Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by willys srt8 View Post
    how did i get brought into this one? i'm just tired of all the BS.

i just drove over an hour to get to the track to put this all to a test. we got there and it was closed. despite calling, checking the radar...... tremendous waste of time.

facts are still facts. both have hit 12s stock but definately not the norm. majority will run mid/low 13s. therefore............two mid/low 13 sec cars (stock)=drivers race. both cars are evenly enough matched that it will ultimately come down to the driver. either one could win on any given day. he who has the deepest pockets will eventually have the most mods.
    x2.

Silver
    06 Charger SRT-8

Quote Originally Posted by fergyflyer View Post
    Show me a SRT8 that runs better than a 13.0 with just a tune, CAI and a catback. DR's are acceptable on the stock car and expected on the modded car.

Deuuce, I think guys go after you because you come onto our forum and talk about your car as if it's superior. I'd probably get treated the same on a SRT8 forum if I went there and made the comments you've made here and on their forums.

It's good to be proud of your car, but when you are a guest in another Marque's forum you need to be more humble.
    MY SRT-8 ran 12s consistently with just a tune, CAI and catback (okay, cats too). Go check all the links I provided for others.

Comments are factual or calling out BS/fanboyism. The LS1s have the utmost respect on the LX related forums. Many owners are previous LS1 owners....

Let me pour some gasoline into it.... More SRT-8s have hit 12s than LS2 GTOs than LS1 Fbodys....

Stock for stock for an LS1 would have to be powershifted perfectly....
    Last edited by Deuuuce; 05-19-2009 at 09:25 PM.

silver
    2002 ws6

^^^^ okay it's obvious at this point you're just a troll.

Red
    1999 Pontiac Trans-Am

Quote Originally Posted by Deuuuce View Post
    MY SRT-8 ran 12s consistently with just a tune, CAI and catback (okay, cats too). Go check all the links I provided for others.

Comments are factual or calling out BS/fanboyism. The LS1s have the utmost respect on the LX related forums. Many owners are previous LS1 owners....

Let me pour some gasoline into it.... More SRT-8s have hit 12s than LS2 GTOs than LS1 Fbodys....

Awaiting Activation

This suppose to be the joke of the day?

NBM
    2002 Camaro

02 Camaro
    PRC Stg 2.5 5.3's, Futral F14, PP Typhoon intake, True duals, Performabuilt tranny, & 3500 convertor, HSW plate kit.
    *Old Time* 10.90@ 125mph

White
    2002 Z28

Let's see Deuuuce, you got a thread closed on the GTO Forum on this same subject. You keep saying the same thing. Just because you repet it doesn't make it fact. Get someone to the track here in Orlando. There are tons of SRT8 cars here. I've seen them run and I've beaten them. Get one with a good driver that can beat me.

I keep offering, I'll run an SRT8 with similar mods. I'd hope that it would beat me since the magazines with their ringers run 13.0's on stock cars. That's what I'm going to run is a 13.0. I've run better but consistantly 13.0 is what my Z28 runs. My LS2 GTO ran into the 12's but typically ran 13.1. When I go to the track and see the SRT8 cars they don't run 13.0's or 13.1's stock, even modded they don't run that. Maybe it's the driver, I'm not sure. That's what I want to find out. Have the 20 or so SRT8 cars I've seen run all been driven by crappy drivers.

I know, you need to put the computer in this or that mode and get to the line without it reseting and you need to do this or that right. Well I'm sorry, if a car has that many nannies it's useless. What are you going to do, tell the Mustang next to you that he needs to wait while you set the car up right to run him. Give me a break.

Hey for that matter, a friend of mine with a lightly modded 2007 A5 Mustang GT wants in the action of racing whatever SRT8 you come up with. His best of 13.6 is not quite what we've seen the SRT8 cars run with light mods, but he hasn't lost on the street to one yet.

Any luck getting someone to run me?????

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Let's see Deuuuce, you got a thread closed on the GTO Forum on this same subject. You keep saying the same thing. Just because you repet it doesn't make it fact. Get someone to the track here in Orlando. There are tons of SRT8 cars here. I've seen them run and I've beaten them. Get one with a good driver that can beat me.

I keep offering, I'll run an SRT8 with similar mods. I'd hope that it would beat me since the magazines with their ringers run 13.0's on stock cars. That's what I'm going to run is a 13.0. I've run better but consistantly 13.0 is what my Z28 runs. My LS2 GTO ran into the 12's but typically ran 13.1. When I go to the track and see the SRT8 cars they don't run 13.0's or 13.1's stock, even modded they don't run that. Maybe it's the driver, I'm not sure. That's what I want to find out. Have the 20 or so SRT8 cars I've seen run all been driven by crappy drivers.

I know, you need to put the computer in this or that mode and get to the line without it reseting and you need to do this or that right. Well I'm sorry, if a car has that many nannies it's useless. What are you going to do, tell the Mustang next to you that he needs to wait while you set the car up right to run him. Give me a break.

Hey for that matter, a friend of mine with a lightly modded 2007 A5 Mustang GT wants in the action of racing whatever SRT8 you come up with. His best of 13.6 is not quite what we've seen the SRT8 cars run with light mods, but he hasn't lost on the street to one yet.

