Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Fuel Pump V-6

Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    lol... go buy another TA..

and cut the fuel door...
    will do hahahaha

i add big mofo wing to it fly like a 747 lol
    Last edited by Blackbird WS6; 05-17-2009 at 04:21 PM.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    lol Smittro will post up soon and all will be clear..

You 60* guys... lol
    Yes, Josh & Dom we are here......We are watching.............LOL
    Last edited by Smittro; 05-19-2009 at 11:38 AM.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Talking

You smell that? Smells like gas! Oh damn' you forgot to close the new fuel pump door! Quick open the windows!

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    You smell that? Smells like gas! Oh damn' you forgot to close the new fuel pump door! Quick open the windows!
    Never had fuel odor problem with any of the ones I have done.
    Forced you must live in Florida since usually the cat backs rust togenter and refuse to seperate most of the time.

Yo Da Lin The Valley..... astyles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Forced_Firebird View Post
    I have pulled many fuel tanks out in my driveway, on jackstands/ramps, and it doesn't take that long. Prop the car up in the rear with stands, front with ramps, put a jack under the differential and take the slack off the shocks. 2 bolts at the bottoms of the shocks, 4 bolts holding the sway bar to the axle housing and one bolt at the panhard to the axle housing, let the jack down and the rear will drop to the ground (don't forget the brake line bracket that holds the line to the body). Two more bolts and the tank can be pulled down far enough to do the swap. Trust me, it's not as bad as you guys seem to think.

Personally I wouldn't cut a hole in my or any of my customers' cars just to change a pump. If you need to change the pump more than once in the time you own your car, you are either 1) doing something wrong to toast pumps or 2.) had your car long enough to have 2 pump failures.

Just my thoughts, take it of leave it. The fbody is a unibody car that can already twist/crack under severe driving conditions, not my cup of tea to be hacking into one for something so simple.
    you forgot to add to your list the faulty walbro pump(they recalled) and the need for a better fuel line in california because the gas here eats regular fuel lines....so my 3 times in there were alot better with a hatch....btw if i were your customer i would want the choice so as to reduce cost not for it to be at your discretion

1994 Z28 MQBM
    2001 SS #1629 LPM

Quote Originally Posted by GTP231 View Post
    Forced you must live in Florida since usually the cat backs rust togenter and refuse to seperate most of the time.
    Nor will anyone have a fuel odor problem with the cutout. He's just stirring the pot.
    Once it seats on the o-ring and the lock ring is turned in place it seals itself tight.

Carry on No cutters.

Sofa King we Todd did

Black
    1990 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by GTP231 View Post
    Cut the exhaust and put a slip coupler on it if you don't have a welder. I have also been able to drop the hangers and make it, but you have to be a contortionist sometimes to do that. While yes I do live in FL, you have to remember that most of the people living here are from up north, very few born/raised here, and they bring their cars with them. While yes, I was able to remove my y-pipe bolts without snapping them, no such luck on the '94 Camaro I'm working on from VA

Quote Originally Posted by astyles View Post
    you forgot to add to your list the faulty walbro pump(they recalled) and the need for a better fuel line in california because the gas here eats regular fuel lines....so my 3 times in there were alot better with a hatch....btw if i were your customer i would want the choice so as to reduce cost not for it to be at your discretion
    Man, sounds like you got dealt a bad hand

I don't even tell them that is an option. It's not going to take that much longer to pull the tank vs cutting up the car, working through a little tiny hole, making new fuel connections etc, and sealing it properly. Sure if there was a hole already there, I'd use it and charge accordingly.

To each his own, just not something we do at my shop.

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

Quote Originally Posted by Forced_Firebird View Post
    Cut the exhaust and put a slip coupler on it if you don't have a welder. I have also been able to drop the hangers and make it, but you have to be a contortionist sometimes to do that. While yes I do live in FL, you have to remember that most of the people living here are from up north, very few born/raised here, and they bring their cars with them. While yes, I was able to remove my y-pipe bolts without snapping them, no such luck on the '94 Camaro I'm working on from VA

Man, sounds like you got dealt a bad hand

I don't even tell them that is an option. It's not going to take that much longer to pull the tank vs cutting up the car, working through a little tiny hole, making new fuel connections etc, and sealing it properly. Sure if there was a hole already there, I'd use it and charge accordingly.

To each his own, just not something we do at my shop.
    Ha i get the bastards that refuse to have they're fucking slowmaster cat backs cut

Black
    1999,Camaro z28

good idea my Dad did that like 9 years ago

Thread Information