Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

I think it has one less intercooler and ofcourse tuning. Ive owned a 2001 BMW M3 and after having it for one year it cost me 4500.00 and im not talking about mods. Its a POS car after you come to a realization that you have to baby the thing as much as you can. I broke my diff with 249 rwtq, snapped the clutch in half, alternator and battery, Rear trailing arm bushing shot, rear seal of the diff would leak bad, doors wouldnt work, radio would turn off, squeeks and rattles like no tomorow, front end the paint chips very easy, rubbery shifter and aftermarket or stock parts are very expensive.

I came out good then some, lol. Many people had engine bearing problems, coil pack problems, subframe cracks especially on verts and so on, valves need adjusting sometimes on maintenance 2 which costs from 650-1400, rip off. Funny thing, ive owned 5 camaro's and all those problems that ive added up from one M3 doesnt come anywere near the amount of problem all 5 of my camaro's gave me put together. I hear so many people say german quality is one of the best, yes some have had goodluck and some never even drove some of the high performance cars to see how realiable they are.

Its a 4 door vette bitch! JOHN_DEERE_LS6's Avatar

Black Raven/Ebony cowskin
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge91 View Post
    The new CTS-V just looks bad ass. Its still a GM car, so the quality cant stand up 100%

here is your typical uninformed mindless drone that believes everything the biast anti-union media shoves down his 17 year old throat about american built cars... GM builds cars right on par if not better than any other manufacturer... pick up a jd power, car and driver, or consumer report, read it and get over the 80's, 90's gm quality mentality... its almsot 2010 and things have changed sonny....

Black
    2002 Camaro SS SLP

Quote Originally Posted by JOHN_DEERE_LS6 View Post
    here is your typical uninformed mindless drone that believes everything the biast anti-union media shoves down his 17 year old throat about american built cars... GM builds cars right on par if not better than any other manufacturer... pick up a jd power, car and driver, or consumer report, read it and get over the 80's, 90's gm quality mentality... its almsot 2010 and things have changed sonny....

Thats nice. There is 1 in the driveway where i live... so thanks for the input. The car is great.. but besides the Crooked top dash, squeaky doors, and orange peel on the trunk. But what would i know? I only drive it 40% of the time over my SS...
    2002 Camaro SS A4 - SLP# 2951 l MS4 l LT's w/ORY l F.A.S.T 78 & TB l Borla l Cutout l CME l TCI 3500 l 3.23's l !emissions l !sway

2005 Cadillac CTS-V

like i sed the car in your driveway isnt a reflection of the new GM...

Black
    2002 Camaro SS SLP

So a 2009 CTS V isnt? Cause that's whats in my driveway.. lol

Give me a place to stand. levityinc3's Avatar

Red
    2000 SS '89 IROC-Z

Thats nice. There is 1 in the driveway where i live... so thanks for the input. The car is great.. but besides the Crooked top dash, squeaky doors, and orange peel on the trunk. But what would i know? I only drive it 40% of the time over my SS...
    Orange peel? Is it made out of carbon fiber?

Black
    2002 Camaro SS SLP

Well its a orange look under the clear. You can see the orange in the sun near where the 'V' logo is.

Give me a place to stand. levityinc3's Avatar

Red
    2000 SS '89 IROC-Z

Interesting. I read something about the ZR1 that reminds me of what you're describing. They said that a yellow tint is visible through the paint, because most of it's carbon fiber, and it's tedious and expensive to paint carbon fiber because it doesn't like to stick. I didn't know the CTS-Vs had any carbon fiber, but it makes sense. What year is it?

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

My Z06 costs more than your CTS-V and it has orange peel too!

2005 Cadillac CTS-V

your gonna get that anywhere a car isnt painted by a person and relies on an automated process in stead... at least its not flaking off like the paint was when gm first went to galvinized/laminated sheet metal... i.e. 90 grand prix grand am etc.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Yeah ALOT if not all factory painted cars have orange peel

Black
    2005 GTO

Cts-v hands down. Would definetly like to have one of them as a DD one day.

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

The new CTS-V just looks bad ass. Its still a GM car, so the quality cant stand up 100% with BMW or Mercedes. But all the test prove performance wise that the Caddy is the best. I love the recaro seats and the outstanding handling/braking. And what is better than a sedan ''fastest production sedan in the world'' with all the high tech looks, comfort. And that 6.2 Supercharged engine? Only negative is that the damn wheels are super hard to keep clean. I blame brembo.

German cars are not what the hype claims them to be.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Quote Originally Posted by GTP231 View Post
    German cars are not what the hype claims them to be.
    From my limited experience with them, I couldn't agree more.

Stockitie Stock Stock 95camaroZNC's Avatar

Red
    1999 Trans Am

I worked on my Mothers BMW one time and i sware to god i will never do it again, not to mention its in the shop almost every week with something wrong. The old adage couldnt be more right, id take the CTS-v over the M5. I sat in one here at the autoshow and it was just such a nice car.

Orig Regist: 9/98

Black
    1998 Trans Am WS6 'Vert

Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post
    I think it has one less intercooler and ofcourse tuning. Ive owned a 2001 BMW M3 and after having it for one year it cost me 4500.00 and im not talking about mods. Its a POS car after you come to a realization that you have to baby the thing as much as you can. I broke my diff with 249 rwtq, snapped the clutch in half, alternator and battery, Rear trailing arm bushing shot, rear seal of the diff would leak bad, doors wouldnt work, radio would turn off, squeeks and rattles like no tomorow, front end the paint chips very easy, rubbery shifter and aftermarket or stock parts are very expensive.

I came out good then some, lol. Many people had engine bearing problems, coil pack problems, subframe cracks especially on verts and so on, valves need adjusting sometimes on maintenance 2 which costs from 650-1400, rip off. Funny thing, ive owned 5 camaro's and all those problems that ive added up from one M3 doesnt come anywere near the amount of problem all 5 of my camaro's gave me put together. I hear so many people say german quality is one of the best, yes some have had goodluck and some never even drove some of the high performance cars to see how realiable they are.
    I'd say that testimony speaks much more loudly about the GM vs BMW quality debate than an owner's complaints about squeeks, dash alignment and orange peel. I don't think anyone is arguing that BMW initial quality is a notch above GM's (at an exhorberant price I might add), but the vehicle's ability to take abuse and not drain your wallet is a better indicator of real-world quality, value and overall cost of ownership. That leaves the ONLY thing that a BMW badge has over GM is snob appeal. Go ahead, knock yourself out, but I'd take a '09 CTS-V over a M5 anyday.

Johnny B - '98 "Triple Black" WS6 Convert, M6, All Options, ASC #3030 (1 of 50)
    KBDDSFC, DGM C/F Tonneau, MTI C/F Lid, K&N, HPP-III, 160 T-stat, Pro 5.0
    Link to Firebird Production Breakdowns

yellow
    02 Collector Edition TA

If we are complaining about GM orange peel, walk over a look at new Toyotas and Nissans, they look like boces students painted them. I've seen new infinitys that look the same way.

White
    09 G8 GT

How do you guys think the older LS6 V's are holding up? quite a performance bargain..

red
    2002 ss camaro

Quote Originally Posted by HioSSilver View Post
    I've worked on BMW's for years. Trust me , when you start beatin' on those cars they turn into a heaping pile of shit in a real big hurry. BMW's are no where near as good as their marketing propiganda(?) is. They do a nice job on there spring/shock combo and the rest of it is plastic cliped together piece of crap.
    the heads and cam are different I believe smaller valves and less cam

Thread Information