Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am M6

Raptor hood back from the paint shop

I picked up my TA today from the guy who painted the hood. I bought the raptor hood from Suncoast creations. I liked the look of the induction ports on the raptor hood better than the factory ram air hood. The Hood was $820 with shipping and $300 at the paint shop. Money well spent in my opinion.

Last edited by black crowe; 04-11-2009 at 06:50 AM.

White
    1998 Trans Am

They only painted the hood on the car, didn't they? I just learned my prices are too cheap for painting hoods, thanks. I was only charging $200 to $250 depending on color.
    Last edited by RyanJM; 04-10-2009 at 07:13 PM.

2002 WS6

Looks pretty bad ass. Now do mine.

Awaiting Activation

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

looks great! Oh and nice color!

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJM View Post
    They only painted the hood on the car, didn't they? I just learned my prices are too cheap for painting hoods, thanks. I was only charging $200 to $250 depending on color.
    Shoot, I was just quoted $400 to paint just the body kit front lip on my car!

Hood looks great by the way, black crowe

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am M6

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJM View Post
    Yes, just the hood. The bottom side only has primer.

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am M6

Quote Originally Posted by TempleU_WS6 View Post
    looks great! Oh and nice color!
    Thanks! I love the metallic pewter. Looks like you have a pretty sweet ride too!

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am M6

Quote Originally Posted by Fung Bucko View Post
    Looks pretty bad ass. Now do mine.
    Thanks Fung Bucko! Sorry, but I am all out of money now.

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am M6

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    Shoot, I was just quoted $400 to paint just the body kit front lip on my car!

Hood looks great by the way, black crowe
    Thanks KahanaReef!

HERE WE GO STEELERS!!! michaelinchains's Avatar

black
    `99 GTP/`98 formy(sold)

very nice

None

I like it... looks alittle better then the stock WS6! I like the stock
    hood, just not the split in the middle.

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by SS02 View Post
    I like it... looks alittle better then the stock WS6! I like the stock
    hood, just not the split in the middle.
    Nah, I prefer the stocker more than anything or any other hood on the market.

To the OP, looks good

What kind of HP gain do you get from the Suncoast vs the OEM style?

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am M6

Quote Originally Posted by blackmetal View Post
    What kind of HP gain do you get from the Suncoast vs the OEM style?
    I have no gain as of yet. I am going to buy an interface box that will allow the air a direct path into the intake. Below is from the Suncoast website.

A: It is impossible to give an exact value because your results depend on many factors. A true functional ram air hood improves the performance of your ride in the same way a supercharger or turbocharger boosts the air inlet pressure mechanically. Functional Ram Air uses the forward motion of your vehicle to provide the same boost. Additionally, you’ll experience lower air inlet temperatures, unobstructed air flow into your engine air intake at all speeds, and even lower engine compartment temperatures if heat extractors are incorporated into the hood. This high flow rate of cold air into the intake, of course, is what is providing the increased horsepower and reduced fuel consumption. Studies done by the OEM's in the 70's showed improvements of 10 to 15 Hp using ram air. We have customers that claim our hood added over 25 Hp. Converting this added power to better gas mileage is up to you and your driving practices. Of course, a simple restyling hood or glue on scoop has ZERO possibility of providing any of these benefits. My own experience with my 2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Diesel was about a 10% increase (~1.7 miles per gallon) with the installation of the hood and interface to my stock airbox.

Black
    2001 Firebird TransAm WS6

Quote Originally Posted by black crowe View Post
    I have no gain as of yet. I am going to buy an interface box that will allow the air a direct path into the intake. Below is from the Suncoast website.

A: It is impossible to give an exact value because your results depend on many factors. A true functional ram air hood improves the performance of your ride in the same way a supercharger or turbocharger boosts the air inlet pressure mechanically. Functional Ram Air uses the forward motion of your vehicle to provide the same boost. Additionally, you’ll experience lower air inlet temperatures, unobstructed air flow into your engine air intake at all speeds, and even lower engine compartment temperatures if heat extractors are incorporated into the hood. This high flow rate of cold air into the intake, of course, is what is providing the increased horsepower and reduced fuel consumption. Studies done by the OEM's in the 70's showed improvements of 10 to 15 Hp using ram air. We have customers that claim our hood added over 25 Hp. Converting this added power to better gas mileage is up to you and your driving practices. Of course, a simple restyling hood or glue on scoop has ZERO possibility of providing any of these benefits. My own experience with my 2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Diesel was about a 10% increase (~1.7 miles per gallon) with the installation of the hood and interface to my stock airbox.
    so the gains are negligible?

Bright Purple Metallic
    1998 Trans Am

raptor

Quote Originally Posted by black crowe View Post

I bought the entire package from suncoast hood ,air box, and filter(k+n).
    the addition of a kn filter REAL FULL raim air and a more direct air flow increase my #'s by about 5 rwhp. the motor runs cooler with the heat extractors, and It only gets air from the scoops. I got better hp #s with laptop on seat driving than on dino. must be the forced air.

Bought mine in 98 was $1400 way back then when everything was expensive on these things. the weight gain from steel hood to this light thing is also a major factor, it took two men and a boy to move the old hood and my granny could lift this one!!lol

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am WS6 A4

Looks really nice and love the pewter metalllic paint job

Link, anyone? Sorry I am too lazy for Google lol.

Bright Red
    2000 TA Firehawk 0041/742

Hood looks great!
    2000 Pontiac Firehawk #0041 of 742

now greybat66

Red
    1998 trans am

i love that hood , i think its one of the cleanest hoods and look mean as hell.Love the color, i have the same color.

Thread Information