Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

True anything can be made fast, but some shouldnt not be attempted even if they succeed.

300RWHP, 341RWTQ
    1/8 mile 8.32 at 83.97
    1/4 mile 13.049 at 105.24

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    I've driven both of them. The S2K is a fantastic handling car, even in stock form. The problem with this car is it sucks for daily driving because it makes all of its 240hp at the very top. So when driving normal on the street you're winding the motor out to 5k+ just to get moving. Basically, if you're racing the car around a course it will impress, when you're not racing and just driving you will be disappointed.

The NSX is one of the best car's I've driven. I drove a bolt ons one with suspension work. That car was amazing to drive. It nailed the corners and hit the apexes perfectly. The steering was just fantastic. The car felt planted and rigid around the track. Since it had a V6 over the rear wheels, the traction and torque was there. It was quite usable on the street, not to mention the car looks like sex on wheels. This car is definately not a very fast car, but in a car like this, you get what I like to call "the total package". Everything works so well together on and off the street. That being said, I do believe the car is overpriced.

Everything else made my Honda was FWD nonsense for the daily commuter. However, anything can be made fast.
    Too bad the NSX is ridiculously overpriced. 90K plus for a slow ass car that has suspension work. Sorry just not impressed. For that kinda money you can get a lot better of vehicle that will not only handle better, but have way more power. S2k is even overpriced personally. 35k for a mid to low 14 second car that handles decently. No thanks, I will pass again on both. But in the end I would take the S2k over the NSX. Purely because I could not justify or or even want to spend that kinda money on a car of that low caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by adam3566 View Post
    Too bad the NSX is ridiculously overpriced. 90K plus for a slow ass car that has suspension work. Sorry just not impressed. For that kinda money you can get a lot better of vehicle that will not only handle better, but have way more power. S2k is even overpriced personally. 35k for a mid to low 14 second car that handles decently. No thanks, I will pass again on both. But in the end I would take the S2k over the NSX. Purely because I could not justify or or even want to spend that kinda money on a car of that low caliber.
    I agree, you'd be a fool to spend $90k for an NSX, could have saved a bit more and gotten yourself a ZR1, which decimates the NSX. However, now days you can pick up a nice used NSX for $30k. SO under those circumstances it's a decent buy.... but not new.

Red
    2002 Z06 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Nice kill.

Ricers are stupid lol, they always end up losing.
    Come on man not all drivers of cars made in Japan are driven by "Ricer Mentallity" owners. They have made incredible advances in performance technology and have made us die hard "Muscle Heads" move forward to keep up. Let's take one car comparo. The Nissan GT-R MSRP's for around $80k which is on par with a loaded '08 Z06. But on my own sight "ZO6Vette.com" they always run the car comapro's on the GT-R verses the new ZR1 which MSRP's at $120 plus. I mean the ZR1 is $40k more right off the bat. I love both cars and offered a local Nissar Dealer MSRP for the GT-R but they told me that they were selling to the highest bidder. Screw that. I refuse to be raped by delers. I bought another used C5Z06 w/4.2K miles and all the bolt-ons and an agressive cam. When I add the Maggie I will toast E55AMG's, M5's, SRT10's, C6Z06's, and stock ZR1's. I will have less tha $40K in the car when complete but I still don't trash talk the competition. There are a lot of incredible cars out there. Some of us enjoy them all. Especially when I can view them from the rear view mirror
    Last edited by BLACKNIGHT03Z06; 12-27-2008 at 05:10 AM.
    02' Z06 EB/EB 4.6K miles, Longtubes, Off-road X, Pypes X-back, Blackwing CAI, Comp. Cam 238/240-.605/.609-112LSA, Comp. Beehive Springs, Comp. Titanium Retainers, Comp. Perf. Push Rods, Comp. Billet Double Roller Timing Chain, Hurst Short Throw, Cray 19"/20" w/ Toyo Proxes4 265/30/19's & 295/30/20's

Quote Originally Posted by BLACKNIGHT03Z06 View Post
    Come on man not all drivers of cars made in Japan are driven by "Ricer Mentallity" owners. They have made incredible advances in performance technology and have made us die hard "Muscle Heads" move forward to keep up. Let's take one car comparo. The Nissan GT-R MSRP's for around $80k which is on par with a loaded '08 Z06. But on my own sight "ZO6Vette.com" they always run the car comapro's on the GT-R verses the new ZR1 which MSRP's at $120 plus. I mean the ZR1 is $40k more right off the bat. I love both cars and offered a local Nissar Dealer MSRP for the GT-R but they told me that they were selling to the highest bidder. Screw that. I refuse to be raped by delers. I bought another used C5Z06 w/4.2K miles and all the bolt-ons and an agressive cam. When I add the Maggie I will toast E55AMG's, M5's, SRT10's, C6Z06's, and stock ZR1's. I will have less tha $40K in the car when complete but I still don't trask talk the competition. There are a lot of incredible cars out there. Some of us enjoy them all espeially when I can view them from the rear view mirror
    +1

These are the domestic owners I like to hang around.

