Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    U. S And A Greatest country in all of world

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Hey guys I was'nt trying to start a war just though I'd give that guy something different to think about. Cause some 8.xxx cars are not street legal. V6 is just something different. If I was going to go radical it sure would'nt be using the overly common LS1! I'm thinking something like a 502 bigblock crate motor. Then twin turbo that! But cant always be sure it's street able. For me I'm not fully into just drag raceing. I like to be able to turn too. My seventeen year old car has fully independant suspention with some goodies, (nothing overly radical) but I can run rings around my "live" axle Camaro with its "sport" tuned suspention. Fast is great, in a stait line. But in my oppinion "if you can't turn it, it's pointless". But thats me I like lots of power but I like to corner too. A NASCAR can turn but not really that good. That "live" axle just wont ever cut it when it comes to handling I don't care what you do it's still "live axle". My old truck has a live axle! That's mostly why I N/A tuned my seventeen year old car to 265hp at the wheels. That's slightly north of 300hp at the crank. I can't count how many older v8 I've beatup on, and the question is always the same. "What you got in that thing?" or " Is that thing a v8?" I say, "dohc v6!" they say, "your kidding..." Now it obviously is'nt the fastest car out there. Just a well tuned 6 that is'nt slow either. It's just where I desided to put some money cause it's different. I don't mind that it's not the fastest car on the road.
    I was'nt shooting for that. I was just looking to beat up on some ricers who like to say,
    "oh it's only a lumina!" rev up the fart can and get left there making noise. Just fun to drive, even if it's not the fastest thing, but it aint stock either.

PS there is more going on at this LS1 site then just LS1 talk.

hey check out this link, this is what i have spent. look at all the suspension crap i have done, cuz i like to turn too. as a matter of fact most of the money i have spent has been on stuff for auto cross.

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread...41#post1832241

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by FreakV6 View Post
    ls1 site, in the v6 section though.

I agree with 3k you can make the ls1 alot quicker, but you need to think about the intital price of the car too. you looking at at least another 3k in cost to start out with an ls1, and even more if you want a decent car to start with. As for the ls6 swap, 3k wouldnt even begin to touch it. not only do you need the motor and tranny, but you need the k member, wiring harness, pcm, gauge cluster and a lot more. As for what the list i gave him will do for speed/power? If he goes the bolt on, cam, nitrous route he can have a 12 sec car with the right tuning and shot. With a home built turbo kit i have a friend that is currently deep into the 12's on 18 lbs. (completly stock bottom internals, only headers and fuel upgrades).

Im not trying to argue, all i was saying is the guy asked what he could do with 3k to his v6. As i said earlier i will be the first to say that the ls1 is the superior platform, however not everyone goes that direction. i guess in the end we can all agree as long as its a f-body thats all that matters.

12's on nitrous. in my car stock i ran 13.2. now on crap street tires i run 12.7@115 on a 2.2 60ft. Also horse power TV just did an LQ9 build up for just over 1k. that leaves almost 2 for the k-member, harness, and tranny. more then enough. hell i've got my stock k-member im selling for $40 plus shipping or pick up. then you would have a 6.0L and not an LS1!

red
    2001 v6 camaro

your comparting apples to oranges when you say you run that, becuase im not debating that your ls1 isnt quicker stock for stock. your starting out with about 150 more horsepower. All im saying is a v6 can be modded to have some nice power, and I gaurntee a v6 running that 12.xx would get a lot more respect then your ls1 doing the same. As for the swap, i have yet to see someone get away with an ls1 swap for under 6k. the list of parts i gave was only the start, their are a bunch of other things you need (ds, rear, steering rack, fuel system, etc).
    Last edited by FreakV6; 02-27-2009 at 11:52 AM.

Stock
    2002 Camaro

okay I clicked the link but only got your quote am I missing something?
    Just asking not sure what to do from there.
    ya sorry just scroll up to the top. it's in the first post

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Hey do they make a coil over set for the rear?
    They are in production as we speak! And i am very excited about them. I'll let you know when i hear more......

Red
    1999 Pontiac Trans-Am

Quote Originally Posted by Johns00Z28 View Post
    Also you shouldn't be suprised people suggest LS1's on LS1.com....lol.
    well this is also the "v6" section on LS1.com so dont be surprised if people in this area get tired of hearing "buy an LS1"
    Last edited by 1 RedHot TransAm; 02-28-2009 at 06:41 PM.

Black
    2000 Z-28

ls1 site, in the v6 section though.

