silver w/flames
    99 mustang

Came across a mean C5...

I was heading home from meeting the family for lunch when a C5 turned in front of me throwing a rev. It was dark grey with deep dish rims with a black center. Instead of going straight I decided to go play. As I approach him I see guages on his pillar and figure he is blown, which wouldn't be good for me. It was obvious he at least had a cam as it sounded very loud and nasty, though I couldn't hear a whine. We played a bit until we entered the highway.

I was hoping to go from a low speed to take advantage of having an auto. We finally lined up with me in 3rd at about 2500rpms. On the punch I had a couple of feet on him but as our speeds increased he started to pull on me. I did get the opportunity to enjoy how good it sounded as he slowly pulled me, lol. I got out of the throttle after wrapping out third with him a car out in front. We exchanged waves and went our seperate ways.

Excuses: I just finished my car this week after installing the auto. I'm also not running a boost controller and on just 7lbs. I take it monday to have an Eboost2 installed. Oh and my blinker fluid is empty. Hopefully I'll come across him again but with different results...
    99 35th GT: 5.0 stroker, twin 60 turbos, aeromotive return style fuel system, full suspension.
    575/563 @ 12lbs-adding more soon...

07 Trailblazer SS(wife's): 22s, 3200 stall, cammed and bolt ons, lowered. 405/405

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

lol the excuses bank made my day

Awaiting Activation
    Honorable death...your going to need at least 22psi to beat a stock C5.

Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

Quote Originally Posted by LS2 KLR View Post
    I was heading home from meeting the family for lunch when a C5 turned in front of me throwing a rev. It was dark grey with deep dish rims with a black center. Instead of going straight I decided to go play. As I approach him I see guages on his pillar and figure he is blown, which wouldn't be good for me. It was obvious he at least had a cam as it sounded very loud and nasty, though I couldn't hear a whine. We played a bit until we entered the highway.

I was hoping to go from a low speed to take advantage of having an auto. We finally lined up with me in 3rd at about 2500rpms. On the punch I had a couple of feet on him but as our speeds increased he started to pull on me. I did get the opportunity to enjoy how good it sounded as he slowly pulled me, lol. I got out of the throttle after wrapping out third with him a car out in front. We exchanged waves and went our seperate ways.

Excuses: I just finished my car this week after installing the auto. I'm also not running a boost controller and on just 7lbs. I take it monday to have an Eboost2 installed. Oh and my blinker fluid is empty. Hopefully I'll come across him again but with different results...
    hahah blinker fluid.
    1999 mbm Z m6/ forged 346, lt's, wires, ls6 intake, sts rear turbo.

*SOLD*2002 black ws6- <Bolt ons, ls6 heads, mild cam, dyno tune, full susp. and 4.10s> --440rwhp/395rwtq

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by LS2 KLR View Post

It happens man.......Money talks and so forth. No matter how much you have into your car, someone's always faster. Nice numbers your putting up, and I love how you have a 5.0 in a 99. To me, that seems pretty rare. You should post pics of the car/motor sir
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

silver w/flames
    99 mustang

It turns out he and I have been trying to run each other for the last yr. I just didn't realize it was him. His C5 is a forged 346 with a procharger making 650rwhp through an auto. Even on only 7lbs my car isn't slow but really thought I was racing only a cam car, especially considering he didn't smoke me.

We're gonna again in a week or two when I turn up the boost. I'll try to get a nice daytime vid.

silver w/flames
    99 mustang

The 575rwhp in my sig was with my old na heads and mild cams. Even with that setup I think with 16-18lbs I could have hit 700rwhp. I've since swapped out to turbo heads and some sweet cams.

pic as requested....

ttll skinnies

my old nitrous video

Sorry but I don't have any decent motor pics.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Can't wait for vid, should be a great race.

Pewter
    99 Z/28

You got a cool car man!

Red
    99 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28

sweet car man...damn thing sounds like a alcohol dragster in the vid when idling...i love a nice cam

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Car sounds great, just listened to it with speakers. Nice stang you got there.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

very nice ride my friend

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Only thing I hate, but I hate on all cars (even F-Bodies) is skinnies. I know they serve a purpose and all but I just don't care for the look of any car with them on. But one day I will have them on my car and I will hate the way my car looks

silver w/flames
    99 mustang

Sadly I went through alot of trouble to get those. I had to have the rears custom made and the fronts I had to grind down on the brakes. Ironically, that pic is the only time I had them on my car. They're sitting in my garage with the paper still on them, lol. And those damn 15x4s cost more than the 17x11s.

Monterey Maroon Metalic
    2000 Z28

Probably the nicest (tastefully done) 2v New Edge I've ever seen. Eager to see the outcome of your new round of mods and a vid with that C5.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Sounds real mean! And I like your excuse bank too. Fooled a cousin of mine with the "blinker fluid" once, that was funny. She thought my brother and I were serious for several hours.

silver w/flames
    99 mustang

I appreciate all the compliments. Its good to know that even if someone doesn't prefer this or that car but they can respect a tastefully done ride.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

^^^Some people care only about the particular make/model of car, but I prefer the layout of the car. For me, almost any RWD V8 is the real deal, almost all others are pretenders. And, only a V8 makes the right sounds for me. Sure, the V10s and V12s are nice too, but they don't make the gutteral sounds a V8 does, especially open headers! Oh and BTW, your Ford sucks LOL!

Nice looking Stang bro...

Thread Information