the power window motor you are looking for fits 1989 to 1993

mustang convertible right side. The original FORD part number

is E1ZZ 6623394 A. Check with your local Ford Dealer to see

if this is still available. Sorry this is so long after your post but

I am new on this site and figured if you still need the info I

would reply to this post

Blues
    Blaze and cavy

Do you buy chance still have pictures? I am about to do a repair and it would probably be helpful to see..

Bright Rally Red
    2002 Camaro 35thLE

Go to an auto parts store and get 3M Super Strength Molding Tape. It is the same stuff 6LE uses to put valences on with.

It is easy to use. Just apply to cloth and then stick to window. You can either leave it in the sun to warm it up so it makes good contact and then make sure all open places are out or use a heat gun to warm it.

Will try to get you some pics of mine before and after if I can find them on the hard drive.

Blues
    Blaze and cavy

Thanks! It would be appreciated. Are you going from top of window to the bottom on the canvas top? Or is it from the inside? Heat shouldn't be an issue, it hit 100 here today from what my wife told me..thanks again!

Bright Rally Red
    2002 Camaro 35thLE

If you are looking from outside of car it will be fabric then tape then window. So the glass will be on the inside.

Silver
    1996 Silver Trans Am M6

LOL! When my rear window seal came off, I let it go for a few months. When I went to go fix it my hand went right through the top like it was a tissue. The whole back half was dry rotted. Safe to say I learned my lesson.

Gold
    1998 trans am

I know this thread is old but I am fairly new as far as posting goes.

First I'll start by saying that I have done auto upholstery professionally since 1996.

The glass in a convertible top is heat sealed in. Im not sure how they do the process but there is really no glue that has gone bad. Problem is that as you can tell, there is not too much that will stick to glass for very long. In my experiance, most convertible windows on cars that are regularly used seem to last from 3-5 years. Ive done lots of warranty and replacement work on newer cars.

Some tops are all one piece. Luckily, the 4th generation F-bodys are two pieces. You have the top, and then you have the rear window as a seperate unit.

If you choose to repair your glass, I have found any clear silicone to be a suitable temporary repair untill you can afford to replace the glass section of your top. I normally place a tape across the glass to prevent smearing and etc. Your gonna need to release the top from the front to relieve pressure and then attempt the repair. Let it sit for a while before removing the tape but not so long as it sticks to the tape also.

Replacement of the back glass is a profesional job, but is one that can be repaired in a few short hours. Half a day is average labor estimate. I don't have current prices in front of me, but you can probably plan to spend around 300-500 bucks for the replacement. One word of personal caution though is that on a two piece top such as the F-body cars, the glass section provides pull from the rear bow back, and the top provides pull from the rear bow forward. So if you replace the rear glass section only, you MAY have greater chance for a failure of the top section afterward. After all they wear and age together. Think of it as taking an old thin T-shirt and replacing the back with new cotton. The front is gonna tear up quicker than the back.

Well anyway, maybe this will shed a little light on the process anyway.

BLACK
    2002 Z28

I used a black automotive grade weatherstripping adhesive from Autozone for about 20 bucks. It comes in a metal caulking gun tube. Ask them, They'll know what it is... I also used some fairly powerful small magnets to "clamp" both surfaces together while it set up. Be careful not to let the magnets slap the glass though

silver
    1998 trans am convert

My rear window is still attached well to my inner roof but it looks like my outer roof has shrunk and i have a gap at the top of the window. It looks like the outer roof was never glued and was just stretched over the window to keep rain off of the inner roof. Anyone have this problem and a fix for it?

Triple White
    1998 Camaro SS convert

Quote Originally Posted by slimmer View Post
    My rear window is still attached well to my inner roof but it looks like my outer roof has shrunk and i have a gap at the top of the window. It looks like the outer roof was never glued and was just stretched over the window to keep rain off of the inner roof. Anyone have this problem and a fix for it?
    I found this thread while searching for a solution to fixing the window glass that detached from the rear panel of my 2002 Camaro SS convertible top. I realize that this is an old topic, but thought maybe someone searching for a cure in the future could benefit from this information.

The outer roof fabric was never glued the glass. The condition you describe is caused from a flap that has come loose from the underside of the top above the rear roof bow. This flap is stapled to that bow and keeps the fabric of the top from being able to be pulled forward, above the top of the rear window glass. I'm not sure that this can be fixed without replacing the top. The 3M double sided tape mentioned seems to work well for a temporary fix for reattaching the window glass, but it should be applied between the glass and the rear panel. This panel should probably be replaced for a permanent repair.

Thread Information