Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

Quote Originally Posted by mogs01gt View Post
    Well that makes even less sense. If he is making that much more power, torque mind you, the ls1 car shouldnt have hole-shot'd. Unless you have a fucking sweet suspension setup?

I mean that cobra still produces a hell of a lot more low end power than your car. Hell LT1 cars at the same power levels hole-shot ls1's.
    he doesnt have the tires i have and all that power means shit if you are spinning

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Quote Originally Posted by dpinson View Post
    a car with a poweradder usually runs alot meaner than a natural aspirated engine with the same ponies
    Disagree completely. In fact, I find that N/A cars typically run better times with xxx amount of HP than a blown car with the same. I have seen a LOT of 450 RWHP Cobra's running low-mid 12s. By the same token, I've seen more than one N/A Cobra's/Mustangs with 100 HP less running mid 11's.

It doesn't matter how you make the HP. What matters is what you do with it. I don't care how much power (or torque, if you prefer....cause I get one from the other) a car makes at 2000, 3000, and typically not even 4000 rpm. I don't race down there (certainly not with a DOHC motor!). What I care about is how much average power the car makes across the rpm range it is in going through each gear.

In short, the tires don't care how the HP was made - they just put it to the ground without discriminating.

And I still would expect a 400 RWHP A4 F-body to outrun a 450 RWHP Cobra on the street (most ESPECIALLY on the street) up well into triple digit speeds.

its the same concept with an 1800 hp mustang that gets blown away by 900hp car at our local 1/8th mile by time his power gets there it is too late the 900 hp nitrous car is already out front and sometimes you dont have time to run people down
    Sorry shipmate - that just ain't how it works. Properly geared and driven, it doesn't matter if the 1800 hp Mustang is making its power at 5000 rpm or 15,000 rpm. And it isn't just because nitrous does something magical that makes a nitrous car always quicker out of the hole (though that can be the case in some cases).

how does it go hp sells cars,toque wins races
    Most misleading statement ever. I would agree if you said "torque multiplied by rpm wins races".

And what do we call that?

he doesnt have the tires i have and all that power means shit if you are spinning
    Yet another reason I'd expect him to not be able to reel you in for a long, long way.

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    Disagree completely. In fact, I find that N/A cars typically run better times with xxx amount of HP than a blown car with the same. I have seen a LOT of 450 RWHP Cobra's running low-mid 12s. By the same token, I've seen more than one N/A Cobra's/Mustangs with 100 HP less running mid 11's.

It doesn't matter how you make the HP. What matters is what you do with it. I don't care how much power (or torque, if you prefer....cause I get one from the other) a car makes at 2000, 3000, and typically not even 4000 rpm. I don't race down there (certainly not with a DOHC motor!). What I care about is how much average power the car makes across the rpm range it is in going through each gear.

In short, the tires don't care how the HP was made - they just put it to the ground without discriminating.

And I still would expect a 400 RWHP A4 F-body to outrun a 450 RWHP Cobra on the street (most ESPECIALLY on the street) up well into triple digit speeds.

Sorry shipmate - that just ain't how it works. Properly geared and driven, it doesn't matter if the 1800 hp Mustang is making its power at 5000 rpm or 15,000 rpm. And it isn't just because nitrous does something magical that makes a nitrous car always quicker out of the hole (though that can be the case in some cases).

Most misleading statement ever. I would agree if you said "torque multiplied by rpm wins races".

And what do we call that?

Yet another reason I'd expect him to not be able to reel you in for a long, long way.
    ive already stated that if both hp and tq are equal it is anybodies game,i know you see my thinking you just seem like you want to argue so we will leave it at that

and yes that 1800 hp mustang is set up for 1/4 mile racing not 1/8 mile
    also just trying to get the point that the advantage of the extra torque would help gain a lead,just like the time it takes that 1800 car to get spooled up gives the other guy an advantage

i also agree that average numbers are way better than peak but as im sure you know but wont admit nitrous makes killer torque and does it through all the rpm ranges you will be using if your car is setup correctly
    that is the point i was trying to get across

and why is it so hard to believe that a car with more horspower can spin out of the hole and then catch up

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

and if you have seen a car that is the same weight ,well will just say exactly the same ,but one is boosted and is being outran by a n/a car with a 100 hp less wouldnt you say something is wrong with that guys car

i guess thats just me, kinda like im the only one who doesnt see too many ls1 cars running around that are gonna pull 500hp and 600+ ft.lbs of torque n/a

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

I never said nor implied that N2O didn't (or did for that matter) make "killer torque", thus I have nothing to admit to (or not).

And a N/A engine that makes 500 hp and 600 lb/ft or torque will be huge (CID wise). Do you know why? But I can make that power (and run just as fast...properly-geared and driven) with a much smaller (cid) engine that makes 500 HP and only, say 425 lb/ft torque.

Wonder why?

I've never drag raced, so beyond that, I'll just say "uncle" and bow to your experience.

I've never drag raced, so beyond that, I'll just say "uncle" and bow to your experience.
    newb!!

Cayenne Red, Pewter
    '97 Z28 1LE #53, '02 WS6

Hmm.

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

I never said nor implied that N2O didn't (or did for that matter) make "killer torque", thus I have nothing to admit to (or not).

And a N/A engine that makes 500 hp and 600 lb/ft or torque will be huge (CID wise). Do you know why? But I can make that power (and run just as fast...properly-geared and driven) with a much smaller (cid) engine that makes 500 HP and only, say 425 lb/ft torque.

Wonder why?

yes i get that it would pretty much take a big block to make those numbers

and how do you plan on taking 2 identical setups and running faster with less power
    again we are talking identical setups other than power

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

where lous when were talking about 500rwhp na ls1s?

Thread Information