gear the race was lucking bad for him and at the end of 3rd gear i had several cars. Mach 1's are fast and if you cant by a termi and have to have a stang that is a good choice other then the regular Gt meaning if you want to buy the older models. Its all preference and what you like to drive, i do have to admit just like everyone else they do sound good. Getting back to the OP its still a good kill and keep them coming.
    Last edited by karpetcm; 06-05-2009 at 07:32 AM.
    1993 Z28 M6: K&N Intake, 52mm TB, TB Bypass, No Cats, Exhaust Cutout, Flowmaster Muffler, 3.90 Gears, 160 Thermo, Tune, BMR Springs, Bilstein Shocks, 3 Point SFC,s & MGW Shifter.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Stock for stock a mach 1 is a good race but the ls1 should pull if both a manuals. I give the mach 1s credit with bolt ons they are very fast but i never cam across one with the same mods as me i didnt pull on.

Black
    2001 Trans Am

5.7 beats 5.0 everyday

Torch Red
    2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    me thinks you ran into some pretty bad drivers. mach 1's just arent the world beaters ford boys make them out to be.
    I never had any problems keeping LSx behind me, and I still don't.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

nice kill

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by TRMach1 View Post
    I never had any problems keeping LSx behind me, and I still don't.
    i totally believe you. there are many fast mach1's on the internet.

pewter
    99 vette

[QUOTE=karpetcm;1952030]Ive seen mach 1's with LT's, exhuast and intake pull about 290 rwhp im sure there are some that will be higher. Those are impressive but going up against a lightly modded LS1 is another thing. Many LS1 cars with very light mods pull 310+rwhp, with LT's and other bolt ons will be easily 340+rwhp with no issues. I raced a exhuast and intake Mach 1 in my 93 LT1 with all bolt ons but shorty headers instead of LT's and with a bad clutch was able to pull, not a fast pull but wasnt hard to beat either and that car pulled 274 rwhp at its best. I one time ran into a mustang GT owner i think it was a 01 model that with just an intake said he beat SS camaro's all the time, lol.

mine put down 309hp and 349 tq on a mustang dyno with long tubes, o/r h-pipe, intake spacer, and tune.

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    i totally believe you. there are many fast mach1's on the internet.

Navy Blue Metallic
    `98 Formula M6 HdTp

Quote Originally Posted by Rankins1 View Post
    5.7 beats 5.0 everyday

You should of been around back in the late 80's when the 5.0 Fox Body was eating up IROC 350's
    Craig
    Semi Retired Street Racer
    2012 Lava Red Mustang GT Coupe Brembo/3.73's
    Build Date 3/17/11, Last Lava Red GT

Gone but not forgoten
    NBM `98 Formula M6 HdTp
    1 of 1 Build Date 3/12/98

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

basically a mild modded LS1 is faster then a full bolt on Mach1. Agreed with above in the 80's the 5.0's did really well.

Stockitie Stock Stock 95camaroZNC's Avatar

Red
    1999 Trans Am

I saw some dude in a stockish sounding and looking GT with some giant radials on the back of it and some tiny ones up front.

Thread Information