Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

black
    2002 firebird trans am

02 trans am vs 03 mustang gt

Lastnight my lady and i was cruising home from a movie, when this silver mustang convertible pulls up to me revving his engine, tryna get my attention. At first i thought his mustang was a saleen, so i revved back at him, then he takes off, gets the jump on me about 1/2 car, i shift to 2nd at around 45mph and floor it...my tired]s spun for a bit, then i immediately pulled past him and kept going until around 70mph, had him about 4 cars...haha I parked at hastings and he pulls up and parks next to me. When i found out his car was just another mustang gt. He asked what i had in my car cuz he said he never got beatn like that haha, obviously he didnt know much about trans am or camaros, but overall it was a kill i thought of writing about haha..another mustang kill...the 5th one i beat so far, my town is full of them.....

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Either way its a good kill, alot of times mustang gt owners just dont realize how fast an LS1 really is. They think just because its a camaro it should do well with it since there rivals and compared to each other most often. Too bad many of them dont test drive both cars before making there decision on which to buy, sure some will still pick a gt but in my case i picked a camaro.
    1993 Z28 M6: K&N Intake, 52mm TB, TB Bypass, No Cats, Exhaust Cutout, Flowmaster Muffler, 3.90 Gears, 160 Thermo, Tune, BMR Springs, Bilstein Shocks, 3 Point SFC,s & MGW Shifter.

red
    2000 camaro ss

mustangs have always been slower than f-bodies. fact of life. they NEED forced induction just to keep up.

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by side2000 View Post
    mustangs have always been slower than f-bodies. fact of life. they NEED forced induction just to keep up.
    or it needs a special Edition. Ford likes to their customers. They know mustang fans eat out of their hands and settle for the crappy product they put out on the dealers. 2009 and it supposed to have 315hp, we had that about a decade ago

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Ford made gt's popular because they were originally a cheap affordable sports car-just every other idiot thought ooh ooh v-8 must mean its fast!

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

^^^^^^^^^

Good kill

Quote Originally Posted by hurraquio View Post
    or it needs a special Edition. Ford likes to their customers. They know mustang fans eat out of their hands and settle for the crappy product they put out on the dealers.
    So Ford their customers by manufacturing a car that people want and people buy? So if Ford screwed their customers over by providing car that people actually buy, what did GM do?

So getting rid of the F-body for 8 years is and Ford actually making a car people buy is ? The logic of ls1.com amazes me.

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by mogs01gt View Post
    Good kill

So Ford their customers by manufacturing a car that people want and people buy? So if Ford screwed their customers over by providing car that people actually buy, what did GM do?

So getting rid of the F-body for 8 years is and Ford actually making a car people buy is ? The logic of ls1.com amazes me.
    its better to burn out than to fade away!

Awaiting Activation

Black
    RIP S4 06Tbss

Quote Originally Posted by 4thGenTA View Post
    tryna,tired]s beatn
    No wonder people think we are red necks.

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by mogs01gt View Post
    Good kill

women buying v6 convertable mustangs keep their sales alive.

Don't get me wrong...great story, but I mean...it's one of those "no shit." stories where we all know what happens.

I mean, even on the Mustang forums, I see people claim that they beat a trans am with their GT stock for stock, and the posts, from DIE HARD mustang fans are like:

"BS. Trans am is a mean bitch stock. You probably raced a v6"

"There's no way a GT can keep up with even the most poorly maintained LT1, nevermind LS1"

"He probably wasn't even trying to race you.."

Etc. ETc. Etc.

It's just not the same class of car, and a lot of Mustang owners need to realize that. I mean, I don't have anything against the cars, but if you want to compete with the LS1 WS6's...at least get a cobra. A Mustang GT and a Trans Am WS6 are NOT the same class of muscle car...it's like comparing a Dodge Charger to a Aston Martin Vantage...year for year of course.

'99 -- Z/28 -- Pewter

+1

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

i had a 92 mustang gt back in 98 when the ls1 came out in the f body.my gt had a 3.55 gear,no cats,flowmasters,k&n cone filter,and a big ass mass air meter not to mention a 5-speed trans and this silver t/a rolled up on me one night,still had the dealer tag,and freakin cleaned my clock i was like wtf,i could keep up with a lt1 but with this new t/a it wasn't even close.met the ls1 the hard way

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

hear we go guys, lets get this thread closed too. who gives a damn. dont ruin his thread. yes GTs are slower than the ls1 but ford obviously does something right because the mustang sales thrive and the fbody was killed off. also ford doesnt need bailout money just to stay afloat

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    women buying v6 convertable mustangs keep their sales alive.
    the only thing hot about mustangs is the women driving them.

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 02transamce View Post
    i had a 92 mustang gt back in 98 when the ls1 came out in the f body.my gt had a 3.55 gear,no cats,flowmasters,k&n cone filter,and a big ass mass air meter not to mention a 5-speed trans and this silver t/a rolled up on me one night,still had the dealer tag,and freakin cleaned my clock i was like wtf,i could keep up with a lt1 but with this new t/a it wasn't even close.met the ls1 the hard way
    Agreed Mustangs were great during the 80's, but I was never really a fan of them. Especially nowadays when barbie has her pink vert. noo thank you.

And now its just not worth the whole hassle of reporting mustang kills.

black
    2002 firebird trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 98T/Aformula. View Post
    No wonder people think we are red necks.
    haha..im native american just to let you know, and now a redneck, let people think what they want, shouldnt matter based on what we drive.

black
    2002 firebird trans am

i know that mustang gt's are slower then ls1 fbodys. As for my story, i was mislead that the car i raced was a saleen, so i thought it would have been fun to see what happens, and this is a kill story forum, so any kill stories deserve to be on here, whether its a kill or a close match...just my opinion

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 4thGenTA View Post
    Lastnight my lady and i was cruising home from a movie, when this silver mustang convertible pulls up to me revving his engine, tryna get my attention. At first i thought his mustang was a saleen, so i revved back at him, then he takes off, gets the jump on me about 1/2 car, i shift to 2nd at around 45mph and floor it...my tired]s spun for a bit, then i immediately pulled past him and kept going until around 70mph, had him about 4 cars...haha I parked at hastings and he pulls up and parks next to me. When i found out his car was just another mustang gt. He asked what i had in my car cuz he said he never got beatn like that haha, obviously he didnt know much about trans am or camaros, but overall it was a kill i thought of writing about haha..another mustang kill...the 5th one i beat so far, my town is full of them.....
    Hey I enjoyed your story even if some folks did'nt. I've beat up on stock GT's my self with my tuner Z34. I think your point was the "Ego" hurtin you put on another stock GT owner who thinks because his car can snap his head back he's gonna run right out and beat up on LS1s. I love watchin thier Ego melt when I'm pulling ahead at around 7000rpm with a 60* v6. But not to thread jack but I totaly enjoyed your kill story.
    Last edited by Smittro; 03-22-2009 at 07:29 AM.

None

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    Ford made gt's popular because they were originally a cheap affordable sports car-just every other idiot thought ooh ooh v-8 must mean its fast!
    dude has it on the money!

Thread Information