Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: STI Wrx

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Turrry View Post
    8.58 in 1/8th on factory tires, and less than 3k miles. FACTORY STOCK.
    that's just due to the fact they have training wheels--- it has nothing to do with a "superior engine" or anything like that.

Onyx Black, M6
    2001 SS Convertible #4498

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    You may have very well put down 290whp on a dyno in a 05 sti with a CAI and CBE. But that doesnt mean its a real number, that dyno was NOT a mustang dyno and on dyno jets like i said EVOs and STIs put down 260-270whp. But they are many thing a tuner cna change on a dyno to make the numbers seem higher. First off a cat back exhaust and cold air intake on the ej25 engine does almost nothing unless your tuned for it, i know this because i have tuned many subies including my own legacy gt. I wish you had some dyno charts from when you were stock, because most 2.5 turbo subies will gain 10whp from the mods you had and no tuning. Which would mean you would make 280whp stock which is way high.

Im not some import hater, i have a supra, a honda crotch rocket and a subaru legacy gt(same long block as your 05 STI) that i own. So i know what the sti engine can and cant do, and buddy it cant make 290whp with a CAI and CBE unless tuned and or the dyno was adjusted to inflate numbers
    Where did I say cat back exhaust? it was 3" from the turbo back including one piece 3" DP (see my first post)....custom made by Buschur racing. The CAI was the injen piece and performed very well IMO.

"Car drop" all you want, I know what I know.

BTW, here's the link to the shop that dyno'd it http://www.automotionky.com/

....oh, and look at that,

Quote Originally Posted by Website
    At Auto-Motion, we utilize "state of the art" Mustang Chassis Dynamometers to help optimize the performance and drivability of your vehicle. We house both a MD-1750-RWD and a MD-500-AWD chassis dyno. These chassis dynamometers allow us to read your vehicles horse power and torque curves throughout the entire range of engine rpms, as well as datalog diagnostic data such as real time air-fuel ratio's and rpm. These dynamometers are both "load bearing" which allows us, and you, to see exactly what your engine is doing in a simulated real-world enviroment.

Onyx Black, M6

Guess maybe I'll get backpeddling saying "well you didnt say DP"...blah blah. I clearly stated what the car had to begin with. STOCK BOOST, STOCK TUNE, NO "magic" on the dyno.

Onyx Black, M6

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    that's just due to the fact they have training wheels--- it has nothing to do with a "superior engine" or anything like that.
    a 150ci engine making 300fwhp stock is not impressive? Nowhere did I say superior, I don't think it's superior to the LS1 in the least.

silver
    2002 ws6

a 150ci engine making 300fwhp stock is not impressive? Nowhere did I say superior, I don't think it's superior to the LS1 in the least.
    it's not impressive to me--- all they do is boost the shit out of it to make power. all you end up with is an engine that produces very little power unless its wound out right to the floor.

Onyx Black, M6

it's not impressive to me--- all they do is boost the shit out of it to make power. all you end up with is an engine that produces very little power unless its wound out right to the floor.
    I think the point that many have been trying to make in this thread though is that stock these things are NOT "wound out"...stock boost on an STi is pretty low really.

silver
    2002 ws6

I think the point that many have been trying to make in this thread though is that stock these things are NOT "wound out"...stock boost on an STi is pretty low really.
    well pump gas and reliability have their limits.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

OMG so it is a mustang dyno, they are completely boosting the numbers to make it look better. A mustang dyno with a new 08+ STI with a CAI and turbo back exhaust system wont even put down 260whp without a tune, so how did your 05 with a smaller turbo put down 290whp? They gave you a chart with boost numbers PERIOD.

I only named dropped to tell you that im not one of the guys saying the sti cant make good power and i know what they can make as i have a very simular setup in my legacy and i have tuned STIs before.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 04-23-2009 at 09:56 AM.

Arctic White, red/gray

well pump gas and reliability have their limits.
    Yes they do and like i said the new evo and STIs are putting down 310-340whp with stock turbos and 93 octane tunes and bolt ons. 100whp over stock.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 04-23-2009 at 10:04 AM.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

15PSI is "pretty low"?? I hope you're kidding, thats a significant amount of boost.

Its even more significant considering that these motors aren't forged. Turn the boost up and your engine will end up like the one we have in our shop, cooked rods and bearings. Anything over 300WHP and you're on borrowed time.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Yes they do and like i said the new evo and STIs are putting down 310-340whp with stock turbos and 93 octane tunes and bolt ons. 100whp over stock.
    I love all this heresay and exaggerated claims.

