Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    Nice kill. With a 30 MPG driver, no less. Wonder what kind of MPG those (near) stock STIs and Evos get.

And yeah, Wesmanimpossible, LOL.
    My friend averaged 17.2MPG on a 3 hour ride, all highway, average speed anywhere from 70-85MPH, bone stock STI. I was right next to him the whole time, I averaged 22MPG.

I have 4.10 gears also, and we did a few WOT runs.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    http://www.dragtimes.com

Go indulge yourself. There are many many STIs running in the mid to low 12s with bolt ons and boost up. Unlike most ricer burners, these cars can get out of the hole if launched properly. I don't understand why you find this hard to believe. STIs can get into the 11s with stock turbo, as well as EVOs.

He ran a full catback, downpipe, 18.5psi of boost, 100 octane, with a tune. I saw the car, first hand, run 12.1@116. Stock clutch, stock tires, 6000 miles on the car.

But, doesn't matter what I say, I could never convince you otherwise, because it's Wesmanimpossible.
    You might as well just pull numbers out of a hat, because thats how trust worthy dragtimes.com is. Anyone can post any slip on there, regardless of whether its their car or not, and there is no way to verify their mods. In other words, useless bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    My friend averaged 17.2MPG on a 3 hour ride, all highway, average speed anywhere from 70-85MPH, bone stock STI. I was right next to him the whole time, I averaged 22MPG.

That sounds about right. AWD saps the gas mileage. However, with a tune they generally do better, but they are still full time AWD. They will never get the mileage a 6M LS1 will on the highway. I have gotten 28mpg on the highway, in my LS1 car.

You might as well just pull numbers out of a hat, because thats how trust worthy dragtimes.com is. Anyone can post any slip on there, regardless of whether its their car or not, and there is no way to verify their mods. In other words, useless bullshit.
    I agree to some extent, but 12s can be done easily in a STI/EVO. The cars run low 13s stock with a good driver. With bolt ons, boost up, and a tune, it's not unreasonable for these cars to do mid to low 12s. They can all put the power down with the AWD drivetrain, it generally comes down to the driver.

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

04 STI
    Intake, Turbo Back, Cobb access port with off the shelf stage 2 map.

Watched with my own eyes as the car went 12.5x.

silver
    2002 ws6

but at the end of the day it's still just an STI\EVO

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Eight cylinders have the torque so they don't have to try as hard to get moving. That along with the rediculous 6th overdrive is going to net you some good mileage. My LS1 car gets better gas mileage than my 4 cylinder Sentra.
    Now that is saying something. 320 + HP gets better than a ~135 HP Sentra! LOL.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Sounds like y'all were drivin' those cars. Nice! I'd like to get some 4.10 gears for my car, but don't want my MPG to suffer. Before I do that, I'd rather get an LS6 intake and then a tune, maybe that would keep me in the 12s @ over 110 MPH. That's my ultimate goal for Too Fast, 12.99 @ 110 + on the hot days. Faster on cooler days of course. I'm currently going 13.0x-13.2x @ 107-108.x. Best, 17 months ago, was my 12.89 @ 109.89.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Sounds like y'all were drivin' those cars. Nice! I'd like to get some 4.10 gears for my car, but don't want my MPG to suffer. Before I do that, I'd rather get an LS6 intake and then a tune, maybe that would keep me in the 12s @ over 110 MPH. That's my ultimate goal for Too Fast, 12.99 @ 110 + on the hot days. Faster on cooler days of course. I'm currently going 13.0x-13.2x @ 107-108.x. Best, 17 months ago, was my 12.89 @ 109.89.
    Nice times!!

We were definitely rippin on our cars lol, on one desolate part of the highway we hit 145MPH

silver
    2002 ws6

Nice times!!

We were definitely rippin on our cars lol, on one desolate part of the highway we hit 145MPH
    Last edited by big hammer; 04-04-2009 at 05:17 AM.

Now that is saying something. 320 + HP gets better than a ~135 HP Sentra! LOL.
    The Sentra has 175hp stock, it's the "SE-R Spec V" 2.5L I4 6 speed manual, but it still only gets mid 20s on the highway. Keep in mind my LS1 car weighs just under 2600lbs., so that may have something to do with it.

