Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Will i win?

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

how good of driver is your buddy? you should have him if you pick how the race is set up to your advantage.

Navy Blue
    1998 Trans-Am

Quote Originally Posted by egod View Post
    How much high way do you do? You can still go with a steeper gear, say 3.73's and still only be at 2000 rpm @ 60 mph. Depending on how much highway I would go with the 3.73 as long as your gonna both changing it. JMO
    i might do the 3:73 gears i'm not real sure though. what is the rpm with the 3:42 do you know at 60?

Navy Blue
    1998 Trans-Am

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    how good of driver is your buddy? you should have him if you pick how the race is set up to your advantage.
    he's not that great but i think he might pull on me between 35-50 slightly but i think i'll catch up pretty quick after that and take the lead around 90-95 or so...
    Last edited by Catch22; 03-26-2009 at 12:44 PM.

Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Catch22 View Post
    i might do the 3:73 gears i'm not real sure though. what is the rpm with the 3:42 do you know at 60?
    you would be at about 1850 rpm with the 3.42 so you might as well go 3.73.
    Or just say fuck it and get 4.10s and cruise at 2300 rpm, depends on how much you wanna race vs how much highway

Navy Blue
    1998 Trans-Am

you would be at about 1850 rpm with the 3.42 so you might as well go 3.73.
    Or just say fuck it and get 4.10s and cruise at 2300 rpm, depends on how much you wanna race vs how much highway
    do you think this would be the type i'm interested in b/c it seems kinda cheap to me... also i seen the one's at the ws6store.com (motive) that where 190 so just check it out for me if you would.. i no that i gotta buy the kit as well.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/7-5-G...Q5fAccessories

Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Trans Am

It looks like it would work for you, i like the fact that it is GM too. I don't always trust ebay, and I would suggest talking to a sponsor as well of course. Summit has a set too for 135. But you can't really beat that price especially under the "buy it now" However it doesn't look like he has a return policy and it is "as is." He does have good feedback though

now greybat66

Red
    1998 trans am

just with my lid exhaust slp and bassani y pipe with, high flow cats and a tune and my car runs high 12s with 273 gears. There is no reason why u cant beat a mustang with 410 gears. You have more power and pull real hard with 273 gears at the top end.It should be your race.

Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by purplebat66 View Post
    just with my lid exhaust slp and bassani y pipe with, high flow cats and a tune and my car runs high 12s with 273 gears. There is no reason why u cant beat a mustang with 410 gears. You have more power and pull real hard with 273 gears at the top end.It should be your race.
    yeah but like we said it all comes down to how far they race and if it is from a roll or a dig

stop light to stop light or from a dig I think he has you as you sit now,

From a roll of 20-30 or for a 1/4 mile i think you got him

Navy Blue
    1998 Trans-Am

yeah but like we said it all comes down to how far they race and if it is from a roll or a dig

stop light to stop light or from a dig I think he has you as you sit now,

From a roll of 20-30 or for a 1/4 mile i think you got him
    yeah thats wut i was thinkin as well but ya never know... so you think the gm ones will be better i mean i'm kinda scared to buy them for 85 dollars as apposed to the 135 or 190... ya know?

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 (sold)

I think this will also come down to who is the better driver with their car....

Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

yeah thats wut i was thinkin as well but ya never know... so you think the gm ones will be better i mean i'm kinda scared to buy them for 85 dollars as apposed to the 135 or 190... ya know?
    yea.. do whatever you think is right, but IMO i would buy the ones from summit that are 135, thats what i was gonna do, but i got some 4.10s from a friend.
    1999 mbm Z m6/ forged 346, lt's, wires, ls6 intake, sts rear turbo.

*SOLD*2002 black ws6- <Bolt ons, ls6 heads, mild cam, dyno tune, full susp. and 4.10s> --440rwhp/395rwtq

Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Trans Am

I don't know about the material difference but at least it isn't something someone made in their garage (supposedly). I would just worry about not having a return policy, any good seller has a return policy of some kind

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

If you're accurate in your assessment of his car, you should kill him from a roll.

From a stop, if he hooks he's going to kill you out of the hole. You probably won't catch up by the 1/4.

Chris

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

just race him and tell us how it went.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

I know you guys get these all the time.... but here it goes my auto 98 t/a completely stock with the 273 gears or my buddy who has been talkin hella crap about how fast his 2000 manual gt with an intake, cut out, 410's and a B n M shifter is. Thanks for your time sorry again about the post just really wanted to know what you guys think.

A stock 2000 GT is about 220 RWHP, intake and cut out will give him at the most 235 RWHP and thats being real generous. If he can hook with the 4.10's he will keep up with you off the line or pull on you a bit but id still doubt that the A4's if you know how to pedal it will take off decent. You will start to easily pass him above 80+ mph and should have no issues winning the race. Honestly for all the crap talking he is doing he is gonna need alot more then what he's got on his car to be able to beat you and is for a rude awakening.
    Last edited by karpetcm; 03-30-2009 at 07:21 AM.

Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post
    A stock 2000 GT is about 220 RWHP, intake and cut out will give him at the most 235 RWHP and thats being real generous. If he can hook with the 4.10's he will keep up with you off the line or pull on you a bit but id still doubt that the A4's if you know how to pedal it will take off decent. You will start to easily pass him above 80+ mph and should have no issues winning the race. Honestly for all the crap talking he is doing he is gonna need alot more then what he's got on his car to be able to beat you and is for a rude awakening.
    +1 for sho

Black 99 Z71
    Red 01 Z28 M6

Remember too that if you race from a roll, your car will take a split second to downshift, and he will be in the correct gear, ready to go. I would probably do it from a dig, hold the brake with your left foot and push on the gas some with your right (dont powerbrake it though!), and hope he spins some. 4:10's can be tricky and he could either get too excited and spin too much, or be too scared to spin and bog it down off the line. Thats just my opinion though. Anxious to hear the outcome, but I'll bet on you.
    2001 Z28 M6
    SLP Loudmouth 1 catback, functional ram air hood, Pro 5.0 shifter, free mods, HSW wet nitrous kit

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by zachj03 View Post
    Remember too that if you race from a roll, your car will take a split second to downshift, and he will be in the correct gear, ready to go. I would probably do it from a dig, hold the brake with your left foot and push on the gas some with your right (dont powerbrake it though!), and hope he spins some. 4:10's can be tricky and he could either get too excited and spin too much, or be too scared to spin and bog it down off the line. Thats just my opinion though. Anxious to hear the outcome, but I'll bet on you.
    just drop it down manually then shift it out as you're going

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    just drop it down manually then shift it out as you're going
    i wouldnt even do that, i would just pick a speed where i would already be in my powerband

Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Trans Am

just make sure you are in third and not drive. That was you will downshift and use all the clutch pacs. then depending on how far you race you can just up shift to drive.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information