Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Procharger

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

SS what is your comp ratio, mine is to high to go over 7 and you must have the cam, headers etc to run 15 and is it the ls-1? Thanks, Jack Oh and by the way I lived in Houston for 33 years.
    Last edited by Texas Jack; 06-14-2009 at 04:44 PM.

'98,'00-B 93,03,11,14-V

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Jack View Post
    I want to put one on the ls-2, do you guys have them on your ls-1 [ same thing] and if so do you like it, from what I understand it's a very good system. Please share your thoughts. Thanks
    I'll tell you in about two weeks. Just found out today that they had to make a harmonic balancer for my 8 rib pulley set up so it doesn't go out until tomorrow. That means parts will hit the shop on Thursday or Friday. So, might as well take the car in on Monday and give the tech enough time to install it right and dyno it out perfectly. The LS2 kit for a GTO looks completely different. However, you can use the P-1SC-1 or D-1SC-1 Supercharger in any case. The P-1SC-1 is said to be smog legal... The way I'm going and can push out about 800HP. The D-1SC-1 is not 50 state smog legal but will push out even more HP if you motor is built correctly with a LOT of forged parts.

I'm going to stick with safe boost and ~ 500HP to rear wheels with 1 PSC 1 for now then if I get the money and time I'll forge the connecting rods, install better heads / cam package and see if I can bump it up to around 800HP later. You can also trade in /up to 1-DSC-1 Procharger later from what their brochures that they sent me says.

For now, I just want a streetable Firebird that is legal. For the strip: I have a '67 Camaro with weighs about 2800lbs with 800HP and a two speed. Trans lock, launch and hold on for one shift ... done.... Good enough for me.

Point is you have to be clear of what your intended purpose for a build is.

Mine is just to get the pesky 50 year olds with Corvette's off my rearend. ;-)

THIS THREAD WAS EDITED TO IMPROVE ACCURACY OF MY STATEMENT AFTER REVIEWING DOCUMENTATION FROM MFR.
    Last edited by Mecinoid; 06-16-2009 at 12:13 AM.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by Mecinoid View Post
    I'll tell you in about two weeks. Just found out today that they had to make a harmonic balancer for my 8 rib pulley set up so it doesn't go out until tomorrow. That means parts will hit the shop on Thursday or Friday. So, might as well take the car in on Monday and give the tech enough time to install it right and dyno it out perfectly. The LS2 kit for a GTO looks completely different. However, you can use the 1-PSC-1 or 1-DSC-1 Supercharger in any case. The PSC is said to be smog legal... The way I'm going and can push out about 750HP. The DSC is not 50 state smog legal but will push out even more HP if you motor is built correctly with a LOT of forged parts.

I'm going to stick with safe boost and ~ 500HP to rear wheels with 1 PSC 1 for now then if I get the money and time I'll forge the connecting rods, install better heads / cam package and see if I can bump it up to around 700HP later.

For now, I just want a streetable Firebird that is legal. For the strip: I have a '67 Camaro with weighs about 2800lbs with 800HP and a two speed. Trans lock, launch and hold on for one shift ... done.... Good enough for me.

Point is you have to be clear of what your intended purpose for a build is.

Mine is just to get the pesky 50 year olds with Corvette's off my rearend. ;-)
    Geez, who did you decide to have work on your car?

'98,'00-B 93,03,11,14-V

Synergy - Great references from Roger Kraus /ATI / Performance Engineering.

I saw a lot of his work. Awesome. We're going with tuner kit and our own blend of injectors, in tank fuel pump, 8 rib pulley system, custom HPTuner Program he set up. Only at 7psi to stay smog legal. Then from there we can tweak it a bit. He says my car should baseline at about 355HP or so.

So even if it's only 50% gain were looking at 530HP right where I want her. We'll see. He did show me dynos of same system with way he is setting it up to be 546HP. He does seem to think he can repeat it. But, I do not expect to see those numbers. Anything over 500HP and I'll be very happy. If it's over 475HP I'll still be happy.

I am getting Dyno runs on the Dynomax before and after. All part of the hefty price tag. Doh .... But, if your gonna do it. Do it right.... Later, I'll have to forge and boost some more. ;-) That's only after I get a big brake kit, roll bar, some more suspension work, lighter wheels and R888's.... The fever hit - What can I say? The problem is a track day is too far in my future. Doh !!!

I know someone's going to down play this.... But, I don't care .... I'm excited !!!! As in PONTIAC EXCITEMENT

The procharger documentation says 13-19mph increase the quarter@ 7psi. If that is true - I'm looking at 124-130mph. Wow !!!
    Last edited by Mecinoid; 06-15-2009 at 10:43 PM.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Synergy - Great references from Roger Kraus /ATI / Performance Engineering.

