Black
    99 Formula

Nitrous: Don't leave home without it

Went for a cruise Saturday, car barely started cause battery was dead. My N2O gauge reads zero and it should have been full. I figured I left the valve open and it seeped out.

Later I come up on a F430 Modena at a light. I'm behind him, single lane that splits into two after the intersection. I rev it up and get his attention. The light changes and he put puts off. When the lane split I blast up next to him, he does nothing, so I blow by him and wind half way through second and short shift third and fourth cause he ain't playing.

Then in my side view I see a yellow streak comming fast with 15-20 mph on me. I punch it in fourth @ 50. Down shift to third, still low in rpm band butt not worth going to second. He passes me and gets 1.5 cars out on me till the end of third where we level out. I hit fourth and it's like I'm tethered to his bumper and we run up to 110mph. I lose.

Latter I find out my N2O gauge read 0 cause the weak battery and I had a full bottle all along. Totally bummed me out, could've spanked him

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

He most likely didn't want to waste his time on you or wasn't even going full throttle.

Pewter
    2002 Z28 (sold)

I had the same thing happen to me, but not with a Ferrari, but a Porsche 911 Turbo. I was driving and a see this sweet Black 911 so I get next to him, and rev at him. He does nothing, then I do the speed up/slow down thing. Doesn't bite. About a second or two later I'm looking to the left, (he was on my right), he screams past me. Before I could even react, and give chase, there were a bunch of cars in front of us, so I said screw him.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

I feel you! Finally found an exotic that was willing to play around and didn't tap the spray!

Black
    99 Formula

Quote Originally Posted by adam3566 View Post
    He most likely didn't want to waste his time on you or wasn't even going full throttle.
    Yeah, I'm sure he didn't think much to start with, Car is a Formula and looks like stock V6 bird, butt since I run 12.3 on the engine he sure as shit wasn't playing with me. 11.3 @123 spraying (his ass was mine).

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

with spray he would definitly not be able to keep up even if you didnt post your times i would know that off the bat. On my LT1 camaro with a 125 shot i was at 389rwhp ofcourse with full exhuast and other bolt ons. At 150 shot i wouldve easily been at 405-410rwhp and thats an LT1 with an LS1 should be with all the bolt ons and 150 shot at about 460+rwhp. Ofcourse give or take and how the tune is, i dont know what mods you exactly have but if you had all the bolt ons meaning LT's and so on you would be at about 330-350rwhp with a 150 shot of nitrous its easily safe to say 460rwhp shouldnt be a problem and the F430 does not pull that much to the wheels and no were near the amount of rwtq your gonna pull especially with the nitrous. Sure it weighs lighter but the amount of TQ and HP will definitly make up that difference quickly with the nitrous. Even though nothing taken away from the F430 its an amazing car and not everyone is going to be the fastest.

Black
    99 Formula

Mods are ported MAF and TB, LS6 intake, ASP, LT, TR224, Spec stage 3, 3.73 and of course 150 extra whoop ass at the flip of a switch, (which i thought i was out of

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Yup, those mods will definitly put him away, lol.

Black
    99 Formula

Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post
    Yup, those mods will definitly put him away, lol.
    Can I get an amen.

3-Time F-Body Offender doozjamann's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 SS Camaro

amen

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

I had a guy want to play with me the other day, its just an 02 Mustang GT, but I know the guy. its weird, I dated his cousin, so he knew me, but all he knows is that i drive a camaro, so weve met on the street, but I dont think knows its me.

Anyway, its just a GT, but its blown, and I've seen it run. a few weeks ago he was driving beside me at about 60 out on this open stretch, he downshifts and punches it, and im not shitting you, by the time i covered the next 100 yards, he had covered 250.

needless to say i turned off the other night

^ Get a LS1 !, I raced a F.I. 08 GT in my C5, It couldn't pull on me at all.

98 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by cuzimoto View Post

Then in my side view I see a yellow streak comming fast with 15-20 mph on me.
    I just want to point out that you can never under estimate how much of an advantage it is when someone gets a running start. If it went down the way you described, I wouldn't even call it a fair race.

None

I almost beat this 07 GT500, had him from the start...
    My bottle was done, or it would have never been a race!

Nice guy he was, we raced 3 times, he could not believe
    how close I could stay with him! Bottle full, then he was
    toasted bad. We pulled over and chatted, he wanted to
    see my bottle... go figure!

None

Quote Originally Posted by JoeShmoe View Post
    I just want to point out that you can never under estimate how much of an advantage it is when someone gets a running start. If it went down the way you described, I wouldn't even call it a fair race.
    Never let anyone get a run on U!

Black
    99 Formula

Quote Originally Posted by JoeShmoe View Post
    That's how it went down. I really thought he had no interest and then mother f**ker, and it was too late. Like one of the others said, there bad ass cars and I know I'd be lucky to beat him motor only butt it would've been good. Would've really shocked him if i had the spray and shut him down with the run he had on me.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by cuzimoto View Post
    Went for a cruise Saturday, car barely started cause battery was dead. My N2O gauge reads zero and it should have been full. I figured I left the valve open and it seeped out.

Later I come up on a F430 Modena at a light. I'm behind him, single lane that splits into two after the intersection. I rev it up and get his attention. The light changes and he put puts off. When the lane split I blast up next to him, he does nothing, so I blow by him and wind half way through second and short shift third and fourth cause he ain't playing.

Then in my side view I see a yellow streak comming fast with 15-20 mph on me. I punch it in fourth @ 50. Down shift to third, still low in rpm band butt not worth going to second. He passes me and gets 1.5 cars out on me till the end of third where we level out. I hit fourth and it's like I'm tethered to his bumper and we run up to 110mph. I lose.

Latter I find out my N2O gauge read 0 cause the weak battery and I had a full bottle all along. Totally bummed me out, could've spanked him
    what a douche licker for not lining up w/you

Black
    99 Formula

It's like getting sucker punched.

Thread Information