I agree with 3k you can make the ls1 alot quicker, but you need to think about the intital price of the car too. you looking at at least another 3k in cost to start out with an ls1, and even more if you want a decent car to start with. As for the ls6 swap, 3k wouldnt even begin to touch it. not only do you need the motor and tranny, but you need the k member, wiring harness, pcm, gauge cluster and a lot more. As for what the list i gave him will do for speed/power? If he goes the bolt on, cam, nitrous route he can have a 12 sec car with the right tuning and shot. With a home built turbo kit i have a friend that is currently deep into the 12's on 18 lbs. (completly stock bottom internals, only headers and fuel upgrades).

Im not trying to argue, all i was saying is the guy asked what he could do with 3k to his v6. As i said earlier i will be the first to say that the ls1 is the superior platform, however not everyone goes that direction. i guess in the end we can all agree as long as its a f-body thats all that matters.

Yeah I wasn't talking about getting another car altogether. I just meant buy a used LS1 motor, stock or modded and I'm sure you could find one within that price range....probably w/ trans as well.

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by 1 RedHot TransAm View Post
    well this is also the "v6" section on LS1.com so dont be surprised if people in this area get tired of hearing "buy an LS1"
    But still it's like going to Burger King and ordering a Big Mac...... It's just wrong

Burnt Orange
    1996 Firebird

damn, this topic is way off topic, i was kinda just looking for ideas or get some links to sites for my car, if i wanted an ls1 i would have done that already. Guess what dont have the money so those of you suggesting that i suggest you go elsewhere cuz i'm not listening to the B.S.

Impounded

NBM
    99 z28

Quote Originally Posted by babynate18 View Post
    damn, this topic is way off topic, i was kinda just looking for ideas or get some links to sites for my car, if i wanted an ls1 i would have done that already. Guess what dont have the money so those of you suggesting that i suggest you go elsewhere cuz i'm not listening to the B.S.
    These site's might help you a little bit. www.camarov6.com and/or www.v6fbody.com.
    Last edited by Boomer Sooner; 03-01-2009 at 08:21 PM.

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Last i checked you weren't listening to us, you were READING our posts. You want a suggestion?
    Step 1
    Take off Gas cap

Step 2
    back up new car

Step 3
    Stop complaining

DONE!

Thanks for READING!

red
    2001 v6 camaro

even better one...

www.v6f-body.net

Black
    2000 Z-28

Something like this was what I was talking about.
    http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/lsx-pa...rness-ecm.html

Impounded

NBM
    99 z28

even better one...

www.v6f-body.net
    I forgot about that one.

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

Not to mention the weight difference too. I guessing he'd be saveing 200+ pounds or around that figure. Thats like kickin' out the fat girl before you run it! LOL
    Weight difference with the 3800 is prolly the otherway around. Cast Iron block and heads then Aluminum upper and lower intake manifold. Versus aluminum block and heads wtih a composite intake manifold.

For the OP
    Another site to check out is www.fullthrottlev6.com

Burnt Orange
    1996 Firebird

Dr Crash your sarcasm is not needed here, take it to someone elses post that actually will get some entertainment out of your stupidity.

Thank everyone else for the links

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Dr Crash your sarcasm is not needed here, take it to someone elses post that actually will get some entertainment out of your stupidity.

Thank everyone else for the links

wow it was a joke, get over it. And normally sarcasm take some sort of intelligence, so Thanks! Did you miss your nap or something?

Last edited by Dr.Crash; 03-04-2009 at 12:55 AM.

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Hey why do mid-west folks get worked up so much? Judging from Dr. Crashes other posts thats just his style. No need to get worked up over poking some good natured fun man. .....And yes, I've missed my nap by like 4 hrs ago! LOL
    Im not getting worked up at all. but you on the other hand started to go off on someone else who was just (as you put it) "poking fun". I dont take anything on here serious, some people just need to get over them selves. Thats why on my posts that are meant to be funny, i make sure people know by using but i guess thats just to hard for some of you eastern folks. Thanks for the laugh

oh and which "posts" of mine do you speak of? I seem to remember you telling that other guy the same thing. Or i am wrong?
    Last edited by Dr.Crash; 03-04-2009 at 12:59 AM.

Stock
    2002 Camaro

I love when folks call others retarded for cracking a joke, or making an error. It makes the site so much more pleasant! Hey lets just insult everyone! Would'nt that be fantastic? "You suck!" "No you suck!" "thats not funny!" "No thats not funny!"
    OMFG! It's like Looney Tunes! "Mine-yours-mine-yours-yours-mine-yours-mine!"
    Oh and that retarded thing was just "poking fun".

Stock
    2002 Camaro

This board doesnt even have a MOD.... sorry thats just too funny

Thread Information