Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

navy blue metallic
    01 chevy camaro z28

nice kill.... the same as always.. but i think we have to give those mustangs some credit. im a proud owner of an 01 z. my dad got him self a new mustang gt. and those things are good looking inside and out. but performance my camaro feels much better.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by full_360 View Post
    nice kill.... the same as always.. but i think we have to give those mustangs some credit. im a proud owner of an 01 z. my dad got him self a new mustang gt. and those things are good looking inside and out. but performance my camaro feels much better.
    Okay I guess you're right LOL. My wife and I got one for a rental when the Camaro was in the shop for warranty work. It was nice inside looked good too. Definetly did'nt have the power I was expecting. Other than that it was nice I just did'nt like the silver rings it had around the cluster. The sun would hit them and blinded me and I'm pretty tall. But again it was a nice car for a ford.
    Last edited by Smittro; 03-17-2009 at 03:42 PM.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

ive actually sat in the newer Gt's and it felt pretty fast. It felt like it had a good amount of torque and good pull top end. So it feels fast when your in one, but when i raced one in my 01 M3 it was a joke, easy pull. I can only imagine how it would be with my Z.
    1993 Z28 M6: K&N Intake, 52mm TB, TB Bypass, No Cats, Exhaust Cutout, Flowmaster Muffler, 3.90 Gears, 160 Thermo, Tune, BMR Springs, Bilstein Shocks, 3 Point SFC,s & MGW Shifter.

Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post
    ive actually sat in the newer Gt's and it felt pretty fast. It felt like it had a good amount of torque and good pull top end. So it feels fast when your in one, but when i raced one in my 01 M3 it was a joke, easy pull. I can only imagine how it would be with my Z.
    yea good kill man, i raced an 05 gt on the highway and it actually KINDA kept up so i was like wtf, because the car was quite so to speak, but i rolled down my right window for the next 50 roll and heard a BOV sucks to be that guy he prolly was like haha let me walk this trans am...
    1999 mbm Z m6/ forged 346, lt's, wires, ls6 intake, sts rear turbo.

*SOLD*2002 black ws6- <Bolt ons, ls6 heads, mild cam, dyno tune, full susp. and 4.10s> --440rwhp/395rwtq

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

^^^LOL, the mustang owner was like damn how many turbos do i need.

You guys are terrible. Are Mustangs really that bad? The fair share I've run into have been pretty quick. I've had a few Cobras that have put up a good run, and even some GTs that were pretty stout. Maybe it's the owners? They don't seem to be as slow as you're all making them out the be.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Well the cobra's are a different story but the GT's are not fast at all. They are quick and appeal to many people and it sells really well. So i give it major credit in that. Either way here is a vid of me pullin on a stock Mustang GT 5speed, by the way my old car is a vert weighs 3781 lbs and is a 6speed. I must admitt i really thought the mustang was gonna pull on me since ive driven and sat in a few and think they are pretty quick cars. The mustang did the honks to start off and this race was exactly the way he wanted gear and speed.

Last edited by karpetcm; 03-18-2009 at 10:29 PM.

'99 -- Z/28 -- Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm;1860375J
    and this race was exactly the way he wanted gear and speed.
    with the 6speed, its hard finding a spot that doesn't pull hard, even if it is the perfect spot for the other guy. lol.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

^^^ True, to be fair to the mustang gt the M had bolt ons, exhuast and intake.
    Last edited by karpetcm; 03-19-2009 at 07:03 AM.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Heres a quote directly from mustangforums....

What's your mod list? Sad to see one of ours go down, but it's needed every once in a while to put us mustang owners back in our place! lol

red
    2000 camaro ss

this is because in a bustang, you sit upright and the g's you experience are perpendicular to your chest/innards. we sit laying down, and the g's are not experienced the same way. put your seat as erect as you can and it'll feel faster. sittin in a stang is like sittin in my gma's camry. . . .

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Never thougt about it that way, i do sit back at an angle just never would think it would effect the feel of the car when your accelerating.

Never thougt about it that way, i do sit back at an angle just never would think it would effect the feel of the car when your accelerating.
    Lean your whole body forward and accelerate. See if your car has enough power to put you back into your seat.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

I actually tried it yesterday driving out to the beach, lol. I put it in 3rd gear and leaned forward so did my friend. I kinda bogged it a bit so i can let the rpms climb and as it climbed my head would get pulled back pretty easy. I love the way the LS1 motor pulls once the rpms climb higher and higher was nothing like my LT1.

Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

I actually tried it yesterday driving out to the beach, lol. I put it in 3rd gear and leaned forward so did my friend. I kinda bogged it a bit so i can let the rpms climb and as it climbed my head would get pulled back pretty easy. I love the way the LS1 motor pulls once the rpms climb higher and higher was nothing like my LT1.
    i tried it too, i have NO chance of sitting up at all

None

Quote Originally Posted by side2000 View Post
    this is because in a bustang, you sit upright and the g's you experience are perpendicular to your chest/innards. we sit laying down, and the g's are not experienced the same way. put your seat as erect as you can and it'll feel faster. sittin in a stang is like sittin in my gma's camry. . . .

navy blue metallic
    2002 camaro ss

Hell yeah, a kill story is a kill story. We all know that Ls1's are faster than gt's and so do ford guys but if the guy/girl in the gt wants to run then they deserve to have a kill story in there honor. lol

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Holy one year old post, batman.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

^troll

Thread Information