I saw a lot of his work. Awesome. We're going with tuner kit and our own blend of injectors, in tank fuel pump, 8 rib pulley system, custom HPTuner Program he set up. Only at 7psi to stay smog legal. Then from there we can tweak it a bit. He says my car should baseline at about 355HP or so.

So even if it's only 50% gain were looking at 530HP right where I want her. We'll see. He did show me dynos of same system with way he is setting it up to be 546HP. He does seem to think he can repeat it. But, I do not expect to see those numbers. Anything over 500HP and I'll be very happy. If it's over 475HP I'll still be happy.

I am getting Dyno runs on the Dynomax before and after. All part of the hefty price tag. Doh .... But, if your gonna do it. Do it right.... Later, I'll have to forge and boost some more. ;-) That's only after I get a big brake kit, roll bar, some more suspension work, lighter wheels and R888's.... The fever hit - What can I say? The problem is a track day is too far in my future. Doh !!!

I know someone's going to down play this.... But, I don't care .... I'm excited !!!! As in PONTIAC EXCITEMENT
    530rwhp is alot- well for most I know it isn't for you how much psi for 500whp

'98,'00-B 93,03,11,14-V

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    530rwhp is alot- well for most I know it isn't for you how much psi for 500whp
    Procharger Publishes over 500+ HP @ 7psi with the system I'm getting. ON PUMP GAS !!!! Noted in more than one place. Online / in the brochure they send out. Corvette Fever etc...They go on and on.... Twin air to air intercoolers are the reason they say. Much denser and cooler intake. The Billet Impeller is made out of 7075 T-6 aircraft alum. That stuff is almost as strong as steel. I wish it was made out of titanium though. There is only a 28 degree increase in intake temp vs. 125-200 degrees more with a roots style or air to water intercooler styles.
    That's the difference in running on a freezing cold day and a scorching hot day in terms of motors. Much better for the motor too.
    The P-1SC-1 also has a much lower duty cycle... blah, blah, blah...

No modification to the underside of the hood... I can go on and on...

I've always liked the design of the procharger and have seen how they perform on the track. Well, now going to find out for myself.
    More power than what I need really for the street. But, you can never have too much HP.

I was driving around this weekend doing torque pulls and realized my car is pretty darn fast the way it sits. It jumps like a banshee should. If you get that I'll be amazed. ;-)
    Last edited by Mecinoid; 06-16-2009 at 12:25 AM.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2002 Firehawk

I was running a stock motor with 8 psi.I needed more power and bumped it upto 12 psi.Broke it.Now I am running a LS2 with Forged internals with 12 psi.No problems with the same Procharger.I did upgrade to the 8 ribbed system.Everything working GREAT.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Procharger Publishes over 500+ HP @ 7psi with the system I'm getting. ON PUMP GAS !!!! Noted in more than one place. Online / in the brochure they send out. Corvette Fever etc...They go on and on.... Twin air to air intercoolers are the reason they say. Much denser and cooler intake. The Billet Impeller is made out of 7075 T-6 aircraft alum. That stuff is almost as strong as steel. I wish it was made out of titanium though. There is only a 28 degree increase in intake temp vs. 125-200 degrees more with a roots style or air to water intercooler styles.
    That's the difference in running on a freezing cold day and a scorching hot day in terms of motors. Much better for the motor too.
    The P-1SC-1 also has a much lower duty cycle... blah, blah, blah...

No modification to the underside of the hood... I can go on and on...

I've always liked the design of the procharger and have seen how they perform on the track. Well, now going to find out for myself.
    More power than what I need really for the street. But, you can never have too much HP.

I was driving around this weekend doing torque pulls and realized my car is pretty darn fast the way it sits. It jumps like a banshee should. If you get that I'll be amazed. ;-)
    500rwhp or 500 hp one of nicks mechanics said w/ the 7psi it should be over 400rwhp, just curious, you know the whole slp 40+hp claims.
    Quote Originally Posted by mghawk57 View Post
    I was running a stock motor with 8 psi.I needed more power and bumped it upto 12 psi.Broke it.Now I am running a LS2 with Forged internals with 12 psi.No problems with the same Procharger.I did upgrade to the 8 ribbed system.Everything working GREAT.
    good to know for a buddy who is upping the boost soon

'98,'00-B 93,03,11,14-V

500rwhp or 500 hp one of nicks mechanics said w/ the 7psi it should be over 400rwhp, just curious, you know the whole slp 40+hp claims.

good to know for a buddy who is upping the boost soon
    Yeah 355RWHP now supposedly. So 530RWHP is what the tech hopes to hit. If he can get 55% which is what he really wants to see it's 550RWHP or more. I have only a 11.5% loss in my drivetrain.

