Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

turquoise
    1995 Firebird

not LS1 but still fun night.

me and my friend where driving around in his 05 WRX STI. we got a call from a buddy who is back in town from school for the weekend and he says there is 2 guys that want to race my friends sti, and another friend's SE-R spec v. Well my friend who owns the sti is very cocky and thinks he is king shit cause he has a STI, well this guy showed up driving a stock SRT-4 and wanted to do a 35mph no digs cause thats where the sti shines. We start heading to the freeway and he is talking a massive amount shit like, this guy is gonna get walked i own a sti im kool, i got 300hp. we got on the freeway started our roll and my friend brake boosted his sti and he didnt even pull away its nose and nose all the way till he missed 5th. we started again at another 35mph roll, and he brake boosted him again and the srt was right next to him, the srt pulled about a fender ahead but then my friends sti's top end kicked in. we where doing about 140mph when we finally let off.

Another kid wanted to race my friends SE-R Spec V. he owns a Del Sol with a B16 in it. he claims it came from Spoon Racing from japan. the did 3 races the first 2 my friends spec v walked it. the third race they did my friend decided to start in 3rd and the del sol pulled 2 cars out but then my friends spec v pulled back by 3 cars. all in all it was a fun nught.

cars and mods to all cars

2005 Subaru WRX STI- Stock
    2004 Dodge Neon Srt-4- Stock
    2002 Nissan SE-R Spec V- Header back with a Greddy TI-C exhaust.
    Honda Del-Sol- "Spoon" B16 with custom port and polish, intake, lower springs and axel back exhaust...not sure the year tho.
    Last edited by 95Fyrebyrd; 02-14-2009 at 08:03 AM.

Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

Quote Originally Posted by 95Fyrebyrd View Post
    me and my friend where driving around in his 05 WRX STI. we got a call from a buddy who is back in town from school for the weekend and he says there is 2 guys that want to race my friends sti, and another friend's SE-R spec v. Well my friend who owns the sti is very cocky and thinks he is king shit cause he has a STI, well this guy showed up driving a stock SRT-4 and wanted to do a 35mph no digs cause thats where the sti shines. We start heading to the freeway and he is talking a massive amount shit like, this guy is gonna get walked i own a sti im kool, i got 300hp. we got on the freeway started our roll and my friend brake boosted his sti and he didnt even pull away its nose and nose all the way till he missed 5th. we started again at another 35mph roll, and he brake boosted him again and the srt was right next to him, the srt pulled about a fender ahead but then my friends sti's top end kicked in. we where doing about 140mph when we finally let off.

Another kid wanted to race my friends SE-R Spec V. he owns a Del Sol with a B16 in it. he claims it came from Spoon Racing from japan. the did 3 races the first 2 my friends spec v walked it. the third race they did my friend decided to start in 3rd and the del sol pulled 2 cars out but then my friends spec v pulled back by 3 cars. all in all it was a fun nught.

cars and mods to all cars

2005 Subaru WRX STI- Stock
    2004 Dodge Neon Srt-4- Stock
    2002 Nissan SE-R Spec V- Header back with a Greddy TI-C exhaust.
    Honda Del-Sol- "Spoon" B16 with custom port and polish, intake, lower springs and axel back exhaust...not sure the year tho.
    srt-4s are fast amongst the 4 cylinder world but no match for us

BUT i have seen some very fast ones
    1999 mbm Z m6/ forged 346, lt's, wires, ls6 intake, sts rear turbo.

*SOLD*2002 black ws6- <Bolt ons, ls6 heads, mild cam, dyno tune, full susp. and 4.10s> --440rwhp/395rwtq

turquoise
    1995 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by Kaotic_ws6 View Post
    srt-4s are fast amongst the 4 cylinder world but no match for us

BUT i have seen some very fast ones
    can a 2000 z28 a4 hang with 05 sti stock for stock, im pretty sure a m6 can, but my friend wants to race one cause he says he can beat em. the sti are very fast but are they LS1 fast.

Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

can a 2000 z28 a4 hang with 05 sti stock for stock, im pretty sure a m6 can, but my friend wants to race one cause he says he can beat em. the sti are very fast but are they LS1 fast.
    shouldnt have a chance if the sti is stock... i beat a sti with intake and exhaust in my 6 speed lt1 with just a k&n filter

Desert Boat Guy SouthernBornThriller's Avatar

Black 2002 T/A M6
    Green 1997 Ram 4x4

That's a close one. Hate to say it, but stock for stock, and being an A4...I don't think I'd bet against the STI on that one (unless you were going from like a 60 roll....LS1 will win out top end). A lot of people don't wanna give the STI props because it's ugly as fuck (myself included), but they're about the only car besides a vette and an exotic that I worry about. Only plus is that most guys driving the STI's for some reason have trouble driving the thing worth a damn. They're low 13s stock with a compitent driver though.

That said, put a stall on the A4 and I'll put my money on it again.

Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBornThriller View Post
    That's a close one. Hate to say it, but stock for stock, and being an A4...I don't think I'd bet against the STI on that one (unless you were going from like a 60 roll....LS1 will win out top end). A lot of people don't wanna give the STI props because it's ugly as fuck (myself included), but they're about the only car besides a vette and an exotic that I worry about. Only plus is that most guys driving the STI's for some reason have trouble driving the thing worth a damn. They're low 13s stock with a compitent driver though.

