Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Navy Blue Metallic
    `98 Formula M6 HdTp

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    I don't know about that. Maybe it's just that the pickin's are slim in your neck of the woods. A stock LS1 Fbody is nothing to jump for joy about,,,I surely wouldn't be running around with a stocker thinking I was the baddest on the street.
    I'm referring to Stock vs Stock.

And I live North of Detroit where the Car culture is King and the average LS1 at the Street Races are running 10's.
    Craig
    Semi Retired Street Racer
    2012 Lava Red Mustang GT Coupe Brembo/3.73's
    Build Date 3/17/11, Last Lava Red GT

Gone but not forgoten
    NBM `98 Formula M6 HdTp
    1 of 1 Build Date 3/12/98

Red
    2001 Trash Can

I was a passenger with my buddy in his 02 Ws6 with lid, slp lm2. and sfc's. A Fox Body pulls next to us and is LOUD AS HELL (turns out he had mids and straight exhaust with no mufflers). We go 3 runs all from about 55 mph and we murder this guy, and I mean MURDER him and let off around 110 each time. Had to have had at least 7 cars each time.

We pull over at a gas station and the car has a pretty nice lope to it and the guy asks "what the mods you have" so my buddy tells him and he's like "damn, well you have more hp from the factory than me anyway" and laughs. He had a 302 with heads, cam, mids with straight pipes and some suspension work and was really cool about it. Definately better when the people you race are cool, win or lose!

Navy Blue Metallic
    `98 Formula M6 HdTp

Quote Originally Posted by 01ws6er View Post
    Definately better when the people you race are cool, win or lose!
    To me thats what it is all about meeting people and making friends.
    We can all appreciate fast cars no matter who makes them.

Quote Originally Posted by 01 SS Vert View Post
    As much as I love old muscle cars, most 'fast' cars back then only ran 14s.
    Must be in your neck of the woods

Quote Originally Posted by 9T8W66 View Post
    I'm referring to Stock vs Stock.

And I live North of Detroit where the Car culture is King and the average LS1 at the Street Races are running 10's.
    I was too,,,,

Hmmm, you have me confused, first you say comparing stock for stock then you tell me LS1's at street races are running 10's???? Which is it???
    Last edited by Firebirdjones; 02-16-2009 at 11:45 AM.

Navy Blue Metallic
    `98 Formula M6 HdTp

Well me and my father each bought M6 Formula's new in`98.
    I proceeded to take this stock car to the street's quite often that first year and surprised the hell out of alot of old muscle.
    The fact's are that most of the performance cars built in the Original Musclecar era were 14 second cars, With a supertune and modern rubber you can get them into the high 13's pretty easily. That puts them in stock LS1 territory. I'm not saying there aren't strong running cars out there but the average musclecar vs the average LS1 usually favors the LS1.

Impounded

NBM
    99 z28

I don't know about that. Maybe it's just that the pickin's are slim in your neck of the woods. A stock LS1 Fbody is nothing to jump for joy about,,,I surely wouldn't be running around with a stocker thinking I was the baddest on the street.
    This is exactly why I don't go out "looking" for races when I'm out and about. My car is basically stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer Sooner View Post
    This is exactly why I don't go out "looking" for races when I'm out and about. My car is basically stock.
    Ya there is always something faster, I never take anything for granted. Both of my LS1's are modded and can run well into the 12's but that's still nothing to get excited about, ( I don't anyway)
    There are plenty of street cars faster than that. My chevelle runs low 11's and close to 120 mph and I've still had my hands full many times on the street.

Well me and my father each bought M6 Formula's new in`98.
    I proceeded to take this stock car to the street's quite often that first year and surprised the hell out of alot of old muscle.
    The fact's are that most of the performance cars built in the Original Musclecar era were 14 second cars, With a supertune and modern rubber you can get them into the high 13's pretty easily. That puts them in stock LS1 territory. I'm not saying there aren't strong running cars out there but the average musclecar vs the average LS1 usually favors the LS1.
    Ya 13's are pretty typical for most decent street cars but quite frankly that was only considered a fast car on the street back in the mid 80's at best.
    Getting the old muscle cars to run 13's is easy. I ran my 70 firebird formula in "purestock" muscle car races many times. On stock F-70x14 bias ply rubber it runs 13.60's at 102 mph. Just a little 400/ automatic car with 3.31 gears, exactly how it was built. And this isn't the top of the food chain muscle car either. There are plenty of other quicker or better equipped stock muscle cars out there much faster than that. You just haven't come accross the right one

Navy Blue Metallic
    `98 Formula M6 HdTp

Ya 13's are pretty typical for most decent street cars but quite frankly that was only considered a fast car on the street back in the mid 80's at best.
    Getting the old muscle cars to run 13's is easy. I ran my 70 firebird formula in "purestock" muscle car races many times. On stock F-70x14 bias ply rubber it runs 13.60's at 102 mph. Just a little 400/ automatic car with 3.31 gears, exactly how it was built. And this isn't the top of the food chain muscle car either. There are plenty of other quicker or better equipped stock muscle cars out there much faster than that. You just haven't come accross the right one
    I agree on the street it's run what ya brung and experience has it's merits.
    I have alot of respect for you guys that run in Pure Stock Musclecar Drags, You have made launching on little tires into an Artform. I mean no disrespect towards Old Muscle I believe we can't fully appreciate where we are now without paying homage to where we used to be.

I agree on the street it's run what ya brung and experience has it's merits.
    I have alot of respect for you guys that run in Pure Stock Musclecar Drags, You have made launching on little tires into an Artform. I mean no disrespect towards Old Muscle I believe we can't fully appreciate where we are now without paying homage to where we used to be.
    Ya I agree totally.

I was an amature at the pure stock stuff compared to most of those guys. The amount of work and money that goes into some of those cars is way beyond me.

This is my favorite race:

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post

thats funny as hell. no wait he all ready did

black
    1999 ws6 trans-am

thats priceless. seen fast and furious one to many times hu...

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

That is funny.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA. If i were a LEO I would break it off in their ass for that. Had some guy in a giant lowered blazer... go figure ....do that crap in walmart parking lot trying to show off for the muscle cars , saw a cop watching the road about 1/8 mile away and flashed him with my LED light.. epic fail for them.

Thread Information