Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

silver
    2002 ws6

there are many american engines running 1,000,000+ miles on over 30lbs of boost...

red
    2000 camaro ss

i'm not even gonna bother quotin all that so i dont fill pages w/ quotes. . . .i respectably say, "picking" examples of cars you may have seen make big power numbers with lots of miles (or whatever the scenario) does not make a good case. there are plenty of motors that grenade from added boost levels (w/ any amount of miles), there are motors that handle way more boost than "pros" (lack of better word) would be willing to apply to their motors. we can dig up examples of BOTH scenarios, for any motor or combo. plenty of guys can tell ya they put outrageous power down to their stock bottom ends of their SBC's w/o grenading them, as well as the guys who have spun bearings in their stock setups while driving to the grocery store. like i said, diggin for examples doesn't create a realisic base for a discussion.

"the key to getting the motor to last long is quality of tuning and parts you use"- - -quality of parts, and the stress they experience plays the largest role in longevity of a motor. this statement i just made is only valid when nothing else goes wrong- -for example- -it only takes one violent detonation on a high boost application to grenade a motor of any "quality".
    bottom line is this: more cubes = less stress for same power (i saw you already agree with this). while you have seen some small motors handle high boost (some more reknowned than others for the amount they can handle) i will be bold enough to make the claim that there are more stock internal LSX's makin high power numbers (600+ wheel) than any other car out there. however, i will be the first to admit that puttin down 900 wheel on stock internals certainly wont last long, but doesn't mean guys dont do it.
    Last edited by side2000; 12-28-2008 at 07:16 PM.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

That being said, I would like to add that I like big butts and I cannot lie.

Sorry, it's late, I was bored. Going to bed, goodnight

2008 Caliber SRT 4
    1998 Z28/ 1993 Talon awd

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    And why would you never see a TT LSX on the street?? The majority of guys who have TT LSX's drive them on the streets, I don't think you understand.

I love how everyone brags about how "easy" it is to make "huge" power with Supras, its not as straightforward as you lead people to believe. The stress on a "stock" motor at 800-900WHP is phenominal, its not going to last long at that power level, simple as that. There's this thing called physics, and cramming that much boost into that small of an engine to make that much power will eventually result in total destruction of the motor.

In order to get the car to run that fast, you need more boost and higher octane fuel than you would need to do the same thing with a larger motor. Bottom of the food chain, simple as that.

I didn't watch any of your stupid videos because I honestly don't care. We can sit here and post videos all day long of this car beating that car, its one example and it doesn't prove anything.

Yes it is. The fastest cars are still American cars with big engines, and unless someone figures out a way to change scientific principles, thats the way its going to say. You are the ignorant one for believing otherwise.

Obviously you don't need a big V8 to go "fast", but if you want to be the fastest, thats what you get. And what do you think is going to last longer reliability wise and which would be more driveable?? A 600WHP V8 on 10PSI or a 600WHP 6 cylinder on 30PSI with race fuel?? Use some common sense. Either way small ricer engines lose the battle, thats the way the world works.
    Have you look up the Texas mile?? Supra is at the top is it not?? That's going up against twin turbo vipers and tt Ford GT's. They are all turbocharged and on race gas and all are street cars, the Supra is 20 to 30mph faster.

Just stating the facts no name calling now.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Have you look up the Texas mile?? Supra is at the top is it not?? That's going up against twin turbo vipers and tt Ford GT's. They are all turbocharged and on race gas and all are street cars, the Supra is 20 to 30mph faster.

Just stating the facts no name calling now.
    How about a source??

That makes absolutely no sense.

2008 Caliber SRT 4
    1998 Z28/ 1993 Talon awd

Go to You tube type in Texas mile record,the supra ran 241.8 mph in a standing mile.This is the second year in a row a supra was the fastest,the Viper boys are vowing vengence next year.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Go to You tube type in Texas mile record,the supra ran 241.8 mph in a standing mile.This is the second year in a row a supra was the fastest,the Viper boys are vowing vengence next year.
    So obviously the boys at "Boost Logic" have a ton more money invested in the car if they are beating Vipers, Vettes, and Ford GT's.

Once again, back to simple physics:

If that Supra can go that fast with a 3.0L, a 5.4, 6.0, or 8.3 will surely go faster with the same amount of time and money invested.

I'm sure the Domestic guys will bring back the glory for the home team in 2009.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Can't we all just get along?

2008 Caliber SRT 4
    1998 Z28/ 1993 Talon awd

Well wesman we will see in 2009 and I will leave at that,seasons greeting wesman.

