Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

01 Z28 M6 Vs 03 Cobra Vert

Race hasnt happened yet but kinda wanna know how bad im gonna get it, lol. He wants to meet up sometime and do a race on the highway, i left it up to him told him to hit me up and im good to go. He is stock nothing done to it at all, atleast thats what he says and my mods are in my sig. He says he isnt a good driver meaning he doesnt shift well but im not much of a driver either so i think were about even in that area. Wanna race him from 3rd gear about 50-55 mph to about 120 mph and not gonna go any higher then that already bad enough as it is. He isnt too confident either, he said i might pull him because he sucks as a driver but his car having more power and torque i think by the time he gets to 120 he will have about 2-3 cars on me. Either way will see if he calls and goes through with it.
    1993 Z28 M6: K&N Intake, 52mm TB, TB Bypass, No Cats, Exhaust Cutout, Flowmaster Muffler, 3.90 Gears, 160 Thermo, Tune, BMR Springs, Bilstein Shocks, 3 Point SFC,s & MGW Shifter.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

If he is STOCK like he tells you, it should be a good race, with you winning. He's a vert which makes him heavier then you, which helps make up for the power difference plus IRS sucks power also. With my mods in Sig, I raced a 03with 2 buddies in my car and his GF in his from 60 to around 115 mph and had half a car and pulling. His car was bone stock and non vert. Either way, each car is different and driver also. Just practice slamming the gears and hope for the best. It will be a good race. My prediction is LS1 FTW this time!
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

white
    2000 Z28

good luck to ya. your lucky you have stock termis in your area. i havent even heard of a stock termi here in town. i know i can find one sooner or later but i dont hear anything about stockers.

Silver
    2004 SVT Cobra

Why race from 50mph in third gear? Thats the sweet spot for second gear on both cars. Regardless should be close, your quite a bit lighter.

Silver
    2004 SVT Cobra

Ignore my previous post just noticed in your sig that you have 4:10s, makes sense now.

Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

i say your gonna win for sure, my 2 buddys raced there trans am (non ws6)
    a4 with a cutout and a lid and throttle body and i think plugs and wires vs an 03 vert bone stock, and from a roll if we got the jump we would stay ahead till like 110 and if he got the jump then he wouls barely pull us like maybe a car. BUT this a4 trans am seems to be a factory freak.

i say ls1 FTW
    1999 mbm Z m6/ forged 346, lt's, wires, ls6 intake, sts rear turbo.

*SOLD*2002 black ws6- <Bolt ons, ls6 heads, mild cam, dyno tune, full susp. and 4.10s> --440rwhp/395rwtq

black
    2002 firebird trans am

i think it should be a good race, post up who wins...good luck

Red
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

IMO he might take you by a little, but would be really close. Those cars are very under rated. Seems to be approx 420hp at the motor 100% stock. From what I've read they dyno 360+ RWHP stock.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

ya they do dyno high, he is going to be about 360rwhp and weigh about 3780 lbs and im at 335 rwhp at about 3450 lbs. Dont know how its gonna come out but i really dont think ill be able to beat him, if i had LT's and ORY i would be pulling atleast 350-360 rwhp and then i think i wouldve had a chance with a stock one. Either way in a few months i will be installing a nitrous system wet and running 150 shot. Even then if he was able to pull 450-470 rwhp with my 150 shot i should pull on him, just the amount of torque the nitrous gives and my RWHP would probably be about 450. Either way as we speak i think im gonna give him the edge but i dont mind loosing, its a fast car and the LS1 cant beat them all, did i just say that lol.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post
    ya they do dyno high, he is going to be about 360rwhp and weigh about 3780 lbs and im at 335 rwhp at about 3450 lbs. Dont know how its gonna come out but i really dont think ill be able to beat him, if i had LT's and ORY i would be pulling atleast 350-360 rwhp and then i think i wouldve had a chance with a stock one. Either way in a few months i will be installing a nitrous system wet and running 150 shot. Even then if he was able to pull 450-470 rwhp with my 150 shot i should pull on him, just the amount of torque the nitrous gives and my RWHP would probably be about 450. Either way as we speak i think im gonna give him the edge but i dont mind loosing, its a fast car and the LS1 cant beat them all, did i just say that lol.
    With that attitude you won't beat him. Every car is different and every driver is different. Just practice driving and banging gears and when race time comes, run what you brung. 300 lbs is around .3 in the 1/4 and dynos don't matter. You can have a car that dynos 500rwhp that runs 14.0 in the 1/4. Cobras are damn nice cars but people put them way too high up on a pedistal LS1 FTW, no replacement for displacement.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

I looked up a few specs the verts run 109MPH on the quarter mile i should be atleast that with my mods. I can drive better then him, but im not a great driver. LOL, i should be by now this is my 5th camaro. The 300 lbs difference is alot, actually on my last car i had that was the main reason why i got rid of it. It was a 01 M3 vert that weighed 3781 lbs just about the same as a cobra vert when the coupe M3 weighed 3415 lbs. Just didnt like all that weight even though it became nimble in the corners, you can feel the difference in acceleration and breaking when you drive the two cars. Well hopefully the race happens and will see the outcome i left it up to him. He was nervous about it and said he doesnt drive very well.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

109 mph is decent. I trapped 115 in mine with mods in sig. Of course that 115was wasted with a 2.2 60' You got him man, just keep positive and practice honing your driving skills. Worst case scenio (spell?) is you lose but oh well, shit happens. I think you got him, you said hes a shitty driver and your better. Driver mod is the only real thing that makes a difference. I have seen R1 motorcycles go down to 400 rwhp cars just because the driver sucked balls. I have faith in you

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Thanks blackSS01 ill do my best, im gonna head by next week and see if he wants to go on the highway. I was gonna ask what mods do you have?, i dont see your sig. I think after LT's and ORY i should run 110-111mph on the quarter mile. I think next month in my area there opening to the public for drag racing at fontana( when i say my area i mean southern cali not exactly close to me), gotta check. I want to head out there and see what i can do. I really thought the 315 sumitomos i got would grip really well but i think i need to let some air out of them and warm them up, they suck when i do hard take offs but then again i have 4.10's.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

If you look on the first page, my sig is there. Keep psi to around 25 or so and you should hook decent.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Ok cool got it, with those mods you should be around 360RWHP have you got your car on a dyno yet?

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Nope, waiting to finish my H/C. Doing LS6 P&P/Milled heads with Torquer V2 cam with all the other goodies, IE. Lifters, push rods, etc.... Then I will have it dynoed.

Black
    02 Z28 M6

At 50 mph with that super charger I don't think you have a chance.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

^^^ your most likely i wont stand a chance, but i dont mind loosing especially to a supercharged V8 car.
    Last edited by karpetcm; 03-22-2009 at 02:53 PM.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Drivers race between the two cars ONE HUNDRED PERCENT!!!!!
    Stock vs Stock, more times he would get you due to more power even with the weight difference and IRS.
    Stock vs Modded (You) you should have him all day if you can out drive him. Get this race going, so you can post up some wins and show these young cats what its all about.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

dont make any mistakes good luck man

Thread Information