Thread: TT Saab...

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Talking TT Saab...

So sure enough the day after i get the trans am out(first post btw) im running down a street where its 3 lanes on both sides and split by a center divider with the infamous michigan lefts. Well at one red light i saw a lifted truck try to burn out so i decided to teach him how it was done, and believe me my gf wasn't too happy about it. and now to the point, some type of saab pulled up next to me, kept staring at me, so we both launched when it turned green, and needless to say i stomped him as many times as we punched it for about 10 miles. once we were in cop territory we were going about 35 in a 40 and just talking through windows. The guy said and i quote "We werent going fast enough for my turbos to spool." Now im not too knowledgeable about FI but when your going 70 mph you should be producing more than enough exhaust at high RPMs to spool Twin Turbos. Thought it was kinda funny because i went "Huntin fer mustangs" and found a saab... And than proceeded to embarrass him numerously. Always feels good to win

Monterey Maroon Metalic
    2000 Z28

Excuses, excuses... It's not like it's a top end turbo setup from the factory. Usually a factory twin setup is sequential where the smaller turbo spools for low end and then the bigger spools for top end. Do you know exactly what model it was so we can speculate further?

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

To be honest i dont know what it was considering i was in front of him every time lol but it was a 4 door, and also im pretty sure he was running aftermarket turbos but either way there was no way to use that excuse i ran through 2 gears and beginning of third in a stock m6, plenty of time to make sufficient boost.

Ummm.... there are no twin turbo Saabs. And there is no reason you'd want to twin turbo one since almost all of them are 4 cylinders. There are some turbo models, but they are low pressure tiny turbocharger units. Are you sure this thing was a Saab?

Find a picture of the model you raced and post it.

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

definitely a saab and honestly he could have been bsing the TT part or i may have misheard him and only has a single setup but i wanna say it was a 9-3 or something similar. kind of interested because he kept up pretty well. for a 4 door

Quote Originally Posted by That1SpeedFreak View Post
    definitely a saab and honestly he could have been bsing the TT part or i may have misheard him and only has a single setup but i wanna say it was a 9-3 or something similar. kind of interested because he kept up pretty well. for a 4 door
    The 4 door Saab 9-3s weigh in at 3300-3400lbs. depending on options, which is about what an F-body weighs. They come with a 2.0L turbo 4 cylinder, for the turbo model, and make around 210hp at the flywheel. These are mid 15s cars stock. To be anywhere near F-body territory the car needs a larger turbo setup, fuel, clutch, tires, and supporting mods.

Can you find a picture online and throw it up here?

Awaiting Activation

Black
    RIP S4 06Tbss

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    Ummm.... there are no twin turbo Saabs

Wow you truly know nothing. Yes they do make a twin turbo saabs.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carrevi...2/saab_93.html

His turbos had plenty of time to spool. The S is twin turbo and it hits boost by 2k rpms. Different cars but by 70 he went through 1k rpms to red line so it hit full boost and is slow as balls. ITS A SAAB lol.

Quote Originally Posted by 98T/Aformula. View Post
    Wow you truly know nothing. Yes they do make a twin turbo saabs.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carrevi...2/saab_93.html

His turbos had plenty of time to spool. The S is twin turbo and it hits boost by 2k rpms. Different cars but by 70 he went through 1k rpms to red line so it hit full boost and is slow as balls. ITS A SAAB lol.
    Interesting. I didn't know they had that setup. It's exclusive to the TTid model though. Still that model is only 178hp, not much of a match for an F-body LS1. It seems it's a sequential setup, one small turbo feeding a larger one. Efficient for daily driving and a good curve, but not for making good power.

2008 Caliber SRT 4
    1998 Z28/ 1993 Talon awd

They do have a 2.8L turbo 280hp Saab 9-3. Still easy win.

Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

Quote Originally Posted by That1SpeedFreak View Post
    So sure enough the day after i get the trans am out(first post btw) im running down a street where its 3 lanes on both sides and split by a center divider with the infamous michigan lefts. Well at one red light i saw a lifted truck try to burn out so i decided to teach him how it was done, and believe me my gf wasn't too happy about it. and now to the point, some type of saab pulled up next to me, kept staring at me, so we both launched when it turned green, and needless to say i stomped him as many times as we punched it for about 10 miles. once we were in cop territory we were going about 35 in a 40 and just talking through windows. The guy said and i quote "We werent going fast enough for my turbos to spool." Now im not too knowledgeable about FI but when your going 70 mph you should be producing more than enough exhaust at high RPMs to spool Twin Turbos. Thought it was kinda funny because i went "Huntin fer mustangs" and found a saab... And than proceeded to embarrass him numerously. Always feels good to win
    haha nice kill
    1999 mbm Z m6/ forged 346, lt's, wires, ls6 intake, sts rear turbo.

*SOLD*2002 black ws6- <Bolt ons, ls6 heads, mild cam, dyno tune, full susp. and 4.10s> --440rwhp/395rwtq

Thread Information