This isn't an STI or Evo forum, we don't know these people making these claims, the extent of their mods, what dyno they are on, or the conditions that they are under.

You are always so quick to post up extravagant numbers, theres much more to it than just "stock turbos and pump gas" to put down 100WHP over stock. You make it sound simple and cheap, when in reality its far from it.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    I love all this heresay and exaggerated claims.

This isn't an STI or Evo forum, we don't know these people making these claims, the extent of their mods, what dyno they are on, or the conditions that they are under.

You are always so quick to post up extravagant numbers, theres much more to it than just "stock turbos and pump gas" to put down 100WHP over stock. You make it sound simple and cheap, when in reality its far from it.
    No really it isnt, people put down 300whp in ghetto stage two setups. Which is oem down pipe and oem up pipe with the cats gutted out and a open source tune or protune. Its about 30 in gaskets, 100 for a tune from a online tuner or 300 for a protune and thats it 300whp and 270-280whp in a legacy gt with the same setup. so 200-500 bucks and you gained 60whp over stock, sounds cheap and simple to me cause i did it 40kmiles ago and guess what i havent had any problems infact the car runs smoother than it did before the tune.

As for anything over 300whp and your on borrowed time is a complete lie. As long as your car is tuned correctly 300whp is just as safe as stock. The more comments you make about the STI engine the more and more you prove to me you know nothing about it, which makes me wonder why im even trying to convience you of anything when you base all your remarks off of import hating and not off of real world results or facts.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 04-23-2009 at 11:36 AM.

Silver
    2002 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Look around. I'm not going to waste my time on you proving something about LS1 cars on an LS1 forum.

No car gains 80WHP with "just a tune".

Its called "cranking up the boost". Interesting how you leave that part of the "tune" out

In one word...yes. You get that nice shove in the seat in 1st-3rd gear, but after that its just dead in the water. Tach and speedo slowwwwly climb once you bang 4th.
    jeez, well i always knew they couldnt hang with an f-body, but i still thought they were decent cars. whole new perspective. lol

Onyx Black, M6

OMG so it is a mustang dyno, they are completely boosting the numbers to make it look better. A mustang dyno with a new 08+ STI with a CAI and turbo back exhaust system wont even put down 260whp without a tune, so how did your 05 with a smaller turbo put down 290whp? They gave you a chart with boost numbers PERIOD.

I only named dropped to tell you that im not one of the guys saying the sti cant make good power and i know what they can make as i have a very simular setup in my legacy and i have tuned STIs before.

So now they are boosting the #'s...? LMAO Ok man, whatever makes you feel better. I guess since you are an "authority" on these (which you obviously aren't) than I shouldn't trust my local authorities and call BS on every single one of their dyno claims. please...posts like this one are based solely on conjecture and back it up with NOTHING, I at least have witnesses, and #s to back it up.

and 300whp is on borrowed time...? Ok, now you guys are just doing this on purpose. Please tell me no one with any sense would actually say something like that. Obviously you don't know
    these cars.

And I didnt know that a 30whp gain with 3" TBE (including off-road DP) and intake was unreasonable....it's certainly not unreasonable for LS1's to do it with intake and full (headers) exhaust....

Arctic White, red/gray

So now they are boosting the #'s...? LMAO Ok man, whatever makes you feel better. I guess since you are an "authority" on these (which you obviously aren't) than I shouldn't trust my local authorities and call BS on every single one of their dyno claims. please...posts like this one are based solely on conjecture and back it up with NOTHING, I at least have witnesses, and #s to back it up.

and 300whp is on borrowed time...? Ok, now you guys are just doing this on purpose. Please tell me no one with any sense would actually say something like that. Obviously you don't know
    these cars.

And I didnt know that a 30whp gain with 3" TBE (including off-road DP) and intake was unreasonable....it's certainly not unreasonable for LS1's to do it with intake and full (headers) exhaust....
    You cant compare you picking up 30whp with a full exhaust and intake to a ls1 doing it. Ls1 get huge gains from bolt ons, STI engines dont unless they are tuned for it as i have said 50 times. Your 05 STI did not make 290whp with those mods and no tune PERIOD, it happens all the time some kid saying i made these numbers because the dyno was programed for it. I belong to many legacy and subaru forums and i see atleast 1 thread a week of soem guy with a legacy making 300whp on stock turbo which is impossible for the stock LEGACY turbo to do that on 93 octane. And its because the dyno has a correction factor set wrong either because the shop wants you to think they have god like tuners or because the shop has no idea how to setup a dyno for real world numbers.

I am arguing with wesman that evos and stis can make good power but i have to argue with you that they dont make as good of power as you say Lol this is getting tiring.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 04-23-2009 at 11:53 AM.

