Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Keep up the good work,glad the SD is working out for you!

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

....so last night after my third run I hear this metallic sound coming from the front end. I think it may just be a pad sticking of maybe cracked. So this morning I start the car up and drive the car around and nothing. I figure the brakes thing was temporary. Today after my trial run the sound comes back an seems worse when I took the car out for the 10 mile run. The sound continued the final 3 runs so my last time last night and todays may have been slowed slightly by whatever is causing this. I'm guessing it could also be the emergency brake or even a wheel bearing.

So as for today, I started a run with split times that almost identically matched my last run of yesterday. This was a time trial run

DA: + 1756
    60: 1.69
    1/8: 7.60
    MPH: 93.07
    1/4: 11.93
    MPH: 118.60

Then came the 10 mile run out of the park followed by 3 hot laps. The rule though is that nothing but tire pressure could be adjusted once we started ... including the hood ... it had to remain closed.

The first run pretty much matched my time trial run, the OTRCAI easily got the temps down after the drive. I was in the second run down the track so I didn't have to sit very long and have heat build under the hood. I launched with an IAT of 95 degrees

DA: + 1934
    60: 1.69
    1/8: 7.61
    MPH: 92.95
    1/4: 11.956
    MPH: 118.23

The second run went off 15 minutes later. During this time the IAT reached 126 degrees while I waited. I had the car off to not build up anymore heat while I waited. The run lost some but not too much.

DA: + 1934
    60: 1.71
    1/8: 7.66
    MPH: 92.54
    1/4: 12.018
    MPH: 117.88

The third run went off 13 minutes later. This time the IAT went up to 135. I had to leave the car running to cool the tranny since my tranny cooler's fan had triggered at 180 degrees. This run actually was stronger then the previous and would have been in the 11s if I had not let off.

DA: + 2046
    60: 1.71
    1/8: 7.65
    MPH: 92.86
    1/4: 12.010
    MPH: 115.74

...so I let off because this was a index race and I was damn close to averaging 12 seconds after the first two runs and in the money for the 12 second index. However I didn't quite do it soon enough and ended with a 3 run average of 11.994666666667 arghhhhhhh!!!!!

...so my though about the OTRCAI and starting out with a high IAT is that it kicks in well after the 60 ft mark, but just can't drop the sensors reading quick enough to keep it from creeping up as the heat increases on successive runs ....but still we are only talking about a very minor increase in the 60 ft. The different between my best and worst 60 today is only .021 and only .035 over two days. The heat also only dropped my 1/4 MPH only by 1.46 MPH over yesterdays best run (that's throwing out the 115 where I let off the gas).

Conclusion. I'm very happy with the results as the OTRCAI seems to negate the heat was well as I could expect. ...can't wait for some negative DA.

I'm skipping tomorrows bracket race since I still don't know where that metallic sound is coming from ... so that's it for now. Hopefully more people can duplicate what I've shown with this OTRCAI.

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

sounds like the results are what you needed,now time for the alky.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

What I didn't point out yet about my runs yesterday is that comparing them to the runs I posted from August 2008. The August runs were each first runs of the day so they were not at all affected by heat soak yet all my heat soaked runs from yesterday were better then them ... all were run in the low 70's and the DAs were all simular. That's a pretty impressive result from the svede1212 OTRCAI.

...so don't think I need the alky. What would it buy me now? I don't plan on keeping the the hood down and letting the IAT temp climb to 120 - 130 again. lol ...so I'm pretty sure I'll run 11s regardless of temperature now.
    Last edited by GTO1_OHIO; 06-14-2009 at 05:28 AM.

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by GTO1_OHIO View Post
    What I didn't point out yet about my runs yesterday is that comparing them to the runs I posted from August 2008. The August runs were each first runs of the day so they were not at all affected by heat soak yet all my heat soaked runs from yesterday were better then them ... all were run in the low 70's and the DAs were all simular. That's a pretty impressive result from the svede1212 OTRCAI.

...so don't think I need the alky. What would it buy me now? I don't plan on keeping the the hood down and letting the IAT temp climb to 120 - 130 again. lol ...so I'm pretty sure I'll run 11s regardless of temperature now.
    I saw this setup in person,very clean way better,then any CIA ..so to speak that I have ever seen, and performs very well in the heat!
    mods: custom built twins, built 408 w/l92 stock GM heads,GM matching intake,drag bags,frame ties,aluminum drive shaft, performabuilt 4l80e,Yank converter,ohios fastest and quickest 04-06 GTO 9.52 at 144mph. 1.50 60ft on stock rear end and shafts/suspension,on drag radials.

BLACK
    GTO 2005

YOU GENIUSS

red
    2002 vx ss commodore

why not go a mafless tune? is it available in the states?
    with mafless tunes you are getting anywhere from 30-50 rwkw. from having an otrcai.

you guys should check out the - justCommodores forum. these guys have a lot of experience in mafless tuning. and plus seeing as though your gto is our holden monaro and for the stock gto, its basically a 2 door version of a vx ss Commodore, you should get more then enough support in regards to your cars and upgrades.

just an idea. but i recommend the mafless tune any day over a maf tune, you get more hp/kw.
    more torque, better response. in turn giving you a quicker et and higher mph.

red
    2002 vx ss commodore

Mate why not go a mafless tune with your otrcai?
    you will gain more hp and torque.
    You will acheive a 40 - 70 rear wheel hp with a mafless tune.
    highly recommended

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Some members go SD/MAFless.

red
    2002 vx ss commodore

what is SD sorry?

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

SD is speed density. Also known as MAFless.

extreme dimensions, driveshaft shop, harrop, hid(35watt/6k) lows, hurst, k&n, led fogs, maverick man, mishimoto, nitto, revshift, slp, stern st-1, smoked sidemarkers, whiteline poly radius rod bushings

Silver

What strut brace is that? Looks beefy

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

BMR strut brace.

Silver

Thanks, I want one

black
    2004 Pontiac GTO

hey i hate to bring this back from the dead but i was looking to get one of these for my 04 but i cant seem to find svede1212 on here anymore.

Thread Information