Thread: Acura TL...dead

Red
    1998 Trans Am WS7

Acura TL...dead

An 04-08 Acura TL pulled up level to me and kicked it, i turned my music down to just to hear it. he back down, got evel to me and 70 mph roll up tp 120, I pulled car and half on him on the interstate.

Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

Quote Originally Posted by 13nickels View Post
    An 04-08 Acura TL pulled up level to me and kicked it, i turned my music down to just to hear it. he back down, got evel to me and 70 mph roll up tp 120, I pulled car and half on him on the interstate.
    really?? i raced one in my 6 speed lt1 with just a k&n. bout about 2 cars till 125

you should PWN him for sure, he had to be modded.
    1999 mbm Z m6/ forged 346, lt's, wires, ls6 intake, sts rear turbo.

*SOLD*2002 black ws6- <Bolt ons, ls6 heads, mild cam, dyno tune, full susp. and 4.10s> --440rwhp/395rwtq

Red
    1998 Trans Am WS7

Quote Originally Posted by Kaotic_ws6 View Post
    really?? i raced one in my 6 speed lt1 with just a k&n. bout about 2 cars till 125

you should PWN him for sure, he had to be modded.
    its an A4, but i have 3.73s, it was in O/D and it droped to 3rd at 4000 rpms. he may have jumped on me, i couldnt hear his car at all, mine was at 2300 rpms at 70. LTs full exhust bla bla, its fuggin loud. he just nodded when i stepped on the gas. when i turned down the radio i head a whistle (not turbo) could have been an intake system. who knows. you make me want to run again. legit..haha, 3 honks, haha oh yeah my water pump was going out on the trip back, but im not making excuses.
    ?R/A Hood, SPL lid, SLP Bellows, OBX Headers w/ Off road Y pipe, SLP Loud Mouth II, HyperTech Tune, MSD Wires, 3.73 10 bolt, Brembo Rotors, Eibach Sportlines, Bilsteen HD Shocks, 35mm fr 25mm r sway bar.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Thats about right the race you did, im glad your honest and didnt come up with some BS about owning him by ten cars, lol. Not being able to hear the other car is major in a race were you have an auto, even so with an M6, gotta be on the throttle quick for it to kick down and go. If he punches it first your still gonna easily win but not as much as you would if you were to hit it at the same time. Good kill though and if you raced the newer ones acura TL type S they have a more strict and realistic hp rating at 286hp if you raced the non S they pull 258hp as far as the newer models the older models which look pretty much the same have i think 270hp i think with the more strict rating they took it down to 258hp thats why its lower now and the S model is revised to 286hp. Not 100% on it im sure someone will chime in and be more accurate.

10's N/A

That guy was modded for sure. I've heard of a few guys sneaking in a small shot of juice on those TL's. Nice kill though!

blue
    2002 Camaro Z28

i ran into one a little while back when i was driving back from school. we went from around 50 to 100 a couple of times left him 2 - 3 cars behind. gave ech other thumbs up and were on our merry ways
    2002 z28-slp cai, slp loudmouth, slp tuned headers, slp 85 mm MAF, slp high flow cats, 3" y-pipe and collectors
    331.6 rwhp/356.9 rwtq

pewter
    2002 camaro

hmm, ive had a couple try and race me, but i didnt think they were fast, next time ill give it a shot.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

When you go up against cars like that we dont just pull on them like there civics, its a quick car and you have to go through your gears to really start pulling the longer the race lasts the worse off the Acura is. So if the race started off at a lower speeds by the time he wouldve hit 120mph it wouldve been much worse for the TL or if they wouldve gone higher in speed again it wouldve been much worse for the TL. I actually like the car, wish it had more power but it serves its purpose and i wouldnt mind having one as a daily driver, ofcourse just preference there are other great cars out there as well.

Trans Am owner
    former

check around on youtube. there are guys with supercharged TL's.

more common then I figured. those things have the NSX motors, and definetly wouldnt underestimate one.

my dad owns a TSX, but I'd blow the doors off one of them......I know how quick they are

Black
    1999 Z28 Convert

Um WTF? The auto TL's run mid 14's. How the FUCK did it keep up with a 12 second car?

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Eric1987 View Post
    Um WTF? The auto TL's run mid 14's. How the FUCK did it keep up with a 12 second car?
    um i dunno, maybe he had some mods like everyone above is saying

Red
    1998 Trans Am WS7

the 70-120 roll was over fast, and like i said, he may have jumped un me. i was in OD and it shifted its self into 3rd. Plus it could have been modded. He was very aggresive about racing me. Im not stock and he might have thought i was. Who knows guys, next time i'll flag them down or PIT menuver them and interogate the shit out of them.

Thread Information