Well see.... I'm wishing it so

Millienum Yellow
    2003 Corvette Z06

<< Has 590/500 pump gas 7psi/meth/full exhaust/SFMIC/stock bottom end...

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by MYSCZ06 View Post
    I bet those heads and manifold help alot.

'98,'00-B 93,03,11,14-V

Woo hoo !!! ;-) Still waiting for parts. Grrr.....

'98,'00-B 93,03,11,14-V

Quote Originally Posted by SSilver2K View Post
    Prochargers are worthless on stock engines unless you are willing to push it's limits. I run a forged set-up D1SC at 15psi/750+rwhp/700tq and it will pull hard at any rpm since boost start early and keeps ramping up. I can't imagine what my car would be like at only 5-7psi. = slow

The quality on the other hand: Great head unit but the rest of it should be custom anyways.
    Yeah, but unfortunately, D1SC isn't street legal I was told by Procharger. Otherwise, I'd be installing one of those and forge the bottom end ... get it cammed etc... I like to keep my cars street legal. Even the '67 Camaro is street legal with over 800HP.... Just the gas I run in it isn't.... ;-(

Millienum Yellow
    2003 Corvette Z06

I bet those heads and manifold help alot.
    the Z06 heads/Cam seem to be doing ok...Im really on the fence on turning up the boost... I hate to puke its guts out...

Millienum Yellow
    2003 Corvette Z06

Yeah, but unfortunately, D1SC isn't street legal I was told by Procharger. Otherwise, I'd be installing one of those and forge the bottom end ... get it cammed etc... I like to keep my cars street legal. Even the '67 Camaro is street legal with over 800HP.... Just the gas I run in it isn't.... ;-(
    Hmm what makes it non-street legal just curious? I have a D1 on my Vette but Im in the south no emission test or such...

'98,'00-B 93,03,11,14-V

Hmm what makes it non-street legal just curious? I have a D1 on my Vette but Im in the south no emission test or such...
    Yeah, I should have asked.... They just said you can't run the DISC in cali on the street .... It's not "CARB Approved" .... Oh, that must be the reason.

I wish I lived in TX Or another state that isn't so strict.

Plus, Procharger will not give you the three year waranty on the DISC unless you keep it under 7psi boost...

They do have a trade-in program if I want to go to F?Series later (F1C=900HP). Then she would be track dedicated.
    Last edited by Mecinoid; 07-03-2009 at 12:38 AM.

Millienum Yellow
    2003 Corvette Z06

awe ok makes sense... yea its real nice living in SC Im orginally from Cali but left 17 yrs ago with the Army.. I never had a "real" car there so I never felt the pain of restrictions. SC is awesome I have lontubes/x-pipe and the corsa sport touring exhaust and will soon be swapping that out for some B&B's dont have to worry about high-flow cats or that stuff...on my TA I had longtubes/mufflex Y /Borla with open cutouts...lol

I keep my cars registerd in SC so I can get away with not having to adhere to the state Im in laws...lol

'98,'00-B 93,03,11,14-V

awe ok makes sense... yea its real nice living in SC Im orginally from Cali but left 17 yrs ago with the Army.. I never had a "real" car there so I never felt the pain of restrictions. SC is awesome I have lontubes/x-pipe and the corsa sport touring exhaust and will soon be swapping that out for some B&B's dont have to worry about high-flow cats or that stuff...on my TA I had longtubes/mufflex Y /Borla with open cutouts...lol

I keep my cars registerd in SC so I can get away with not having to adhere to the state Im in laws...lol
    Very Kewl .....

'98,'00-B 93,03,11,14-V

Well, it looks like the base run was 299hp ;-( Not as I thought. So that would be about 345 crank HP = stock vette. Not too bad. Then after boosting it ended up being 441 rwhp or about 507 crank HP on 6.5psi, even with a smaller pulley. ????

% wise it's right on what procharger promises. So, I really can't be mad.

Not too bad .... I did expect more... makes me want to just go out and buy a ZR1 though.

What can I say .... I'm a little disappointed. ;-(

However, the car still kicks ass. I doubt I'll get her to the track anytime soon to get the timeslip I want.
    Simply working too many hours these days. Think I'll just save some more and step up later.
    Last edited by Mecinoid; 07-15-2009 at 10:55 PM.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2002 Firehawk

Those are GREAT numbers - Now putting it to the ground comes next - Traction,Traction,Traction

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information