Thread: TA Vs TA ws.6

MRM
    2002 T/A M6

TA Vs TA ws.6

While on my way to Skiatook last night I spotted a Pewter WS6 a couple of cars ahead of me. We were on a two lane so I couldn't line up just then. I was headed to the interstate and he turned off on a side road that parallels it. I really wasn't counting on seeing him again. After I cruse a few miles I come to my exit, and low and behold there he is again! We both head my way, so I decided what the hell and line up next to him. For a minute, I thought that maybe it was some old guy, but I soon found out that it was a young kid. We mess around a bit, on the highway, with us both dead even. After reaching the first stop light I ask him what he has, and he gives me this line of crap of 150 shot of NOS and Pacesetter Headers. Hearing that, made me think ... okay ... this guy should smoke me. Being that I'm mostly stock with the only major upgrade is the 3.73's. After both coming to the red light I thought why not, and we both hit it on the green. His car was extremely loud but DID NOT pull on me at all. We where both dead EVEN!!??? How can this be?? Do 3.73's make that much of a difference??
    3" MagnaFlow CatBack w/Corsa (clone)Tips, Lloyds Custom Floor Mats, SLP Lid, Pro 5.0 W/ Lou's SS, 7.5" Eaton Locker w/3.73, KYB AGX, BMR LCA's, FRA, SSE, 5% Tint, 18x9 C5 Rims w/Falken 452

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Well.. what were the transmissions? 373s do get you down the road a little quicker.. but there really are too many variables.. if he had headers, was he tuned.. etc.. hard to say what happened..
    -Geno
    1983 Black WS6 "WindCharger"
    1987 Black WS6 "WS87"
    2002 Black WS6 "Silver Streak"
    Sold the other four f-bodies

MRM
    2002 T/A M6

M6 here and pretty sure he was too.

Black
    2002 T/A WS.6 -- ASC#12

He didnt spray I assume?!? So it would be close seeing as you would go quick due to gearing and him from mods

pewter
    2002 camaro z28

yeah there is a guy out here in vegas that had a stock ss and but 3.73s in his a4 and he ran a 13.3 or 13.4 i think and when i was stock i ran like a 13.9 so i imagine it does good to have gears lol

Blue 1997 Trans Am(Sold)
    Pewter 2001 Trans Am Vert

ya I'm guessing it was a heads up race with no spray... just my take still pretty sweet race I love the close ones they're the funnest

Thread Information