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    there are many american engines running 1,000,000+ miles on over 30lbs of boost...
    We'll exclude diesel engines for the time being, because they're both reliable on the import and domestic side.

So obviously the boys at "Boost Logic" have a ton more money invested in the car if they are beating Vipers, Vettes, and Ford GT's.

Once again, back to simple physics:

If that Supra can go that fast with a 3.0L, a 5.4, 6.0, or 8.3 will surely go faster with the same amount of time and money invested.

I'm sure the Domestic guys will bring back the glory for the home team in 2009.
    I totally forgot about the Texas Mile record being held by a Toyota Supra. We'll see in 2009, there are a lot of new impressive builds coming out from both sides of the fence. It will be interesting to see who takes the cake.

On that note, I guess we can close the case on this, since we've both said what we wanted to say.

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

Guys bigger is obviously better........I mean Indy Race cars are built by idiots anyway.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 4tun8 View Post
    Guys bigger is obviously better........I mean Indy Race cars are built by idiots anyway.
    And guess what??

If they had larger displacement engines and spun to the same RPM, they would make even more power!!

What a revelation!!

Not that you would understand that concept though, you are very narrow minded.

Stockitie Stock Stock 95camaroZNC's Avatar

Red
    1999 Trans Am

Wait wait so a 2jZ, arguably the only thing that toyota has ever done correctly in the FAST category, something thats also dated technology, is the BEST car to build power on? How much more does a 1995 TT supra SHELL cost over the cost of a running ls1 car? Hell how much does a 1995 TT supra RUNNING with 100k miles on it cost compared to a RUNNING ls7 camaro....... Sure if you have gobs of money to spend on a car thats old, used,beat and youll have to replace pretty much everything in it and rebuild the block and you have all that money to throw away, im sure a supra is wounderful but for the most part they have all been beat to hell there arent that many left around that someone doesnt want to charge you a arm and a leg for, a SHELL not running no engine will cost you more then a RUNNING ls1. Is it really worth it?

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 95camaroZNC View Post
    Wait wait so a 2jZ, arguably the only thing that toyota has ever done correctly in the FAST category, something thats also dated technology, is the BEST car to build power on? How much more does a 1995 TT supra SHELL cost over the cost of a running ls1 car? Hell how much does a 1995 TT supra RUNNING with 100k miles on it cost compared to a RUNNING ls7 camaro....... Sure if you have gobs of money to spend on a car thats old, used,beat and youll have to replace pretty much everything in it and rebuild the block and you have all that money to throw away, im sure a supra is wounderful but for the most part they have all been beat to hell there arent that many left around that someone doesnt want to charge you a arm and a leg for, a SHELL not running no engine will cost you more then a RUNNING ls1. Is it really worth it?
    I suppose only to a true Toyota "enthusiast".

Which is something I would be embarassed to admit.

"Toyota...building the most boring vehicles on the planet, one hybrid at a time".

Stockitie Stock Stock 95camaroZNC's Avatar

Red
    1999 Trans Am

I suppose only to a true Toyota "enthusiast".

Which is something I would be embarassed to admit.

"Toyota...building the most boring vehicles on the planet, one hybrid at a time".
    Amen. They havent built anything else worth a damn since, lets see how well that goes if the volt ever comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by 95camaroZNC View Post
    You must have not read our debate. It's a page or two back if you car to read.

Black
    2000 Trans Am

There is only one Supra running around here that I can even remember ever seeing. Its a newer one. 20s on it and its nothing special. A 300+hp Supra or even a Mustang around here is a very rare.

Silver
    04 Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by side2000 View Post
    i burned an sti in my cummins the other night. an evo the week before.

there is a spot around where i live that has some mean twisties one after another, i wait at the top and bottom of them and wait for shit to drive by that thinks they can bang turns, and i burn them. as for a straight line-i've never lost to an awd car, i know there are some that can burn me out there. . . .but they can't afford to put c16 or cam2 in their tanks enough to come see me when i'm out.
    ricer mentality goes well beyond owning a rice burner. they think awd is best when all real race cars are rwd. . .they think cuz they hit 30 instantly w/ an awd launch that they "beat vettes all the time". they burn a 3rd gen v6 w/ dual exhaust and claim they "burn v8's all the time". and they see commercials like the ones ford 'n toyota put out for their trucks and they run out and buy them.
    You know they felt like shit getting out ran by a big truck!!

Quote Originally Posted by stangereater View Post
    You know they felt like shit getting out ran by a big truck!!
    That must be one rediculous truck. I don't think I've ever lost to a deisel truck, and I've raced some fast ones.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information