Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 350Z vs WS6

Red
    1999 Trans Am

I had a guy in a 350Z follow me for weeks around my new town, finally I got him on the highway, him and his friend were SURE they were goina leave me in the dust. You wanna see there faces when I left them standin still.....never again did he tail me

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

^^^ what have you done to your car? the new 350Z's are a bit faster and supposedly run in the mid to low 13's with a good driver but i dont know that for sure. I just spoke to the owner of the G37s he says he has installed an exhuast system and is going to install a Stillen intake which supposedly gives 18rwhp so will just call it a mild bolt on G37 i dont think it will give him that much power but who knows. I want to finish my mods and for him to finish he's before we race.

My mods are gonna be by the time we race which should be next weekend if he is down will be SLP Lid, K&N, Smooth Bellow, TB Ported, TB bypass, Exhuast Cutout, Hooker Muffler, LSx Tune and 160 Thermo. I think i should be about 300-305rwhp but i doubt it. The G37 as stated just exhuast and intake. Hopefully i can pull on him he says his car is real fast so i dont know whats gonna happen.
    Last edited by karpetcm; 12-20-2008 at 04:45 PM.

Pewter
    Y2K WS6

Nice kill they are pretty cars... but no real grunt!

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post
    ^^^ what have you done to your car? the new 350Z's are a bit faster and supposedly run in the mid to low 13's with a good driver but i dont know that for sure. I just spoke to the owner of the G37s he says he has installed an exhuast system and is going to install a Stillen intake which supposedly gives 18rwhp so will just call it a mild bolt on G37 i dont think it will give him that much power but who knows. I want to finish my mods and for him to finish he's before we race.

My mods are gonna be by the time we race which should be next weekend if he is down will be SLP Lid, K&N, Smooth Bellow, TB Ported, TB bypass, Exhuast Cutout, Hooker Muffler, LSx Tune and 160 Thermo. I think i should be about 300-305rwhp but i doubt it. The G37 as stated just exhuast and intake. Hopefully i can pull on him he says his car is real fast so i dont know whats gonna happen.
    You have the power just don't mash the pedal in the lower gears, you don't want to lose because you don't hook properly.

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    My friend has a TT 350Z. Still only runs low low 13s at the track.
    You're joking right. I ran low 13s, back when I had my stock F-body. That's pretty pathetic, he needs to put some drag radials or slicks on it and figure how what that rod sticking out of the console is and that far left pedal is for.

red
    2000 camaro ss

theyre high 13, low 14 sec cars that are not responsive to bolt-ons. i'd ride a bike before i drove onea those. why not just buy a c5. . . . . . .better car in all aspects of the phrase.

i know a kid who has a turbo on his and i still burn him. not that it means much. . . .

red
    2000 camaro ss

18 WHEEL HORSEPOWER FROM AN INTAKE?!?!? sounds like bullshit ricer claims to me.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

^^^ ya i kinda figured that, i told him not to believe the claims he says he has seen dyno numbers to prove it and im like ya i know by the company your buying the intake from. Unless you see it for yourself before and after numbers or someone who is reputable i wouldnt expect anything more then 3-5 at the wheels. I think because he has 330hp to start with compared to my 310hp with his intake and exhuast he would have about 340hp under the hood maybe a bit more i should be around 340hp under the hood as well, maybe. Since he does have a auto im a tad concerned on my shifting, im not bad but definitly room for improvement. Will see what happens he seems like he wants to race so hopefully will get it going soon.

red
    2000 camaro ss

his car is 4000 pounds. don't sweat that ricer. . . .his dyno graphs don't look like yours. you have more to the wheels, and your car is lighter. just burn him. launch that whore, twist it to 50 mph in first, and he will wonder "when's he gonna shift".

Red
    1999 Trans Am

You should definately be able to race a 350Z. I have LS6 Heads/Cam SLP LS6 Intake, Headers, Exhaust, Tune

I ran a 350 in my Z/28 a while back, only had it by a car 60-120. It was no joke. He was on my rear bumper ! Dang !
    04 C5 A4 Torch Red - sold
    2009 CTS4 Ice Black - sold
    2013 1500 Silverado Z71 - sold
    02 Z/28 M6 Onyx Black All Options - Sold

2014 Caddy CTS4 - DD
    2016 Silverado 2500HD
    2020 Caddy XT6
    2020 2SS Vert

Black
    1999 Z28 Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Danger731 View Post
    I ran a 350 in my Z/28 a while back, only had it by a car 60-120. It was no joke. He was on my rear bumper ! Dang !
    Maybe if yours was a 97

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Quote Originally Posted by Eric1987 View Post
    Maybe if yours was a 97
    I can see one keeping up with an LS1 if the Z is modded. They are actually not that slow. They are really nice cars when done right.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric1987 View Post
    Maybe if yours was a 97

Quote Originally Posted by wooddaniel View Post
    I can see one keeping up with an LS1 if the Z is modded. They are actually not that slow. They are really nice cars when done right.
    I'm sure he put $ into it

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

ive seen alot of vids were a bone stock 350Z either keeps up with a S2000 or barely pulls on one, those are the older models the newer models have a bit more power but are said to be much quicker maybe they are underated meaning the new Z.

red
    2000 camaro ss

ive seen alot of vids were a bone stock 350Z either keeps up with a S2000 or barely pulls on one, those are the older models the newer models have a bit more power but are said to be much quicker maybe they are underated meaning the new Z.
    i race both in my truck. high 13's low 14's is just not fast, in my O

White
    2000 Firebird Formula

Quote Originally Posted by KyleLs1 View Post
    they are for high school kids where i live hahaha
    Apparently you live in a rich neighborhood.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

350z's maybe for high school kids around there but were i live kids in high school will have 335 and mercedes as there first car and i mean thousands of kids. Honestly not a rich area they just have there priorities out of wack. I wouldnt care if there parents bought if for them all the more power to them but iv had many friends and others i know that barely make the payments and eventually file for bankruptcy, not just there car but many other CC payments.

Before buying my car i had a blank check at hand wanting to buy a C5Z06 and with the monthly payments i couldve easily afforded it. I dont drive my cars more then 2 times a week and on top of it i wanted to save money, got married and want to start a family and i went to buy a 01 Z28 and couldnt be any happier with the car. I guess everyone has there preferences and reasons either way a 350Z is a good car i dont think its a car you buy to drag race but something that would work well as a DD and looks good, well looks are preference as well, lol.

red
    2000 camaro ss

i'd buy one for my mom if i won the lottery and she, for some insane reason, didn't want a c5. i would never let one sit in my driveway before a c5. . .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information