what domestic 4 door runs 12's?
    2009 CTS-V
    period

Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

Quote Originally Posted by Camaro98Z/28 View Post
    2009 CTS-V
    period
    thats what i said! the new one would probably outrun my car.
    1999 mbm Z m6/ forged 346, lt's, wires, ls6 intake, sts rear turbo.

*SOLD*2002 black ws6- <Bolt ons, ls6 heads, mild cam, dyno tune, full susp. and 4.10s> --440rwhp/395rwtq

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

I spent $19900 on my Srt-4 Brand New. Put around 2k in the motor(Had more in the car itself). It ran 13.2s@113. Good trap but couldnt get the 60fts down on 225/45 KDWs. Had alot of suspension but I was never able to utilize it on crappy tires. It was a fun little car for me right after High School. But then again I could drive it and I wasnt the typical shit talking Srt-4 Owner either. I hardly ever got on the Forums because they had a bunch of little punk kids who couldnt drive and didnt know shit about cars.

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Chrysler transmissions don't hold up very well in anything.

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Went through 2 in mine...lol

Silver
    06 Charger SRT-8

Its like you guys have been in a time warp for the last 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Lethal Z View Post
    Ultra lame? Ultra lame is spending almost 40K for a car that has 425hp and still can't hit 12's.
    Did you miss the part about a tune? And quite a few stock SRT-8s have run 12s anyway.

Some people have a requirement for 4 doors. Think about it. Long and hard. Should we only spend $30k and run 14s? Is that the rule?

As far as your second comment, lets see a 4dr domestic car that runs 12's with a tune...........well we can sure as hell scratch the srt8 charger off that list.
    You really, really need to do a LITTLE research. SRT-8s stock, GXP stock, G8 GT with I/E/T.

My point $40k is way to much money to spend on a car and it still not perform like it should and IMO the SRT charger falls short of the mark. The whole 4dr sports car thing is a bad idea IMO anyway. You want speed buy an LS1, if you got 40K buy a nice used vette. Don't go buy an overweight, overpriced, underpowered 4dr grocery getter and then complain when you get smoked by a 10 yr old, 150K mile, $8K dollar LS1 F-body.
    Go add a couple of doors and see what you get - a G8. I guess we're not allowed to have performance with four doors? Did you think this through?

Overweight? Compare curb weight to any other car with a 120" wheelbase
    Overpriced? Excellent performance for the dollar in a new car purchase. Until the GXP and SS Camaro, nothing under $40k could touch it after the '06 GTO.
    Underpowered enough to beat a stock LS1 on any day.

Quote Originally Posted by willys srt8 View Post
    . oh yeah, the big #SRTs here are chewing up trannys as well.
    Where is that? I haven't even heard about stroker FI models having that problem.

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    what domestic 4 door runs 12's?
    SRT-8 and GXPs have, I/E/T G8 GTs

silver
    2002 ws6

^^^^ stop trying to say srt8's are 12 second cars. they're just not. MAYBE a select few have in perfect conditions (which you still haven't proven with facts). they are low 13 sec cars. there have been bone stock f-body run 12's around 109, and it's been documented too. but we're not saying that they're 12 second cars. it's just not nearly common enough.

Silver
    2005 Ram Daytona

Quote Originally Posted by 02blkws6 View Post
    Chrysler transmissions don't hold up very well in anything.
    This is not true at all... A 4l60e doesn't hold up well for anything.. nor does the 10 bolt rear end. My dad bought his srt charger back at the end of 2005 when the very first 06 model came out.. he has not had a single problem with his transmission or rear end.. I have had my camaro for 3 years and I have gone through 2 transmissions, 2 rear ends, and countless other bull shit parts that were made like shit. He takes his charger to the track about 3 times a year, lights em up... no broken cv shafts, no problems..

Now, show me someone who has a camaro with 425 crank hp and still has the original transmission and the original 10 bolt rear end.

