Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Supras are roll racing machines. From 80 - ∞

Blue
    1984 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by km346 View Post
    Supra's can make serious HP, but their big problem is getting that power to the pavement. Ive seen a few 500+ HP supras run at the track and none where running under 12 sec. passes. As long as your racing one from a dig even a fairly stock ls1 can hang. From a roll though... your just asking for an ass whoopin.
    That is becuase the first 4 seconds their turbo isn't spooled and they are running a #L NA race. It's hard to overcome a big setback like that from a dig.

Another thing that baffles me is the RWHP some of them produce and they trap like they have 250hp less. Even with the turbo spool, it makes almost no sense.

red
    2000 camaro ss

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Huryk View Post
    That is becuase the first 4 seconds their turbo isn't spooled and they are running a #L NA race. It's hard to overcome a big setback like that from a dig.

Another thing that baffles me is the RWHP some of them produce and they trap like they have 250hp less. Even with the turbo spool, it makes almost no sense.
    turbo lag is a bitch. and i am really not impressed by massive turbos makin big power. sure, if ya want to be the dyno king, or "race from 80 roll" king, then big turbo is way to go, but i would never road race one. NA all the way.
    "but side2000 i've seen supras that make 1000 wheel, you're an idiot". . . .i've seen geo's run 9's on compound turbos. it's all 'bout what ya want n how much you wanna spend. i'll take the violence of my ravenous NA crackin through gears anyday over a max power application. if i was rich, my "ravenous NA" would have over 600 wheel.

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    fuck supras
    i agree,.....have to be boosted to have any balls.......I dont have respect for ant cars that HAVE to be boosted to have any balls at all

red
    2000 camaro ss

Quote Originally Posted by TransAm11973 View Post
    i agree,.....have to be boosted to have any balls.......I dont have respect for ant cars that HAVE to be boosted to have any balls at all
    why not? you wouldn't rock an NA supra with cam swap and intake? that'd be beast! 14's!!!

i see this guy at track with a turbo geo. has a NOS bottle for a passenger and 4 turbos. i'd die to have that thing. runs 9's. beast!

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by side2000 View Post
    why not? you wouldn't rock an NA supra with cam swap and intake? that'd be beast! 14's!!!

i see this guy at track with a turbo geo. has a NOS bottle for a passenger and 4 turbos. i'd die to have that thing. runs 9's. beast!
    4 turbos?????? on a geo?? One word comes to mind. Jackass. I would have to see pictures of that to believe it anyway. And no I would not rock a NA supra with cam/intake swap.. nor would I rock a geo even if it has NOS and a turbo....I have a lot more respect for myself than that.....
    Last edited by TransAm11973; 01-21-2009 at 07:50 PM.

red
    2000 camaro ss

dude, 4 turbos on a geo is beast. and 14's is fast dude, c'mon. i'd give my car away and sell my soul for a cammed NA supra w/ a crooked 5" exhaust tip.
    2000 red ss: >2" drop, koni adjustables 'n 275 s-compounds all way around, giant brakes, dynatech LT's, borla catback (no plate), t56, tubular everything, HARD TOP, caged, "stock" heads 'n a mean cam. -2* front camber.

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

dude, 4 turbos on a geo is beast. and 14's is fast dude, c'mon. i'd give my car away and sell my soul for a cammed NA supra w/ a crooked 5" exhaust tip.

Alpine Silver
    1995 Toyota Supra Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    Supras are roll racing machines. From 80 - ∞
    that is unless they are automatics then they are better at going from a dig. The main problem with the supra is the IRS which is built specifically for road racing, which during hard launches causes major wheel hop. This is why many of the drag supras have a 9" ford rear end.

it goes the same IMHO for all cars, Automatic>manual for drag racing.

Alpine Silver
    1995 Toyota Supra Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by 1 RedHot TransAm View Post
    nice kills, and screw the supras people put alot of $$$ in those to make them fast, if I had the dough id much rather put it into an LS1, sounds better and its AMERICAN nuff said...
    a lot of money? it takes around the same amount to make a viper, to get into the 8s or a vette ( i belive,) i mean look at how much the lingenfelter TT package is. its around the same amount as a new 08 Z06 $86 grand for 1000hp?! for a supra compared to that much its actually much less possibly $40k. so does that mean its worthless because you have to put that much into it to get 1000hp/fast?

also how is low 11s (with out a single or modified twins) slow? which is what you can get from a tt with minimal modifications. are you comparing supras to hondas? and yes it costs alot, because of the fact that belive it or not supras are rare semi exotic sports cars, which are pretty much no frills, street legal race cars. not at all daily drivers but because they are toyotas they think they are corrollas. or frickin hondas.

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    fuck supras
    yes fuck fast cars slow cars are better right? .. not being biased or anything, simply because i own one, i actually like all fast cars, otherwise i wouldn't be here. But what you just said is the same thing that other rice boys say whenever they get beat by another car saying aww they are slow etc.

in other words give respect where its due. I am not a fan at all of mustangs but i know many of them are fast, and i must give respect to where its due.

Quote Originally Posted by El Toro Loco View Post
    supra are badass but just to damn expensive its insane
    again, rare , semi exotic car, in the same leauge as the vette,(not the current one or the c5 but definitly the zr1 or the c4 or any vette from 93.5-98) i know that is not what people (especially here) want to hear but it is,
    Last edited by 95MKIVTT; 02-11-2009 at 04:59 PM.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by 95MKIVTT View Post
    again, rare , semi exotic car, in the same leauge as the vette,(not the current one or the c5 but definitly the zr1 or the c4 or any vette from 93.5-98) i know that is not what people (especially here) want to hear but it is,
    If I'm not mistaken I said the same damn thing not to far back in this thread. I was reading about how the MKIV Supra actually outhandles a C4 on the skid pad, cones, and pretty much every thing else.

Alpine Silver
    1995 Toyota Supra Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by squee View Post
    If I'm not mistaken I said the same damn thing not to far back in this thread. I was reading about how the MKIV Supra actually outhandles a C4 on the skid pad, cones, and pretty much every thing else.
    meh im slow sue me. and i know old thread but i thought id get back into the swing of things as i havent been here in a while.

red
    2000 camaro ss

built c4 > built supra on road course. no ifs ands buts.

dont forget those lingenfelter packages for 80 grand comes with new motor etc etc from LINGENFELTER. . . .30 thousand of it is for the name.

i'm not sayin supras are beat cars (well maybe i am), but they been around for twenty years. i could turn a 1997 c5 into 1000 horse street monster for a fraction of the cost of that lingenfelter package. or for fair age comparison, i could pick up a c4 for way cheaper than a supra to start, and then build motor, add boost, and still take my girl out to eat. with a supra, i'd have an incomplete project and an angry ex-girlfriend.
    Last edited by side2000; 02-12-2009 at 06:00 AM.

PEWETER METALIC
    2002 CAMARO Z-28 M-6

Quote Originally Posted by 01NBMSS View Post

Next redlight an eclipse that was all riced out pulls up beside me and we raced from a stop. By the time I shifted to third I was way ahead of him. Didn't expect much competition.
    Sounds like you raced an naturally aspirated 420A neon motor car, you might as well have raced a Geo metro lol.

Thread Information