That said, put a stall on the A4 and I'll put my money on it again.
    well i like sti's suprisingly but i would still put money even on an a4 ls1 against a stock sti cuz my friends got a intake and exhaust and plugs sti and my other buddy has a SOM non ws6 6 speed (stock) and pulls him like 2 cars from any roll. and both can drive good

Be careful with the modded ones. It's easy to make power on an STI, just turn up the boost and some tuning.

A friend of mine did a 12.1@116 with a downpipe, catback, 4psi more boost, and tuning.

I'm pretty sure that will take care of most, if not all bolt ons LS1s (excluding Vettes). Since they have AWD, they can also '60 just as good or in many cases better than an F-body.

SRT4s can be quick as well, but once they start making power they better bring some drag radials or else they are going to spin there front wheels and lose. Be careful of these cars from a roll. Many of them can trap 115mph in the quarter on stock turbo. Make sure you run these guys from a dig... so they lose. I hate these cars btw.

Have any of you guys run into any turboed 240s? When mine was on stock turbo, back in the day, I gave a couple of F-bodies a run for their money.

turquoise
    1995 Firebird

my friend with the spec v raced a turbo 240- but its was ka24de-t it wasnt fast at all, but the only boosted 240 thats a beast is this guy i know droping a rb25 in his with a gt35R and some other freaky mods.

my friend with the spec v raced a turbo 240- but its was ka24de-t it wasnt fast at all, but the only boosted 240 thats a beast is this guy i know droping a rb25 in his with a gt35R and some other freaky mods.
    Spec V... as in Sentra SER Spec V? That's what I drive as a daily.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Spoon engines.. hector and johnny tran is gonna be rolling this joint soon. Better reinforce my floor pan.

Destroyer of Mustangs RaceMyLS1's Avatar

Black/Red
    98 Trans Am/99 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    Haha, LS1's are so powerful, our daily drivers are their race cars..

Quote Originally Posted by RaceMyLS1 View Post
    Haha, LS1's are so powerful, our daily drivers are their race cars..
    Ehh, it was cheap, semi-sporty, 6 speed, and got decent mileage. Pretty much got it for a steal. I'm thinking about getting a C5 Corvette in the future. I get kind of bored driving a Sentra around town.

turquoise
    1995 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post

yeah he owns a 2002 SE-R Spec-V its a nice car i like em. but not enough to buy one. specially its a front wheel 4cyl. Front wheel im not a fan of.

yeah he owns a 2002 SE-R Spec-V its a nice car i like em. but not enough to buy one. specially its a front wheel 4cyl. Front wheel im not a fan of.
    Still curious how your friend beat a turboed 240. I mean KAs are larger displacement so they make more torque when boosted. I know for sure, even on factory boost, my car was substantially faster than a Sentra SER. Must have been a shitty car.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Your car still traps higher. So unless he outlaunches you by a bunch, you'll still get him.

98 Z28 M6

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    Spoon engines.. hector and johnny tran is gonna be rolling this joint soon. Better reinforce my floor pan.
    LMAO.......................and you still owe me a 10 second car

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by JoeShmoe View Post
    LMAO.......................and you still owe me a 10 second car
    FINALLY SOMEONE QUOTED THIS...

98 Z28 M6

FINALLY SOMEONE QUOTED THIS...
    I never narced on nobody! (punches Johnny Tran in the face)

turquoise
    1995 Firebird

lol the kid looked kinda looked liked paul walker. Well anyway come to find out the kid ordered a Spoon badge and painted the head cover yellow. I laughed at him.

The 240 my friend raced was a very crappy built car, and untuned also.

Me and my friend *owner of the sti* ran into a 1999 Camaro z28 bone stock and still had 30 day tags on it, at sonic last night. we ended up bullshitting with the guy. Well since my friend is cocky about his scoobie he told the guy yeah its a nice car but i think my sti will beat it. The guy kinda chuckled under his breath and said we'll see. we pulled out of sonic onto rt-256 we did 3 runs, 1 from a dig and another from and 2 from 35mph roll. The dig was very close my friends sti pulled in front of the camaro by about half car, then the camaro proceeded to pull back and but 2cars before he let off. The 35mph roll was a complete embaressment from my friend we got to 35 and and from the start the camaro jus pulled not very hard be enough to piss my friend off. we raced again and he brake boosted his sti and pull a car instantly then the camaro pulled and won again by 2. my friend was really pissed, he said he is now taking his tax returns and buying a turbo back exhaust HKS SSBOV and a tune.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird

lol the kid looked kinda looked liked paul walker. Well anyway come to find out the kid ordered a Spoon badge and painted the head cover yellow. I laughed at him.

The 240 my friend raced was a very crappy built car, and untuned also.

Me and my friend *owner of the sti* ran into a 1999 Camaro z28 bone stock and still had 30 day tags on it, at sonic last night. we ended up bullshitting with the guy. Well since my friend is cocky about his scoobie he told the guy yeah its a nice car but i think my sti will beat it. The guy kinda chuckled under his breath and said we'll see. we pulled out of sonic onto rt-256 we did 3 runs, 1 from a dig and another from and 2 from 35mph roll. The dig was very close my friends sti pulled in front of the camaro by about half car, then the camaro proceeded to pull back and but 2cars before he let off. The 35mph roll was a complete embaressment from my friend we got to 35 and and from the start the camaro jus pulled not very hard be enough to piss my friend off. we raced again and he brake boosted his sti and pull a car instantly then the camaro pulled and won again by 2. my friend was really pissed, he said he is now taking his tax returns and buying a turbo back exhaust HKS SSBOV and a tune.
    Torque.. it wins races

Thread Information