Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Still doesnt change the fact that the 02 camaro SS and 2010 camaro SS have the same MSRP, you said car prices have gone up, well the 8 years later its the same price top dog or not.
    LOL. Ok. Uncle. You win.

Say....what would a non-top dog 2010 Z28 cost today?

Also since GM hasnt even released the new z28 yet the SS is still camaro top dog.
    Ok. Not germane to the point I was trying to make, but given that said point went over you at about 30,000 ft.....ok.

The news of GM not putting any more money into performance cars makes one think the z28 might never even happen.
    No kidding? Could of swore I said something very similar. Perhaps we can agree on something? (which is a scary thought all by itself....)

PS....would you happen to know the MSRP of a no-option 2002 SS? How about a no-option 2010 SS? Or fully-optioned for both? I let the $33k vs $33k that you originally posted slide (as inaccurate as it was), but if you wish to get down to brass tacks....we can.

White
    09 G8 GT

Argue argue.....by the time the 2010 Z28 comes out a, 09 G8 GXP 6 speed GM certified with a few miles should be around the price of the SS. $$ left over for modding

According to most sources, the Z28 is on indefinite hold. Now that the government auditors have taken over and GM's CEO was forced to step down, the company is focusing more on more practical cars. Let's all be thankful that we still have a new Camaro and perfomance Ppntiac at this time to choose from.

And on that note, how the heck did Ford not have to get money like Chrysler and GM did? I always thought they were the worse off. Now I just read today GM wants more money and Ford says it won't need any government help. It's crazy how things progress....

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by fox1x View Post
    According to most sources, the Z28 is on indefinite hold. Now that the government auditors have taken over and GM's CEO was forced to step down, the company is focusing more on more practical cars. Let's all be thankful that we still have a new Camaro and perfomance Ppntiac at this time to choose from.

And on that note, how the heck did Ford not have to get money like Chrysler and GM did? I always thought they were the worse off. Now I just read today GM wants more money and Ford says it won't need any government help. It's crazy how things progress....
    Ford was never worse off, they have mazda which is doing well and sold most if not all there stock in the british companys, like aston martin for 848mil and jaguar/land rover for 2 billion or something close to that. They are also making cars people like now, the new flex, taurus, focus are on alot of peoples wish lists believe it or not. IMO ford is the only real american company left, the rest are just government shells and imports built in america. Which saddens me greatly as i have always been a general motors fan
    Last edited by Zinergy; 04-16-2009 at 11:11 AM.

Magnetic
    2016 Shelby GT350

Ford was never worse off, they have mazda which is doing well and sold most if not all there stock in the british companys, like aston martin for 848mil and jaguar/land rover for 2 billion or something close to that. They are also making cars people like now, the new flex, taurus, focus are on alot of peoples wish lists believe it or not. IMO ford is the only real american company left, the rest are just government shells and imports built in america. Which saddens me greatly as i have always been a general motors fan
    And they sell a lot of Mustangs. Also, their CEO (Mulally) knows what he is doing just like when he was the CEO of Boeing.
    Last edited by 99 Kobra; 04-16-2009 at 11:34 AM.

Well then +1 to Ford.. Hopefully th General can follow suit.

Black
    2002 WS6

Bahh, this is all wrong, they're 1/4 mile muscle cars. Curvy roads be damned.

silver
    2002 ws6

Still doesnt change the fact that the 02 camaro SS and 2010 camaro SS have the same MSRP, you said car prices have gone up, well the 8 years later its the same price top dog or not. Also since GM hasnt even released the new z28 yet the SS is still camaro top dog. The news of GM not putting any more money into performance cars makes one think the z28 might never even happen.
    tha just tells ya how over priced an 02 camaro was

Thread Information