Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Quote Originally Posted by richard head View Post
    Yeah, your performance car would take a grocery getter with the same engine as a Buick. Hondas suck balls, the only camaros they can take are the STOCK v6's. I had a nitrous 3.8 spraying a 75 shot on a stock motor with stock exhaust and stock tune running a 13.8 down the 1/4 mile. Swapped rearends, put headers on and tuned it and then had a wreck before I could get my 12. Guarantee you won't find a bolt-on Honda, even with a power adder, that can run 12's and still be that streetable.

Jap cars FTL. The new GTR is a POS that's too expensive.
    by the way, my 95 camaro has a 3800 series II, my 95 Buick i had before it has a 3800 series II. ill agree, identical motors, but tuned very differently.

the block is only a minor factor, i mean think about it, the Lotus Elise got its motor out of a Camry, the Ariel Atoms came out of a Cavalier. I may be wrong on this one but i believe VW makes the motor for the Veyron.

Pewter
    Y2K WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    by the way, my 95 camaro has a 3800 series II, my 95 Buick i had before it has a 3800 series II. ill agree, identical motors, but tuned very differently.

the block is only a minor factor, i mean think about it, the Lotus Elise got its motor out of a Camry, the Ariel Atoms came out of a Cavalier. I may be wrong on this one but i believe VW makes the motor for the Veyron.
    hahahahaha you just jumped off the cliff with the last sentence. the quad turbo w-12 is not just some production engine in a much much lighter car with a new tune. Not saying that someone at VW didn't specifically build one for that app. but it's a FAR cry from any of the other 2 you mentioned.

Race the little fucker and get it over with. Really not to be an ass... but neither of you have fast cars. I look at it like 2 chihuahuas getting in a fight. definitely not a fight that will solve anything. Just a lot of yapping and a couple little squeeks and the fight is over.

Monterey Maroon Metalic
    2000 Z28

For what it's worth I doubt he's got a GXP. Is there a way you can forget something and have to run out to your car to get it so you can check out his ride? If he's N/A then you have a good shot against him but I'd take him from a low roll if possible, I think it would help you a little more since you are heavier and make a little more power.

Another thing, if he's really that cocky he might go easy on you just to make it that much better and you could end up beating him. Anything can happen on the street. Either way it works out, you had better hammer down! Don't give him anything, take everything. -King Lionidas "300"

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by hoss 2000 z-28 View Post
    Anything can happen on the street. Either way it works out, you had better hammer down! Don't give him anything, take everything. -King Lionidas "300"
    ahhh yes a little known fact is king lionidas was quite the street racer

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    ahhh yes a little known fact is king lionidas was quite the street racer
    i think i read that on wikipedia

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Quote Originally Posted by stevenm357 View Post
    hahahahaha you just jumped off the cliff with the last sentence. the quad turbo w-12 is not just some production engine in a much much lighter car with a new tune. Not saying that someone at VW didn't specifically build one for that app. but it's a FAR cry from any of the other 2 you mentioned.

Race the little fucker and get it over with. Really not to be an ass... but neither of you have fast cars. I look at it like 2 chihuahuas getting in a fight. definitely not a fight that will solve anything. Just a lot of yapping and a couple little squeeks and the fight is over.
    yeah i wasnt real sure, i was also pretty drunk typing that one, i know the VW phaeton had the W-12, and i believe they own bugatti, but whatever, i got my point across

competition yellow
    1999 camaro m6

Quote Originally Posted by 1 RedHot TransAm View Post
    the 3.8l chevy motor is not junk by any means, if you dont believe me google the 89 turbo trans am , or the 80's buick grand nationals, they'll run with a stock LS1 no problem.
    first of all the 3.8l is a buick motor and i have one in my bonneville and its bulletproof my buddy has a regal with the 3.8 supercharged with 3in all the way back with a tuner and headers and he almost keeps up with my ls1

Red
    1999 Pontiac Trans-Am

Quote Originally Posted by 99z-28 View Post
    first of all the 3.8l is a buick motor and i have one in my bonneville and its bulletproof my buddy has a regal with the 3.8 supercharged with 3in all the way back with a tuner and headers and he almost keeps up with my ls1
    dude, never seen a yellow Z, is that factory?....looks nice

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Quote Originally Posted by hoss 2000 z-28 View Post
    For what it's worth I doubt he's got a GXP. Is there a way you can forget something and have to run out to your car to get it so you can check out his ride? If he's N/A then you have a good shot against him but I'd take him from a low roll if possible, I think it would help you a little more since you are heavier and make a little more power.

Another thing, if he's really that cocky he might go easy on you just to make it that much better and you could end up beating him. Anything can happen on the street. Either way it works out, you had better hammer down! Don't give him anything, take everything. -King Lionidas "300"
    Not hard to tell if it's the turbo version. On the back it will say GXP.

PEWETER METALIC
    2002 CAMARO Z-28 M-6

agreed that looks sick. To the OP to see if its turbo simply look for the words GXP on the car and that means its got a hair dryer on it!

Red
    2001 Trash Can

You should just fight him, your chances are better

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Just do what most stang owners say, ahh i wasnt ready, ahhh my car is not running right, ahhh my tranny is messed up, lol. Just messin with you, if its not a GXP you should keep up in the begining but its anyone's guess on the outcome of the race.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

Just slap a 50 shot of N2O on the 3.8 and then you'll likely be more pleased with the outcome.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    Not that i'm a fan but i like proving people wrong..... take your pick...

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...rch_type=&aq=f
    And you just proved his point.

That POS "12 second" Honda is not even close to be as streetable as his 3800 series.

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    And you just proved his point.

That POS "12 second" Honda is not even close to be as streetable as his 3800 series.
    that? that is singular, there are numerous there, so i would try they, at that i would guess that a good number of those are gonna be just fine on the street.... probably just as well mannered as the 3800..... that being said, i prefer the anything with the 3800 over a honda anyday, I drove a 3800S/C bonnevile all through hs, easy motor to work on and bout the only thing that will go wrong with them is an intake mantifold/gasket...

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Quote Originally Posted by Justin93 View Post
    agreed that looks sick. To the OP to see if its turbo simply look for the words GXP on the car and that means its got a hair dryer on it!
    yeah i know, but i never get to see his car up close, always from windows at work, and its been raining all week. he always gets to work after me and leaves before me.

competition yellow
    1999 camaro m6

no it was custom painted competition yellow the motor, door panels,inside of car was a stripped and painted was hugger orange. got black z06 wheels coming in mail

Red
    1999 Trans Am

should be pretty close..

Those Pontiac Solstice Turbo and Saturn Sky Turbo both net a around a 14.0 with a 100+mph trap speed in stock form. Even the automatics run that. If you have a 3.8L V6 in that Camaro you are done for.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    Those Pontiac Solstice Turbo and Saturn Sky Turbo both net a around a 14.0 with a 100+mph trap speed in stock form. Even the automatics run that. If you have a 3.8L V6 in that Camaro you are done for.
    No doubt they are quick outta the hole and are mean, but they dont have that top end.

My friend won one last year and we beat the piss outta it before he sold it.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information