Any luck getting someone to run me?????
    A full bolt on srt-8 car is faster than a 13.0. Im not a srt-8 guy and even i know that

White
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    A full bolt on srt-8 car is faster than a 13.0. Im not a srt-8 guy and even i know that
    Not here in Orlando with the heat and humidity. Sorry it just doesn't happen.

I keep hearing people say this, but no one will come out to the track and show me different. Until I see it with my own eye's, I don't believe it.

Also how fast is a full bolt on LS1 f-body???? One with a tune and DR's????

My car runs 13.0. It is consistantly faster than SRT8 cars.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Not here in Orlando with the heat and humidity. Sorry it just doesn't happen.

I keep hearing people say this, but no one will come out to the track and show me different. Until I see it with my own eye's, I don't believe it.

Also how fast is a full bolt on LS1 f-body???? One with a tune and DR's????

My car runs 13.0. It is consistantly faster than SRT8 cars.
    So the heat and humidy only effects the srt-8 engine? Thats some pretty picky heat. Your post was about you, not all f-bodys. You run a 13.0 consistently and the charger/300c are autos so they will run consistently aswell and a full bolt on one can run lower than 13.0s easily.

IMO ls1 cars are a better platform in a better looking car. But a srt-8 anything is nothing to shake a stick at. The all move out pretty damn good.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 05-21-2009 at 01:35 PM.

willys srt8
    is this still going on? fergyflyer what are the actual times and traps are you running? what was the DA when you made those runs? last Sat. i drove 1 hour made 16 hot laps with 3/4 full tank and got a best of 13.1964@107.3 with a DA of 1808 (read the wrong DA on other post) and i had never been to the track before. i'm going back tomorrow with lessons learned.
    Last edited by willys srt8; 05-21-2009 at 01:50 PM.

White
    2001 Z28 M6

As an LS1 owner and someone who just played this out recently against a bone stock 300C I agreee 100%

White
    2001 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by willys srt8 View Post
    is this still going on? fergyflyer what are the actual times and traps are you running? what was the DA when you made those runs? last Sat. i drove 1 hour made 16 hot laps with 3/4 full tank and got a best of 13.1964@107.3 with a DA of 1808 (read the wrong DA on other post) and i had never been to the track before. i'm going back tomorrow with lessons learned.
    To further fuel the fire...

DA -261
    2.1 60ft
    13.19 @ 108.59mph

To all...find me an SRT8 near cordova illinois (Cordova Dragway) that wants to make some passes and get it on video. I have the free ram air mod so they can have a cai at most (to make things even)...

For some reason I think I'm the only F-body owner here that doesn't tihnk I will be pulling out an easy win here.
    Last edited by S8ER01Z; 05-21-2009 at 02:10 PM.

White
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    So the heat and humidy only effects the srt-8 engine? Thats some pretty picky heat. Your post was about you, not all f-bodys. You run a 13.0 consistently and the charger/300c are autos so they will run consistently aswell and a full bolt on one can run lower than 13.0s easily.

IMO ls1 cars are a better platform in a better looking car. But a srt-8 anything is nothing to shake a stick at. The all move out pretty damn good.
    I'm guessing that some people have gotten into the middle of this and haven't read all the posts.

My car will run 12.7 on a perfect day. We don't get those here in Orlando very often. Late March you have a chance of getting a day with a DA around 0 to 500 feet. Most of the time thanks to the heat and humidity and poor air pressure you run in a DA of 1200 feet plus. I've seen DA's that were 3000 feet which is pretty poor at sea level. My car typically runs 13.0.

I'm basing my statements on a typical day, not that F-ing perfect day that Deuuuce always talks about. My car runs 13.0 with a lid, the FRAM mod, a Magnaflow catback, DR's and a Diablosport Predator tune. Someone else, Zinergy, just posted about running 13.19 in a negative DA condition. In a negative DA condition I might get a 12.6-12.7.

The SRT8 cars that I see here don't run the times that are posted in magazines. They don't trap the same speeds I see posted by Deuuuce. I'm wondering if the 20 or so drivers I've watched aren't very good. No one with mods equal to my mods runs the same times that I run, they are slower. The stock ones run mid to upper 13's. An F-body with Zinergy's mod is going to run 13.6-13.7.

So no the heat and humidity aren't selective.

I have yet to see an SRT8 in stock form run faster than 13.6 here. I have yet to see an SRT8 run into the 12's unless they have more than light mods. I have yet to see an SRT8 with an intake, tune, cat-back and DR's run better than 13.3. I'm told the drivers I'm watching suck. So I'd like to find a decent driver to bring his SRT8 out to Orlando Speedworld and run. I've asked the SRT8 fan club here to find someone. I can still hear the crickets.

I'm not putting the SRT8 down. I just have as yet to see one run as well as the published times.

Again, I go to the track 3 times a month, sometimes more when the weather is better. I watch what cars run. I'm not afraid to make the claim that an LS1 F-body with equal mods to an SRT8 car will beat the SRT8.

I'm done till someone with an SRT8 heads out to Orlando Speedworld, goes to the track and runs and proves me wrong. They need to prove me wrong with me there watching. I've killed too many SRT8 cars and watched too many of them not run the times I've expected from what I've read.

Awaiting Activation
    I've actully seen a srt-8 magnum run a 12.8 before with boltons diablo tune and drag radials.

Thread Information