Arctic White, red/gray

Here is something to think about 2005 STI dynoed on cobbs dyno stage 2 which is the same mods your car had but with a tune aswell which is WHERE you get your power gains. It only put down 278whp, now i know cobb tunes are generic for all STIs so they dont get as much power as a protune that is made for your car(protuners can usually get 20-30more WHP than cobb) but atleast this car has a tune. So with the mods you had and a tune on top of that this STI still didnt make as much power as yours did. Know how i know your gay?

Thats how----------->http://www.cobbtuning.com/images/?id=3158

STI 240whp+ cold air intake which add 0hp with no tune+ full exhaust which adds 10whp with no tune= 255whp not 290whp
    Last edited by Zinergy; 04-23-2009 at 12:05 PM.

Onyx Black, M6

You cant compare you picking up 30whp with a full exhaust and intake to a ls1 doing it. Ls1 get huge gains from bolt ons, STI engines dont unless they are tuned for it as i have said 50 times. Your 05 STI did not make 290whp with those mods and no tune PERIOD, it happens all the time some kid saying i made these numbers because the dyno was programed for it. I belong to many legacy and subaru forums and i see atleast 1 thread a week of soem guy with a legacy making 300whp on stock turbo which is impossible for the stock LEGACY turbo to do that on 93 octane. And its because the dyno has a correction factor set wrong either because the shop wants you to think they have god like tuners or because the shop has no idea how to setup a dyno for real world numbers.

I am arguing with wesman that evos and stis can make good power but i have to argue with you that they dont make as good of power as you say Lol this is getting tiring.
    Ok, #1. A kid I am NOT. This shop dynos TONS of LS1's, in FACT that is their main bread and butter in this area....guess all the local LS1 guys #s are inflated too. That'll be a heartbreaker for them when I tell them an e-warrior said it so it must be the case....I mean, the opinion of someone on a web forum FAR outweighs a reputable performance shop that has been dynoing cars for years...

a TURBO car can not gain 30whp from intake and TBE, but an N/A car can??? Ok, man. I feel sorry for whatever "evo and sti" forums you belong to. I sure hope you aren't considered an authority there. When I dyno'd mine there were TONS of 05 STi's doing very near the SAME EXACT THING posting all over NASIOC with sheets. But wait...that can't be right, those #s must have been inflated too.

Onyx Black, M6

Here is something to think about 2005 STI dynoed on cobbs dyno stage 2 which is the same mods your car had but with a tune aswell which is WHERE you get your power gains. It only put down 278whp, now i know cobb tunes are generic for all STIs so they dont get as much power as a protune that is made for your car(protuners can usually get 20-30more WHP than cobb) but atleast this car has a tune. So with the mods you had and a tune on top of that this STI still didnt make as much power as yours did. Know how i know your gay?

Thats how----------->http://www.cobbtuning.com/images/?id=3158

STI 240whp+ cold air intake which add 0hp with no tune+ full exhaust which adds 10whp with no tune= 255whp not 290whp

Nice way to resort to name calling. Way to show your maturity. Cobb is GARBAGE you should know that. Their parts are garbage, their tunes are garbage. Is that an off-road DP car? Full 3" from turbo back?...

Arctic White, red/gray

Ok, #1. A kid I am NOT. This shop dynos TONS of LS1's, in FACT that is their main bread and butter in this area....guess all the local LS1 guys #s are inflated too. That'll be a heartbreaker for them when I tell them an e-warrior said it so it must be the case....I mean, the opinion of someone on a web forum FAR outweighs a reputable performance shop that has been dynoing cars for years...

a TURBO car can not gain 30whp from intake and TBE, but an N/A car can??? Ok, man. I feel sorry for whatever "evo and sti" forums you belong to. I sure hope you aren't considered an authority there. When I dyno'd mine there were TONS of 05 STi's doing very near the SAME EXACT THING posting all over NASIOC with sheets. But wait...that can't be right, those #s must have been inflated too.

They dyno ls1 cars on there AWD dyno? That shop is impressive lol

Those guys posting 290whp probably all had TUNES

Here is the reason the ls1 gains more power from flowing more air through the exhaust because its a much much larger engine opening the airways does alot more for it than a 2.5liter. The STI gains so much power with bolt ons and a tune is because of the tune raising the psi. The trick to a good tune is raising the psi but still keeping it reliable which is what data logging is for.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 04-23-2009 at 12:11 PM.

Onyx Black, M6

I'll be sure to post up my LS1 dyno numbers when I get them so you can tell me THOSE are inflated as well.....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information