For the record, the regular 126hp 1.8L crap Sentras get well into the 30mpg on the highway and city.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

The Sentra has 175hp stock, it's the "SE-R Spec V" 2.5L I4 6 speed manual, but it still only gets mid 20s on the highway. Keep in mind my LS1 car weighs just under 2600lbs., so that may have something to do with it.
    For the record, the regular 126hp 1.8L crap Sentras get well into the 30mpg on the highway and city.
    I don't understand. The low weight helps your ET (YES!) or gas MPG (yes, but not as much as it helps the ET. That low weight would really help the city MPG. Surely your LS1s aren't stock to get your cars so quick? By stock I mean OE cam, intake, heads never been off. You prolly have headers, good CAI at least, what else?

There's a thought. Build a 2400 lb car, put a modern 325 HP V8 engine in it, get really great gas MPG. Over 20 city with the CAGS and probably near 30 highway. Wonder why no car companies do that. And spank the shit out of most anyone who dares to race.

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    but at the end of the day it's still just an STI\EVO
    Well it would be pretty disappointing if at the end of the day it suddenly turned into a vase or a sandwich or something.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    I'm not real familiar with the STi, but I'm not sure what the heck you guys are doin.
    I have and 01 Camaro and get beat on all the time. But my tuner is of all things a 92 "lumina" Z34 3.4L dual twin cam v6 sleeper N/A tuned @265hp at the crank. Custom built 3.5in cold air induction (not K&N junk) Competition injectiors, high pessure fuel pump, competition regulator, stageIII power chip and matching ECM rev limter locked out to 7500rpm with 1st gear kick out at 7400 rpm. True high flow cat 3.5in in and out, tuned single collector tapper to 2.75in. tuned z28 type exhaust(yes I said z28), performance single 2.75in. inlet dual 3 in. out lets. eridium (sorry 4 spelling) plugs 8.5mm high energy wires. Pro digital EGR,MAP,MASS,TPS,and AIR idle sensor. 93oct pump gas as standard fuel. I don't know if there is a standard wrx or if they are all STis, but so far I've never raced a WRX that could touch me on a rolling start! I break traction if I really get on it between 30-40mph. I blow the doors strait off my 01 Camaro, 5.0 mustangs, and 3rd gen 5.7L stock F-bodies no matter what trany they got. Maybe it's just me but sounds like you guys need a tune! LOL LOL LOL
    ^^^Not exactly sure what is going on there.

Quote Originally Posted by 4tun8 View Post
    Well it would be pretty disappointing if at the end of the day it suddenly turned into a vase or a sandwich or something.
    I hate it when I turn into a couch.

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by 4tun8 View Post
    or a vase full of sandwiches....

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    or a vase full of sandwiches....
    Actually, that would be pretty awesome.... since I'm always hungry.

I don't understand. The low weight helps your ET (YES!) or gas MPG (yes, but not as much as it helps the ET. That low weight would really help the city MPG. Surely your LS1s aren't stock to get your cars so quick? By stock I mean OE cam, intake, heads never been off. You prolly have headers, good CAI at least, what else?

There's a thought. Build a 2400 lb car, put a modern 325 HP V8 engine in it, get really great gas MPG. Over 20 city with the CAGS and probably near 30 highway. Wonder why no car companies do that. And spank the shit out of most anyone who dares to race.
    If by stock you mean full bolt ons, and a tune, then yes it is stock. My LS1 car has stock cam and heads, but they have been off before to freshen up the motor. See sig for mods, 11s are easy when your car doesn't weigh much... only downside is IRS sucks for drag, but I didn't build the car for that anyway.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Lissen up youngin, I was just trying to make sense of what you wrote. Lots of run together sentences, misspelling (at least you knew some were misspelled and warned us), took me a few reads to figure out what you were tryin' to say.

BTW, it is a fuzzy couch, double reclining love seat, great for when the kids go to bed and the wife and I are alone. Make sure you put the towels down first.

And BTW, I hate mixture screws. Fuel injection FTW.

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

Put towels down first HAHAHAH.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Alright, so where is New Kensington. Australia is my first guess. And BTW, I'm laughing at these posts also. What kind of commuter car could replace my awesome WS6, anyway?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information