Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Question Replacing fuel lines

I want to replace the fuel lines with stainless steel braided lines. Only thing I don't understand is what that little green valve does on the existing fuel line and how to go about putting that on the new line. Is it just remove/replace or do i need adapters for the 6AN fittings? What does that do anyway?

Custom Car Emblems
    from third_shift|studios
    Pittsburgh Car Detailing & Paint Protection from ts|s detailing
    jaison tortorea

Navy Blue Metallic
    1998 Camaro SS

That little green fitting is actually the relief valve for the evap system. You won't remove that, it is not a fuel line. If you get under the car and trace the hard lines what you'll find is that there's only two lines from the fuel system that run to the front of the car. One is the main feed line, the other is the evap system. The main feed line travels back to the fuel filter. Back there, you'll notice that there is a tee where the return line comes off and runs to the tank. If you intend to run an adjustable fuel pressure regulator, you'll need to run a new feed line and use the stock feed line as your return line or you can ditch the hard lines all together and run two braided lines, one for feed and one for return. Leave the hard line there for the evap.

There's a lot more to explain about this and you'll need to do some more research.

Laugh while you can... mistermike's Avatar

Black
    2004 GTO

Why do you want to replace fuel lines?

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by PAGregSS View Post
    That little green fitting is actually the relief valve for the evap system. You won't remove that, it is not a fuel line. If you get under the car and trace the hard lines what you'll find is that there's only two lines from the fuel system that run to the front of the car. One is the main feed line, the other is the evap system. The main feed line travels back to the fuel filter. Back there, you'll notice that there is a tee where the return line comes off and runs to the tank. If you intend to run an adjustable fuel pressure regulator, you'll need to run a new feed line and use the stock feed line as your return line or you can ditch the hard lines all together and run two braided lines, one for feed and one for return. Leave the hard line there for the evap.

There's a lot more to explain about this and you'll need to do some more research.
    Shit, that was really helpful, but you went the wrong direction! I want to keep all the hardlines, up to the engine bay-where it turns "soft" i want to replace that stuff with some dressy-er braided fuel lines. So question remains i guess, sorry, but that was very thorough!

Quote Originally Posted by mistermike View Post
    Why do you want to replace fuel lines?
    Dress up the engine.

Thread Information