Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by slp1122 View Post
    This is a direct quote from the book, "How to Build High-Performance Chevy LS1/LS6 V-8s" I'M NOT TELLING ANYONE TO DO THIS, just trying to provide a reliable source to help you in your decision.

"The simple modification that should be performed to ever MAF sensor is the gentle removal of the inside screen. GM obviously saw the light on this after a few years, because the '02 Z06 Corvette doesn't have a screen in the MAF."

"The screen is used to straighten the air coming into it to minimize false airflow readings, but on the LS vehicles with straight intakes, the screen isn't required. On trucks where the air tube approaches the MAF from the side, the screen should be left in unless you're willing to make calibration changed to account for the new readings."
    the simple fact of the matter is over the years ( even before that book came out) there have been hundreds of people having issues after porting the maf or removing the screen. Even the stock calibration isn't dead on and when you start farting around with that maf you take the chance of being worse off than when you started. I'm not against doing it, I'm against doing it if you don't have the means to tune for it. I have the means to tune for it and still run my screen on my stock maf.

Silver
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    leave the damn MAFs alone people!

ESPECIALLY THIS-----> FOR NO REASON DOES ANYONE NEED TO 'PORT' A MAF.

....ok, I'm off of my soap box now
    Frost already reamed my ass for this in a P.M. he sent me. I did it and I feel that it hurt performance. It may be a coincidence but my fuel mileage went down shortly after as well. But......If you insist, send me yours and I'll trade you!

Thread Information