Thread: G35 on NOS

lee1rbc

G35 on NOS

Today as I'm heading home and getting ready to take the 540 exit a guy in a 4dr G35 comes up and cuts infront of me. Now the exit is a left turn ramp exit that has a stop light. He was now the first car and I was right behind him at the red light. Well I look at his plate and he has a NOS plate cover on it. Hmmmm, now I think I see why he cut me off.

Well the light turns green and off he goes(with me tight on his rear) and I can tell he wants to take the exit ramp fast to see if I can hang. At about half way thru the ramp he starts to get squirly and I still have more so I shoot to the right of him and pass him coming up the ramp. After that he jumps two lanes over and I get stuck behind a car, not wanting to be jerk and cutting him off I let him pass. I then jump in his lane and real him in. When I pull beside him he is giving me a thumbs up and to my suprise he looked to be in his 50's. So I roll down my window and yell at him "you have NOS?" And he says "YES!" I say "Are you using it." "YES!" So I then said "lets go", and we slow down to about fifty holding the traffic behind us count to three and hit it. I run out second and hit drive, at this point I am a car length and walking, as hes falling away I can then see him smile and raise his thumb. By 95mph I'm 3 cars ahead and the verdict is done so I let off. I then pulled into the slow lane (were I normally drive ) and he comes beside me and asks "Is your car stock?" realizing I couldn't explain at 65pmh shouting out a window that I have done free mods and an air lid I yell "almost" and smile.

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Nice one...

Pontiac = 1
    Infinity = 0

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

great kill, its always good when the other guy is cool whether he loses or not

The Rookie
    [QUOTE=lee1rbc]When I pull beside him he is giving me a thumbs up and to my suprise he looked to be in his 50's.QUOTE]

Wasn't Sarge driving the wifeee's car was it?? Oh that's right 50 is a youngin to Sarge!

lee1rbc
    Thanks,
    What I liked was that He wanted to compare His car to mine so nobody was doing fly bys or trying to get the jump. He definitely waited for me to pull back up and go at it again. Also he had that look like (I didn't know those cars were that fast)look. I don't think he's going to trade in Infinity for an F-body but I think he has a new respect for these cars.

Pewter
    02' Z28 Vert

Quote Originally Posted by lee1rbc
    Thanks,
    . Also he had that look like (I didn't know those cars were that fast)look.
    That look is priceless. When I spanked the dirty draws off of a co-workers '03 GT vert he was amazed. I wasn't! When we met at our buddies house that night he was like got damn that mother------ is fast. He said he didn't know they were that fast. I just lmao at his comment. When we talk now he just says don't talk about the way you did me. He used to think it was fast, now he's not sure.
    "02 Z28 vert pewter
    lid,smooth bellow, ram air, k&n, flowmaster
    hypertech tuner, TB bypass,shortie headers,Hotchkins STB

In yo' hood up to no good

1 of 122 Blk A4 WS6 Verts
    1999 T/A WS6 Vert A4

At least the G35 guy was cool about everything. The fact that he was in his 50s probably elevated his maturity level a bit.

Black
    2000 SLP Camaro SS

a sedan on NOS? haha, gotta love those older folks

LS1+LT1=980hp

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2001 Trans Am Firehawk

Was it silver? Me and my buddy in the red 1990 Supra Turbo raced a siver 4-door that was quick (not quick enough).So lee1rbc you stay in raleigh - you on hpj?
    BMRacing LT1 - Ls1 - 4.6mod - 5.0 - Some Imports

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

speaking of people not knowing how fast camaros (ls1's ) are, this kid in town was talking to my friend asking him about my car.

This kid has a VR6 jetta newer one, and he asked my friend if he thought that he could beat me in his jetta and my friend said um..... NO?

People are very ignorant to these cars, which is EXCELLENT
    98' SS Convertible Camaro-76k-Build # 1471, Cragar SS rims, RK SFC's, MAC Panhard, LSX Tune, Shaner S3,
    SLP:short thro,Strut tower brace,fan switch
    MTI Power induction kit,40 Series muffler,Pacesetter LT's + ORY,12 CD changer,3800lbs
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/787506/1

lee1rbc
    Was it silver? Me and my buddy in the red 1990 Supra Turbo raced a siver 4-door that was quick (not quick enough).So lee1rbc you stay in raleigh - you on hpj?
    Yes it was silver shade, the give away is the NOS license frame. It also said something like"power beyond belief" on the frame. Don't know what hpj is. I am close to Leesville and 540. Do you ever go to Fayettville drag strip?

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss
    speaking of people not knowing how fast camaros (ls1's ) are, this kid in town was talking to my friend asking him about my car.

This kid has a VR6 jetta newer one, and he asked my friend if he thought that he could beat me in his jetta and my friend said um..... NO?

People are very ignorant to these cars, which is EXCELLENT
    Happens to me all the time man... Hard to find stuff by me worth my time. I get the Civics w/ the park bench spoilers and plenty of convertable Mustangs that act like they should head right over to the track from the dealership...

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSomething
    Happens to me all the time man... Hard to find stuff by me worth my time. I get the Civics w/ the park bench spoilers and plenty of convertable Mustangs that act like they should head right over to the track from the dealership...

Oh dont worry Mike Ill be worth your time! Although.. I do have a park bench spoiler

what was it a 50 shot ?, ide be embarrased

Quicksilver
    nice

myothercarisaambulance rigdoctormark's Avatar

artic white
    2002 camaro ss

nice one, totally agree with the other dude its cool when they take it cool

Thread Information