Silver
    2005 Ram Daytona

I have been driving the charger alot lately (because once again my amazing, oh so powerful, camaro z28 has broken down) and there is no way that you guys defending camaro's have ever been in an srt charger.. It is the most comfortable ride, the seats are designed very well, has a nice navigation screen, a screen that tells you if your back left tire only has 29 psi, etc.. I could go on all day about the luxuries this car has...
    now, what does the camaro have to offer, other than an ls1?

NBM
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by cant.b.caught.z28 View Post
    what does the camaro have to offer, other than an ls1?
    What else do you need?
    02 Camaro
    PRC Stg 2.5 5.3's, Futral F14, PP Typhoon intake, True duals, Performabuilt tranny, & 3500 convertor, HSW plate kit.
    *Old Time* 10.90@ 125mph

Silver
    2005 Ram Daytona

The engine is about the only thing I haven't had to replace in my camaro... I love the ls1 engine, but I wish they would have done a little better for the rest of the drivetrain

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by NoscamaroSS View Post
    What else do you need?
    There is more to street driven cars than the engine. Full on drag cars yeah who cars what it is or looks like isnide. But street driven cars to me need more than just a good engine. My ls1 and lt1 cars have been the most fun cars i have owned, that being said they could have been built much much better in certain areas.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wink

Not to start any crap but is'nt that what a Muscle Car is about? Power?
    Just my oppinion but for me I could care less about radios, nav screens, extra doors, and so on. Hell I rarely even turn on the radio, and I rarely go where I dont know how to get there. Lots of power in a mid or high level luxury car is very nice should have power for the price. But in a Muscle Car I think power period. Honestly dont know sh*t about SRT 2-4-6-8 whatever they are. Is it really considered a Muscle Car with 4-doors? I dunno but I remember Muscle Cars as being the 2 dr beast in the garage with specific names given only to Muscle Cars, not just anything with a V8 and not the 4-dr with the kids car seat in the back. Anything can be made fast but not everything is a Muscle Car. Not tryin' to piss anyone off just my oppinion. Good kill OP.
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Not to start any crap but is'nt that what a Muscle Car is about? Power?
    Just my oppinion but for me I could care less about radios, nav screens, extra doors, and so on. Hell I rarely even turn on the radio, and I rarely go where I dont know how to get there. Lots of power in a mid or high level luxury car is very nice should have power for the price. But in a Muscle Car I think power period. Honestly dont know sh*t about SRT 2-4-6-8 whatever they are. Is it really considered a Muscle Car with 4-doors? I dunno but I remember Muscle Cars as being the 2 dr beast in the garage with specific names given only to Muscle Cars, not just anything with a V8 and not the 4-dr with the kids car seat in the back. Anything can be made fast but not everything is a Muscle Car. Not tryin' to piss anyone off just my oppinion. Good kill OP.

I dont need nav either and i didnt say its needs luxury, but weak rear, weak auto, weak suspension IMO, headlight motor gears made of plastice, window motors made to power windows half the size, cheap as hell interior, rattles and strange noises from the chassis. There are alot of flaws with these cars that dont have to do with luxury just basic mechanics.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    I dont need nav either and i didnt say its needs luxury, but weak rear, weak auto, weak suspension IMO, headlight motor gears made of plastice, window motors made to power windows half the size, cheap as hell interior, rattles and strange noises from the chassis. There are alot of flaws with these cars that dont have to do with luxury just basic mechanics.
    No LS1 here but mines loaded except for the leather, and I dont have any of the problems you just stated and my chassis makes no strange noises. Just an 01 Camaro. Warrenty replaced the power steerinf pump 3 yrs ago now, never any more trouble there. Power everthing, all works, only complaint is the cat just went bad @ 75+k and it was rattleing loud when it did. Nothing else busted nothing else rattles everything works and I got new cat. I dunno. But like I said not to start trouble just my oppinion man....:

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    No LS1 here but mines loaded except for the leather, and I dont have any of the problems you just stated and my chassis makes no strange noises. Just an 01 Camaro. Warrenty replaced the power steerinf pump 3 yrs ago now, never any more trouble there. Power everthing, all works, only complaint is the cat just went bad @ 75+k and it was rattleing loud when it did. Nothing else busted nothing else rattles everything works and I got new cat. I dunno. But like I said not to start trouble just my oppinion man....:
    Having your opinion is fine but you and i both know that headlight and window motors go out, we also know that t-tops rattle as do other things and SFCs help a little to stop the rattling. We all know the 10 bolt is weak and that autos are rebuilt often because of problems. There isnt any arguing any of the points i made and even most f-body owners wont. Just because you dont have these problems now doesnt mean you wont later. These cars have great engines, looks and i love the t-56 but everything else is subpar IMO.

willys srt8
    Deuuuce Where is that? I haven't even heard about stroker FI models having that problem./QUOTE]

"Ujokin2" James-426 stroker
    "gilgamesh" Dave- SC stroker 426
    "StingYA" David -SC/NOS stroker 396

all have had trans probs.

my 96 Camaro was an electrical nightmare... window motors, blinkers, etc...
    Last edited by willys srt8; 05-14-2009 at 02:18 PM.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Having your opinion is fine but you and i both know that headlight and window motors go out, we also know that t-tops rattle as do other things and SFCs help a little to stop the rattling. We all know the 10 bolt is weak and that autos are rebuilt often because of problems. There isnt any arguing any of the points i made and even most f-body owners wont. Just because you dont have these problems now doesnt mean you wont later. These cars have great engines, looks and i love the t-56 but everything else is subpar IMO.
    Yeah things wear out that's for sure. We could go on and on with this I suppose. But I'll end my end of it with this. Nope Never had T-top rattle. I've had 4 f-bodies all t-tops and all Camaro's 89-92-95-and my 01 that I have now. None had rattling T's. I did however forget to lock one in on my 92 and had it blow off and smash all over the road, but that was my fault. Only thing I did'nt like about its replacement was I had to use the old locking mechanism on the new top. It was full of road rash and did'nt look very good. I work hard to keep my cars in good to excellent working condition. I agree that they are'nt the best manufatured cars out there. But then again the original sticker (new) was I think 22k. I paid 12-15k used @ 26-29k miles on the clock. But a new car @ 22k I know I'm not buying a luxury car or top of the line sports car either. It was and still is however body and interior wise still in mint condition for a base Camaro. That's what I was more or less looking for when I bought it. I really did'nt care what engine was in it cause it was and is going to end up a ground up rebuild and I just wanted something clean to start with is all. But to each his own.

Ps my tops do not leak either. But all my other ones did.
    Last edited by Smittro; 05-14-2009 at 02:19 PM.

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    You are aware that this site has a kills section and that the management would rather you post this in that section aren't you?
    You are aware that he maybe a new member and didn't know that right....we all make mistakes
    2000 Arctic White trans am, ws6 hood, ws6 air box, slp lid, slp smooth bellows, slp loudmouth exhaust,shift kit, rebuilt trans, LS6 intake, 3.73 gears, Shaner S3 p/p throttle body, and a tune . SFC. C6 ZO6 rims 18" in back 17" in front. Drilled and slotted rotors.

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Cold Goat View Post
    I spent $19900 on my Srt-4 Brand New. Put around 2k in the motor(Had more in the car itself). It ran 13.2s@113. Good trap but couldnt get the 60fts down on 225/45 KDWs. Had alot of suspension but I was never able to utilize it on crappy tires. It was a fun little car for me right after High School. But then again I could drive it and I wasnt the typical shit talking Srt-4 Owner either. I hardly ever got on the Forums because they had a bunch of little punk kids who couldnt drive and didnt know shit about cars.
    This thread is not a about the SRT-4. Reread.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information