Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

White
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by S8ER01Z View Post
    agree 100%...

..some people here still believe the SRT8 is a mid 13 second car at best and that f-bodies walk all over them... that's what I find funny.
    I believe that the SRT8 is a upper to mid 13's car here at Orlando Speedworld. I also believe that the F-Body is a upper to mid 13's car at best here in the heat and humidity of Florida.

My car with a lid, FRAM, Magnaflow cat-back, Diablosport tune and DR's has run a 12.7, but most of the time runs 13.0's. I'm not saying an SRT8 can't run those numbers with equal mods, I just haven't seen one do it here in the heat and humidity.

From what I see and the races I've had, an SRT8 with equal mods to mine is going to get beat. Till I get beat by one with equal mods I'm sticking to that. Stock for stocck the F-body and the SRT8 cars are very close. Equal mods and the F-body wins. Just goes to reason, an intake, exhaust and tune add 25 or 30 hp or so to both cars. Equal power adders and the lighter car benefits more from the added hp.

I also don't refer to my car as a 12 second car. It can when the stars are right, but the reality is it's going to run 13.0 more times than not. Then every once and a while, we get a cool night in the low 60's high fifties and the humidity is low and the air pressure is high and bam I get a great time slip.

Silver
    06 Charger SRT-8

Just can't overcome the weight deficit, no doubt. Keeps the 60fts higher for the heavier car too. Better off from a roll. Otherwise a 1.9 vs. a 2.1 60ft won't get made up in the 1/4 mile and most likely not on the street either.

'99 -- Z/28 -- Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by Deuuuce View Post
    Just can't overcome the weight deficit, no doubt. Keeps the 60fts higher for the heavier car too. Better off from a roll. Otherwise a 1.9 vs. a 2.1 60ft won't get made up in the 1/4 mile and most likely not on the street either.
    Off topic, but Deuuuce, has anyone put an SRT8 on a diet yet to see just how much weight can be pulled off of one?

Give me a place to stand. levityinc3's Avatar

Red
    2000 SS '89 IROC-Z

Quote Originally Posted by LS1Jason View Post
    Off topic, but Deuuuce, has anyone put an SRT8 on a diet yet to see just how much weight can be pulled off of one?
    I am curious of that as well.

Silver
    06 Charger SRT-8

Quote Originally Posted by LS1Jason View Post
    There is a guy on the East Coast with a Magnum that has done A LOT of weight reduction and now runs 11s with DRs, I/E/T and torque converter (I think). He's not hard to find on the LX forums. Problem is, I don't know how much weight.

Considering the car has a nearly S-class wheelbase of 120" and very stiff, there is only so much that can be done. It is actually a "light" car if you compare to other 4doors of that wheelbase size. Crazy.

Give me a place to stand. levityinc3's Avatar

Red
    2000 SS '89 IROC-Z

There is a guy on the East Coast with a Magnum that has done A LOT of weight reduction and now runs 11s with DRs, I/E/T and torque converter (I think). He's not hard to find on the LX forums. Problem is, I don't know how much weight.

Considering the car has a nearly S-class wheelbase of 120" and very stiff, there is only so much that can be done. It is actually a "light" car if you compare to other 4doors of that wheelbase size. Crazy.
    I wish I could find out what exactly Samuel Hubinette did to his Charger. They just made him a Challenger SRT-8, on a diet as well I presume.

'99 -- Z/28 -- Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by levityinc3 View Post
    I wish I could find out what exactly Samuel Hubinette did to his Charger. They just made him a Challenger SRT-8, on a diet as well I presume.
    didn't his charger weigh in around 3100-3200lbs?

Silver
    06 Charger SRT-8

Quote Originally Posted by levityinc3 View Post
    A stripped to the chassis rebuild. Just like the Drag-Pak Challenger weighs less than 3500lbs. No options, no interior except cage and seats, no insulation, etc. etc.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

A stripped to the chassis rebuild. Just like the Drag-Pak Challenger weighs less than 3500lbs. No options, no interior except cage and seats, no insulation, etc. etc.
    Holy shit Thats heavy as hell

Thread Information