blue
    99z28 a4

had a lil fun 2day

yesterday my buddy and i are riding around, and we pull onto to the freeway and a 240sx i think is flying on the freeway so i haul ass after him then we get off after 2 exits my buddy says lets race at the light the drivers yells "fuck that shit" i guess the open headers scared him off. today we are outside admiring our cars and a kid pulls up with his civic and says he jus ran a 14 FLAT at the track. i said damn not bad then we race a few times from some rolls 20-40 he i demolish him every time then he gives up. im assuming he was boosted since i heard the blowoff wen he pulled up nothing special but not many quick cars around here i jus have flowtech lt's a lid and a k&n filter a4 99 z28 with 225's all the way around maybe i should have bought some better tires instead of headers well not actually i love the sound but now its time 2 put a y-pipe on

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

So you have headers but no y-pipe? you running open headers?

blue
    99z28 a4

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    So you have headers but no y-pipe? you running open headers?
    yea for now

silver
    2002 ws6

there's no way a 240 would be scared of you... they have a bullet proof rear end! BULLET PROOF!

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Ieatstangs View Post
    yesterday my buddy and i are riding around, and we pull onto to the freeway and a 240sx i think is flying on the freeway so i haul ass after him then we get off after 2 exits my buddy says lets race at the light the drivers yells "fuck that shit" i guess the open headers scared him off. today we are outside admiring our cars and a kid pulls up with his civic and says he jus ran a 14 FLAT at the track. i said damn not bad then we race a few times from some rolls 20-40 he i demolish him every time then he gives up. im assuming he was boosted since i heard the blowoff wen he pulled up nothing special but not many quick cars around here i jus have flowtech lt's a lid and a k&n filter a4 99 z28 with 225's all the way around maybe i should have bought some better tires instead of headers well not actually i love the sound but now its time 2 put a y-pipe on
    He may have said that cause with open headers in Cali you're prob a cop magnet at WOT. But I'm just guessin'. But I bet you sound good up at the top though.

blue
    99z28 a4

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    He may have said that cause with open headers in Cali you're prob a cop magnet at WOT. But I'm just guessin'. But I bet you sound good up at the top though.
    yes it does i love it

whenever i see them i just take my foot off the gas and coast it helps a little i haven't got a ticket yet

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

yea for now
    no wonder the kid said fuck that
    Last edited by mrr23; 03-30-2009 at 02:23 PM.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Being from Texas i always get a kick out of yall talking about exhausts being cop magnets. I used to work with a guy, he was running a 406 with 11:1 compression with open headers. cops only came by if he was working on it (i.e. pegging the tach at 12am) but it was always to admire.

My exhaust rusted though behind the cat on my truck, hit a nice pothole and everything from the cat back fell off, i ran it like that for 3 months

Onyx Black
    2002 SLP Camaro SS

yea for now
    In California? I thoght that was a "Tree Hugger" state

Black
    1999 Z28 Convert

Uh get new tires really soon please. It should be illegal to run 225s on a camaro

Awaiting Activation

Black
    2001 Camaro Z28 A4

How in the heck does someone get traction in a V8 Camaro with only 225's? I have 315's and still can't get good traction from a dig.

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    there's no way a 240 would be scared of you... they have a bullet proof rear end! BULLET PROOF!
    True story.

Mine is still hanging in there on slicks with 500+whp and 140mph trap. Has the J30 final drive for the limited slip and taller gearing, but the differential is stock Nissan.

My LS1 240SX has one too. Holding up fine on drag radials.

No mercy on Nissan rear diffs.

Stockitie Stock Stock 95camaroZNC's Avatar

Red
    1999 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by yyun View Post
    How in the heck does someone get traction in a V8 Camaro with only 225's? I have 315's and still can't get good traction from a dig.
    I get traction in my car with radials on it, no problem lol. Im running 245s though.

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    True story.

Mine is still hanging in there on slicks with 500+whp and 140mph trap. Has the J30 final drive for the limited slip and taller gearing, but the differential is stock Nissan.

My LS1 240SX has one too. Holding up fine on drag radials.

No mercy on Nissan rear diffs.
    i see. sorta like a 12 bolt or 9" ford.

the stock 10 bolt in my 86 grand prix just made about 5 miles with 500 hp

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    i see. sorta like a 12 bolt or 9" ford.

the stock 10 bolt in my 86 grand prix just made about 5 miles with 500 hp
    I've launched the car many times on slicks off the 2 step with 500+whp. The only thing that's ever gone wrong in the rear is I broke the stock 192k mile axle once (nothing dramatic though) after relentless beatings over the course of 4 years while building the car up. I'm running newer stock axles, seem to hold up great. If they start breaking in the future, I'll go with aftermarket axles. IRS cars don't like hard launches like you solid axle guys.

My LS1 240 doesn't have enough power to warrant breaking a Nissan diff, so nothing to talk about here.

Just like any car, the diffs aren't indestructible, they do go out at some point yet I haven't seen it at my horsepower levels, but for most people they will hold any setup you throw at them. The only shitty thing is they are VLSD fluid based. They lock strong, but over time and many miles the fluid loses its viscosity and doesn't lock as hard, such as the nature with most VLSD.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    I've launched the car many times on slicks off the 2 step with 500+whp. The only thing that's ever gone wrong in the rear is I broke the stock 192k mile axle once (nothing dramatic though) after relentless beatings over the course of 4 years while building the car up. I'm running newer stock axles, seem to hold up great. If they start breaking in the future, I'll go with aftermarket axles. IRS cars don't like hard launches like you solid axle guys.

My LS1 240 doesn't have enough power to warrant breaking a Nissan diff, so nothing to talk about here.

Just like any car, the diffs aren't indestructible, they do go out at some point yet I haven't seen it at my horsepower levels, but for most people they will hold any setup you throw at them. The only shitty thing is they are VLSD fluid based. They lock strong, but over time and many miles the fluid loses its viscosity and doesn't lock as hard, such as the nature with most VLSD.
    And what size ring gear is in a 240sx diff??
    Last edited by mrr23; 03-30-2009 at 02:25 PM.

Red
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V

jeebus 225's??? my dumbass friend has 235's on his nhra ws6 and there's 0 traction....i had 285's and i had to baby the throttle on launch

Thread Information