Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fuel Pump V-6

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Quote Originally Posted by GTP231 View Post
    That and swapping out the pump in the sending unit for a 255
    People dont like cutting up their car but mods apparently dont matter??

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

When its 200 or so more to drop the tank most people say cut it

black
    1987 chevy 4x4

fuel pump swap

can't see cutting on my ride for that...i vote drop the tank pick ups lift the bed....butch ps chevys rule

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by butch harris View Post
    can't see cutting on my ride for that...i vote drop the tank pick ups lift the bed....butch ps chevys rule
    Agreed. Any cutting or making of holes in the uni-body will be considered structural "damage" at resale time. Which will lower its resale value. Just like a car thats been wrecked. I would never buy a car with pieces cut out by a previous owner. I call these "walk away cars".

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wink

When its 200 or so more to drop the tank most people say cut it
    Would never pay to have the pump changed. But if 200 bucks seems like a lot of money. Then maybe a sports car is'nt for them. I dont know about you but I can spend 200 in my sleep. I spend half that just taking the wife and I out for dinner. Seems kinda like buying a dragster and then worry what kind of gas mileage it gets. Dont make much sence to lose possibly thousands in resale for a 200 dollar one time fix.

1994 Z28 MQBM
    2001 SS #1629 LPM

Good job having the balls to cut the panel. Most folks think their cars are worth a million dollars and wont do it.

Yo Da Lin The Valley..... astyles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    most of the people on this site would rather cut it.. its about 60/40 on drilling the hole. What happens when your fuel pump goes out on a road trip? Tow bill + fuel pump bill plus install bill(for you guys that dont do it yourself instead of having a bud pick you up a pump and tools and change it there.

GM should have made an access panel there.
    +1 i have had to redo the install 3 times.....once because the fuel line blew off......the next time was for a new one because of the walbro failing.......last time was to make sure the fuel line was still ok

i think it is funny how folks talk about these cars like they are something special that if you make an acess hole .........wow

White
    2008 Hummer H3

.....and I find it funny how folks will spend more time figureing out how to "jerry rig" something to make things easier than it would take to do it right. Like I said before if you guys want to cut a hole in it go for it. It's your car. Personally I payed $15,000 for my camaro cant see cutting holes in suck a large investment....I prefer to drive cars with the ZERO body damage. Enjoy your holes.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    .....and I find it funny how folks will spend more time figureing out how to "jerry rig" something to make things easier than it would take to do it right. Like I said before if you guys want to cut a hole in it go for it. It's your car. Personally I payed $15,000 for my camaro cant see cutting holes in suck a large investment....I prefer to drive cars with the ZERO body damage. Enjoy your holes.

That isnt jerry rigging. Given example you have a wall knocked out in your house and add a door... is that rigging???

NO difference...

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    :blah it's what the dumb asses at g.m. should have done in the 1st place..........and investment........ money pit

White
    1999 Firehawk

Smile

I'm very surprised in the reactions I am getting from this.

All I wanted was to show what I did but somehow I ended up starting a riot.

To each his own.

Quote Originally Posted by flipsutter View Post

To each his own.
    true.......it always ends up being like this on these sorts of posts....truth is both arrive at the same result,but some folks feel there is more value in going the longer route and some dont........i'm sure that very few filks would ever know if the pump was replaced and if so how the job was done and if it was done by a qualified person and not some guy who doesnt really know what they are doing.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by astyles View Post
    :blah it's what the dumb asses at g.m. should have done in the 1st place..........and investment........ money pit
    you maybe right. However my 01 Camaro has not ever been a money pit. Warrenty replaced the power stearing pump 3 yrs ago. That's all. Can't take ANY car out and beat the shit out of it and expect not to have to spend money on it.
    Last edited by Smittro; 05-07-2009 at 09:16 AM.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by flipsutter View Post

To each his own.
    Nah no riot bud. Just friendly disagrements and discussion. Some will cut them some wont is all.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    That isnt jerry rigging. Given example you have a wall knocked out in your house and add a door... is that rigging???

NO difference...
    Okay Josh, like I was sayin' in chat bud, removations to a home raise it's value. Cutting holes for whatever reason in ANY car is considered "damage" at resale time. Very very big difference. But I'll say it again like I did in my first post. If folks want to cut their cars, I say go for it, it's your car to with as you guys please......

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

Unless your car says Meecham, Berger, Black Bird or Super Hawk you're pretty much delusional in thinking these cars will be worth what 1st and early 2nd gen cars fetch. You paid 15 for that V6 in 03 right?

Black/Carbon
    95 Camaro

If mine fails im cutting and fabbin a door. Its a v6 regular nothing special. I have already cut the roof for t tops, thrown away the rear axel and brakes, thrown away the front spindles and brakes I have no idea where the regular hatch or glass is my 95 front end is in a landfill some where also ... I look @ all that as 'custom upgrades'. I can make it look like a bad ass ls1 that goes faster and stops quicker but when it comes down it it I'll never get what I put into it. I love it and don't plan to sell it. Yes I have 200 extra to drop it and do it the ' correct gm' way but who's to say that's right if gm did it wrong to start off with why should I continue .. Look @ our(3.4) top end its so wrong ... I like it to fit my needs . But 2 each his own

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Unless your car says Meecham, Berger, Black Bird or Super Hawk you're pretty much delusional in thinking these cars will be worth what 1st and early 2nd gen cars fetch. You paid 15 for that V6 in 03 right?
    Opps my bad it was more like somewhere between 12-15. I have no delusions about anything. First of all like I've said over and over If you guys want to cut a hole in your cars or what ever go for it. I dont care if it's a gold plated yugo. At trade in time this mod to the body would be considered Damage and go to lessen resale value period. Just because I own a V6 Camaro dont mean a damn thing, (still a Camaro) period. I dont have to buy a fast car off the shelf. I have the resources to make any car I own fast. I make sports car and sport coupe puchases more based on over all quality and the shape the car is in. Such as, no rust, never wrecked, never repainted, no body mods by previous owners, low mileage and so forth. I own cars with ZERO damage and I walk away from cut ups. I play with real fuckin money son, and when I mod my vehicles I do complete nose to tail mechanicals all at once. I dont do to much " a part here and a part there stuff ", except for repairs. When I do a project it's all or nothing period. I strip them down and put them back together the way I like them to be. I've got more money in my (one time) first build on my z-34 then some folks spend over the entire time they own their cars. I build them safe and reliable too cause I travel and put my family in my cars. I dont play games when it comes to money or mods period. I dont build dragters out of street cars, I like clean reliable power. I dont drive 4-doors and I'm not a pickup guy either. I like to corner as well as go fast. I some times (for fun) drift my Lumina and just cutting holes in the structure of my car is a no no. If I was to cut that hole where you guys are talking, I would fadricate a tubular steel frame around the area for support and then a sealed access panel because that's the "right" way to do it... But like I've said if he wants a hole in his car then cut the fucker in half for all I care, go for it.......... Have a good one bye bye now......
    Last edited by Smittro; 05-09-2009 at 12:29 PM.

Black/Carbon
    95 Camaro

^^^ how I feel for the most part ... the first cut is always the most scary

Thread Information