Red
    2002 Z06 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    +1

These are the domestic owners I like to hang around.
    Thanks man. I just get so sick of the trash talk that has no merrit. There are just as many V6 Mustangs and Comaros around here with SVT and SS badges as there are Hondas with Fart Cans. However some of the best races that I have had were with a Civic Hatch with a huge turbo and a very nice body kit and interior and a 240SX with basically the same. If you take the time to look past the Badge on the rear and look at the tire/wheel combo, the quality of the body kit, the stability of the exhaust, and the huge inter cooler up front if you get a chance to see it, you can eliminate the posers without even throwing a rev.

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Quote Originally Posted by BLACKNIGHT03Z06 View Post
    Come on man not all drivers of cars made in Japan are driven by "Ricer Mentallity" owners. They have made incredible advances in performance technology and have made us die hard "Muscle Heads" move forward to keep up. Let's take one car comparo. The Nissan GT-R MSRP's for around $80k which is on par with a loaded '08 Z06. But on my own sight "ZO6Vette.com" they always run the car comapro's on the GT-R verses the new ZR1 which MSRP's at $120 plus. I mean the ZR1 is $40k more right off the bat. I love both cars and offered a local Nissar Dealer MSRP for the GT-R but they told me that they were selling to the highest bidder. Screw that. I refuse to be raped by delers. I bought another used C5Z06 w/4.2K miles and all the bolt-ons and an agressive cam. When I add the Maggie I will toast E55AMG's, M5's, SRT10's, C6Z06's, and stock ZR1's. I will have less tha $40K in the car when complete but I still don't trash talk the competition. There are a lot of incredible cars out there. Some of us enjoy them all. Especially when I can view them from the rear view mirror
    Too bad that GT-R has one of the worst transmission put in it. If they put a 6 speed standard in it, it would have been a lot more bullet proof. 20k for a new transmission and not to mention trying to find a dealership to work on it. The car itself is decent, but the transmission is terrible!

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

Too bad that GT-R has one of the worst transmission put in it. If they put a 6 speed standard in it, it would have been a lot more bullet proof. 20k for a new transmission and not to mention trying to find a dealership to work on it. The car itself is decent, but the transmission is terrible!
    man tranny, awd, 500 horse, 3800lbs............that 1st 2nd shift wouldnt cause any shock to the drivetrain...lol

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    man tranny, awd, 500 horse, 3800lbs............that 1st 2nd shift wouldnt cause any shock to the drivetrain...lol
    Not even close. Look at mercedes AMG division or the bmw m6. Most of the AMG cars are pigs! They take a beating like no other and don't blow out after 10-15 launches like that p.o.s nissan does.

silver
    2002 ws6

lol @ hondas. they R silly

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

Not even close. Look at mercedes AMG division or the bmw m6. Most of the AMG cars are pigs! They take a beating like no other and don't blow out after 10-15 launches like that p.o.s nissan does.
    there rear wheel drive.........NOT all wheel drive

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

German Engineering > Japanese "Engineering"

But it wouldn't have been as fast, since the average driver can't launch right or shift fast. However, it would have been a much better car if they'd kept it simple with a 6 speed. If they did that, I would see the GTR as a decent car, regardless of how much slower it is with the 6 speed.

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

there rear wheel drive.........NOT all wheel drive
    Wow thank you for informing me of that. Never knew mercedes wasn't awd. God your an dumbass. If you have nothing to imput or anything or usefull knowlodge shut it. Face the facts its a p.o.s transmission and that's what I was stating.

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    German Engineering > Japanese "Engineering"
    If they would have put a standard 6 speed in it, it would have been an awesome car. But they decided to cheapen it up and put a p.o.s in it. Makes themselves look bad if you ask me. Paying 80k and not being able to hammer on it when I want to? No thanks.

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Can't believe no one has stated this is either. Porsche is awd and plenty of ponies. One of the, if not the best transmissions around. 6 speed manual or automatic they are both awesome in that car.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

If they would have put a standard 6 speed in it, it would have been an awesome car. But they decided to cheapen it up and put a p.o.s in it. Makes themselves look bad if you ask me. Paying 80k and not being able to hammer on it when I want to? No thanks.
    The best six speed transmission in the world can't fix ugly or fat.

And the GTR is both very ugly and very fat, at a portly 4,000lbs and with a face only the japanese could love. Real race bred cars like Porsche 911, Dodge Viper, and Corvette are hundreds of pounds less, and for obvious reasons.

The GTR is a Grand Touring car, nothing more.

Red
    2002 Z06 Corvette

OK maybe I should have used the Supra Twin Turbo as my example. I'm a Z06 owner man. As stated i'm on my third one after the third break on the POS differential on my '01 WS6. Let's see it weighs 3,800lbs. or so with 350HP and a freakin 6 cylinder 10 bolt from the factory. Didn't expect to have to spend 3-5k on a differential for a bolt-ons only LS1 at an MSRP of 32,000. How did the freakin over weight over priced German autos get in this post. Those posts were not by you but i'm just summarizing. And lastly the allmighty Carrera-4-S or GT2 at a similar MSRP will get raped by the new ZR1. Now I sound like a German hater. If you can afford it then buy it and build it and run what you brung and always give a thumbs up win or lose. My only point is that not all drivers of Japanese made auto's are ricers

Black
    1999 Z28 Convert

Did you say the camaro weighs 3800? Not even close unless you're referring to the 2010.

Actually, they gave it a nanny shifter so it would be faster. With a six speed it wouldn't be in Z06 territory anymore since driver skill comes into play. However, with the 6 speed it would be a better and more fun car to drive.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information